Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post match interview tonight

Geoff: "David, is there any truth in you signing Juan Mata?"
Moyes: "Listen Geoff, we're always after the best players. They all want to come here"
Geoff: "Can you add to that comment David?"
Moyes: "No just we move on and try win the next game"
:lol:

I'm massively interested in this. We're playing you in a month and I don't want anything to get in the way. I'm sick of Mourinho trying to sabotage us at every point. If he sells you Mata after turning down a loan move for Demba Ba, I'll begin to believe he's just an ABA(Anyone but Arsenal)

We're turning you over anyway Al, you are our bitch.

So, Balague is a self-proclaimed La Liga expert, how can he know what's happening between 2 English clubs is beyond me.

Backtracking slightly? :lol:

:lol: I don't know why you lot torture yourselves listening to these twats. 99% of what they 'predict' is bollocks and the 1% that isn't is on the telly about 40 seconds later.

You'd rather we fabregas this deal?

I think you mean to say that we are Fellainiing the transfer.

An excessive financial offer borne out of panic or past mistakes.

It annoys me hat Moyes and the club have backed themselves into such a corner in the first place. Whilst Mata is certainly a very good player and a benefit to the team i do wonder how much we'll have left come the summer.

Great signing if it happens, maybe we won't be so toothless in the final 3rd, as we have a lot of times this season. Still midfield and defence need to be fixed next.

---------RVP---Rooney-------
------------Kagawa-------
---Januzaj----------Mata----
------------Carrick-------------
Evra----Vidic---Jones----Rafael--
------------DDG--------------

Very attacking, but would it work, it's effectively a 4-4-2 diamond! If you wonder why I've gone for this it's to get all our best personal on the pitch at once! The question is would that work!

Otherwise we have to sacrifice one of the front men, which feels ashame when the replacement would be Cleverley, i.e traditional 4-2-3-1

----------------RVP------------------
--Mata----Kagawa/ Januzaj---Rooney--
-------Carrick------------Cleverley-----
---Evra----Vidic---Jones----Rafael--
----------------DDG--------------

On paper I can see why Mata is not the obvious choice. What does he give us that Kagawa shouldn't? Are we basically saying that Kagawa is either A) not as good or even potentially as good as Mata or B) Kagawa is less flexible.

It seems we have plenty of tools to do 4-2-3-1 already, i.e. Kagawa, Rooney and Januzaj as the 3 and then the issue comes more to having enough decent holding midfielders, which is what Cleverley/ Giggs/ Fletcher/ Jones/ Anderson, appear to be lacking.

I've been saying for a while the obvious quick fix is CB, automatically increasing quality in defence and if they are a decent attacking defender some distribution from defence. Also LB, as Evra is a bit slow to get back.

Otherwise if we are going with wingers, we just need some quality on the wing, as opposed to the crap we currently have, Januzaj aside

Still want to know what sky mean by "3rd party"? Sure they just want to make things upmsomthey sound as the 1s who broke this story.

:lol: I don't know why you lot torture yourselves listening to these twats. 99% of what they 'predict' is bollocks and the 1% that isn't is on the telly about 40 seconds later.

It's incredible because in this day and age, what do you really save by searching around on Twitter etc for rumours before they break? How long until real news broken on twitter is then found on BBC or Sky Sports or everywhere else?

What is the point?

---------RVP---Rooney-------
------------Kagawa-------
---Januzaj----------Mata----
------------Carrick-------------
Evra----Vidic---Jones----Rafael--
------------DDG--------------

Very attacking, but would it work, it's effectively a 4-4-2 diamond! If you wonder why I've gone for this it's to get all our best personal on the pitch at once! The question is would that work!

Otherwise we have to sacrifice one of the front men, which feels ashame when the replacement would be Cleverley, i.e traditional 4-2-3-1

----------------RVP------------------
--Mata----Kagawa/ Januzaj---Rooney--
-------Carrick------------Cleverley-----
---Evra----Vidic---Jones----Rafael--
----------------DDG--------------

On paper I can see why Mata is not the obvious choice. What does he give us that Kagawa shouldn't? Are we basically saying that Kagawa is either A) not as good or even potentially as good as Mata or B) Kagawa is less flexible.

It seems we have plenty of tools to do 4-2-3-1 already, i.e. Kagawa, Rooney and Januzaj as the 3 and then the issue comes more to having enough decent holding midfielders, which is what Cleverley/ Giggs/ Fletcher/ Jones/ Anderson, appear to be lacking.

I've been saying for a while the obvious quick fix is CB, automatically increasing quality in defence and if they are a decent attacking defender some distribution from defence. Also LB, as Evra is a bit slow to get back.

Otherwise if we are going with wingers, we just need some quality on the wing, as opposed to the crap we currently have, Januzaj aside

tl;dr

No one cares. Just sign him up!

What's-a Mata you Hey! Gotta no respect Hey! What-a you t'ink you do Moyes? Why you look-a so sad? With Woody t's not so bad! it's-a nice-a place, Ah, shaddap-a you face

Status
Not open for further replies.