Are we getting Mata,
Or is this all a dream?
Will it make it easier on you now
if you got Woodie to blame?
You say
Juan Love,
Juan Mata

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25849959

Manchester United have made a bid in the region of £35m for Chelsea midfielder Juan Mata.

Mata, 25, has been linked with a move from Stamford Bridge having not held down a regular starting place since Jose Mourinho returned as manager.

United deny making an official offer, but an initial bid has been tabled through intermediaries acting on behalf of the Premier League champions.

Mata did not train with Chelsea's first team on Wednesday.

Holy feck

Finally, a big signing. I hope this indicates a shift in our play style or I fear it will be wasted. Imagine a 4-3-3 with:
Cleverley - Carrick - Fletch
Mata Rooney/RVp Kagawa
Would be phenomenal, but very limited I think. It will be interesting to see what happens with Kagawa if Mata joins.

Oh god

United deny making an official offer, but an initial bid has been tabled through intermediaries acting on behalf of the Premier League champions.

Let's not hope more imposters!

Didn't that Luiz/Mata for Rooney swap thing also make the BBC?? That was bollocks in the end wasn't it?

Reports all over the place now that a bid has been submitted. :nervous:

Why are they saying we haven't made an official bid but rather submitted a bid through "intermediaries"? What does that even mean?

On the BBC now.

Holy mother of fecking god! This is happening. THIS IS HAPPENING!!

You've got to say we'd be getting with his best years in front of him for a relatively decent price. Now, can we get a CM and all? And I wonder if this'll mean Rooney will be off in the summer?

Has anyone posted that link from the BBC sport website yet?

Right, I'm off for a shower. If I don't return to the news that he's starting for us tonight, I'll be mega disappointed.

Uh oh, the Ander Herrera lawyers?

EDIT: feck all the faster posters. I'm new to this shit.

I always said Mourinho was the only manager to guarantee us fourth place.

You've got to say we'd be getting with his best years in front of him for a relatively decent price. Now, can we get a CM and all? And I wonder if this'll mean Rooney will be off in the summer?

Imagine what it's going to be like to buy a player just coming into his peak. Unknown territory for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.