Not open for further replies.
----------DDG--------
Rafael Evans Vidic Evra

----Carrick Fellaini-----

Mata-----------Januzaj
-------Rooney---------
---------RVP-----------

:drool:

I think you're getting a bit carried away here. Mata's a good player but he's not a Fabregas or van Persie (nor is he worth £37-40m)

At that sort of money for another teams reject we're being held to ransom, no doubt.

But hey, if it happens, we wont be the only team thats happened to this year.

So the figure has gone up to £40m now?

Have we hired Terry Tibbs to do the negotiating here?

@adexkola

Who are these CMs of mata's quality that re available in jan and yet we're choosing to ignore? Fact is, its v tough to get big names in jan specially this year with he WC around. Neither do clubs want to sell mid season nor do players want to risk a change and damage their WC chances. Its one of the biggest reasons this could happen, mata wants to Be on The plane to brazil.

I'd rather we didnt go out and buy an average player for top dollar while saddling ourselves with another average player on high wages and a long contract.

Probably, but I think not. If Moyes is sticking with 4-4-1-1 (and I think he will), playing Mata as a traditional winger will be as ineffective as Kagawa imo.

Seriously? I agree he is toothless and Evra inconsistent, but I still rate midfield as out weakest area.

You're saying that you think MOyes will stick to a system that's been completely ineffective? Bizzare assertion.

Mata is a player who will improve any team, and is good enough to fit into a variety of systems. Kagawa, probably hasn't had the opportunity to play in his desired position, but from what I've seen of the two, Mata is another level - due in part to the fact that he's settled in the PL and had huge success.

He was Chelsea's best player for two years (including a Champions League and UEFA cup win) in a system where he often played from the left.

Moyes has been limited with what he could do. He's tried to crow bar Kagawa into the side but he just isnt able to get into the game from wide positions. He might be a very good "number 10" but he isnt as good as Rooney, and probably never will be. Moyes has been left with traditional wide players, or Welbeck "drifting inside" - the latter of which he seems to favour. SO I dont see that he's likely to stick to 4-4-1-1.

Bottom line - United look like signing one of the PL's best players performance wise, over the last two seasons. H'es still young, keen to play and generally a very very good footballer. It shows that the club are preapred to spend big money and I suspect his signing will not be the last in terms of high profile transfers. Its nothing but positive for me.

You can argue we may need a midfielder, right now, more than Mata. But those players may not be available until the summer. Not signing other top players in other positions wont change that.

We're being served Valencia's and Young's crapness week in, week out, so Mata would seem like Messi in comparison.
It appears we can't win with opposition fans. Finally get realistically linked to some genuinely quality players and he 'won't fix our problems' and 'isn't worth £40 million'. I sense some fear.

Wasn't there some wrestler who did the worm in his entrance? Maybe that could be it with moyes doing the worm from one end of the pitch to the other.

Not sure on that. What the hell is a worm entrance?

Had this transfer window passed without major recruitment at Manchester United, and the club had then failed to qualify for the Champions League, how much harder would it have been to rejuvenate the squad in the summer?

Now, there is evidence that Moyes, and the owners, will do whatever it takes. By breaking United’s transfer record they will signal their intent to address this slide.

United will not be allowed to slip to the periphery, like Arsenal before the recruitment of Mesut Ozil. They will spend, they will scrap, they will successfully pursue players from the top echelon of the game.

Whatever Mata achieves in a red shirt this season, he is the poster boy for optimism. Last week, Moyes was the man who couldn’t persuade Leighton Baines to leave Everton — now he is the manager who signed Mata.
Martin Samuel in the Daily Fail; he says Chelsea are wrong if they think United are a spent force and therefore it's no risk to sell us Mata.

It appears we can't win with opposition fans. Finally get realistically linked to some genuinely quality players and he 'won't fix our problems' and 'isn't worth £40 million'. I sense some fear.

feck the opposition fans. It's not like Glaston can talk much seeing as Spurs signed Lamela for 30m in the summer.

We're being served Valencia's and Young's crapness week in, week out, so Mata would seem like Messi in comparison.
Surely he's not going to replace either?

He'd be a good player off the bench and could fit in behind the striker though.

Forget the price honestly. Mata is a quality player who can play killer passes in the final third and can actually play out wide and put in a cross that doesn't hit the first man.

He'd be a major improvement on every one of our creative players.

We are struggling to open up teams even when we are on top, Mata will instantly improve us in that sense.

Mata in red is dancing with me, cheek to cheek.
There's nobody here, it's just you and me.
It's where i Juana be.
And i hardly know, this beauty by my side
I'll never forget, the way you look tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.