Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about if we can't yet sign the centre mid of Mata's calibre? Given that we're being continuously linked with the likes of Vidal and Gundogan, it seems fair to say that player is on our agenda as well. I'd rather we got Mata as well whilst we can, will be a big boost for the rest of the season.

If we couldn't get anyone of that caliber, then I wouldn't mind bringing in Mata. It is concerning that we can't find a decent CM on the entire continent

This is exactly what Fergie did in signing RvP, plastered over the cracks. Mata does not solve the 2 big problems that need immediate attention, a CM and a LB. When Rooney and RvP are back, we are going to get goals again, not plenty, but sufficient whilst still labouring over the deficiencies in other areas.

Just replacing Valencia with Mata will have an effect, but definitely less than what we need without strengthening other areas too.

At the moment, we're like beggars pressing our little faces against the window of a banquet hall as the nouveau riche scoff a load of...um...iced buns covered in diamonds. They laugh aloud as our hot breath steams up this crass but showy vision. So, in short, any signing will do - we're frackin' starved.
You're saying we're the Jewish kid at Christmas?

Is Mata a signing that United urgently need?

Can't see it myself ... he ain't gonna fix your CM problems. So it's an awful lot of money to fix ... er .... not sure.

He's a quality player. If you look at our performance in the final 3rd this season then

Urgent? Probably not, but at the same time we shouldn't always wait til things are critical.

RVP was hardly urgent either, that worked out alright in the end.

This is exactly what Fergie did in signing RvP, plastered over the cracks. Mata does not solve the 2 big problems that need immediate attention, a CM and a LB. When Rooney and RvP are back, we are going to get goals again, not plenty, but sufficient whilst still labouring over the deficiencies in other areas.

Just replacing Valencia with Mata will have an effect, but definitely less than what we need without strengthening other areas too.
Valencia is shocking. More harmful to our team than Evra.

Not even tabled a bid yet, this will be another Fabregas, reports of being close and then reports of us not having tabled a bid? Surely you need to have tabled a starting bid to get close to signing someone. I can't see this happening.

Maybe our cm targets aren't available until the summer, so a quick fix till then to push for that forth will do IMO.

That's why you're on a United forum, posting in a thread about Juan Mata. No not much botherred at all :lol:

feck off Glaston.

Does one need to be 'bothered' by something in order to comment on it? I think not.

Is Mata a signing that United urgently need?

Can't see it myself ... he ain't gonna fix your CM problems. So it's an awful lot of money to fix ... er .... not sure.

... the fact that we have been shite in 95.2% of every minute this season.

Dress it up how you want, signing Mata would be HUGE for the club in it's present situation.

Not even tabled a bid yet, this will be another Fabregas, reports of being close and then reports of us not having tabled a bid? Surely you need to have tabled a starting bid to get close to signing someone. I can't see this happening.

I'm hoping we're doing something along the lines of the Van Persie deal. No formal bids, just negotiations. We've only 9 days left, it wouldn't make much sense to sit at Carrington faxing over bid after bid when we can sit down and thrash it out with all parties present.

The lights in the stadium have to go off first, then a wwe style song comes up. After which a spotlight comes into the centre of the field revealing a man in a hoodie, face covered. The crowd go wild, and then baaam! The hoodie comes off revealing Juan mata. Jizz everywhere, people fainting, moyes going crazy on the sidelines, and our opposition declaring defeat!

:lol: I'm dying here

Does one need to be 'bothered' by something in order to comment on it? I think not.

I think someone must be bothered enough to take the time to sign into a United forum just to comment on how unbothered they are.

Absolutely. Even if we stick with our 'play the ball out to the right flank' strategy it will be hell of a lot more successful with Mata there.

The club don't want to have a bid rejected like the Fabregas bids, so they want to make sure the bid made will be the only bid i.e. what Chelsea will accept. Hence why 'talks are ongoing'. Not faxing a blind bid over and crossing their fingers that it'll be accepted.

Absolutely. Even if we stick with our 'play the ball out to the right flank' strategy it will be hell of a lot more successful with Mata there.
Valencia is an excellent winger.

Maybe our cm targets aren't available until the summer, so a quick fix till then to push for that forth will do IMO.

Probably, but I think not. If Moyes is sticking with 4-4-1-1 (and I think he will), playing Mata as a traditional winger will be as ineffective as Kagawa imo.

Seriously? I agree he is toothless and Evra inconsistent, but I still rate midfield as out weakest area.

All these papers are just reporting rehashed white.

I Juan you to blow me...

I'm hoping we're doing something along the lines of the Van Persie deal. No formal bids, just negotiations. We've only 9 days left, it wouldn't make much sense to sit at Carrington faxing over bid after bid when we can sit down and thrash it out with all parties present.

The club don't want to have a bid rejected like the Fabregas bids, so they want to make sure the bid made will be the only bid i.e. what Chelsea will accept. Hence why 'talks are ongoing'. Not faxing a blind bid over and crossing their fingers that it'll be accepted.

Here's hoping :drool:

If this goes through then you have to say this is about ten times the business we thought we could do in January. Panic buy my ring piece!

Probably, but I think not. If Moyes is sticking with 4-4-1-1 (and I think he will), playing Mata as a traditional winger will be as ineffective as Kagawa imo.

Seriously? I agree he is toothless and Evra inconsistent, but I still rate midfield as out weakest area.
Didn't he get player of the year as a winger at Valencia?

At the moment, we're like beggars pressing our little faces against the window of a banquet hall as the nouveau riche scoff a load of...um...iced buns covered in diamonds. They laugh aloud as our hot breath steams up this crass but showy vision. So, in short, any signing will do - we're frackin' starved.
If they're eating diamonds the joke's on them, theyre going to cut them to ribbons on the way out.

Dress it up how you want, signing Mata would be HUGE for the club in it's present situation.
I think you're getting a bit carried away here. Mata's a good player but he's not a Fabregas or van Persie (nor is he worth £37-40m)

Status
Not open for further replies.