Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Mata a signing that United urgently need?

Can't see it myself ... he ain't gonna fix your CM problems. So it's an awful lot of money to fix ... er .... not sure.
Admit that you desperately don't want this to happen. ;)

Can't see it myself ... he ain't gonna fix your CM problems. So it's an awful lot of money to fix ... er .... not sure.
He'll solve a creativity problem that is a pretty urgent issue in our current side.

While on the face of it many will agree with you, i dont think you could be further from the truth.

Given the tail spin that we seem to be in and the subsequent "Utd in Crisis....the dyansty is finished" headlines, reminding the world that we Manchester United is exactly what we need to do. Signing a player of Mata's quality sends a message to our rivals, our fans, and our current squad - we are United and we aint going fecking anywhere.

Its as good a signing as we could make.

Hope he is helicoptered in to the centre circle, unzips his tracksuit, and ready to play.

The lights in the stadium have to go off first, then a wwe style song comes up. After which a spotlight comes into the centre of the field revealing a man in a hoodie, face covered. The crowd go wild, and then baaam! The hoodie comes off revealing Juan mata. Jizz everywhere, people fainting, moyes going crazy on the sidelines, and our opposition declaring defeat!

I'm trying not to get too excited, staying away from news sites/the Cafe until anything becomes official, but it's hard... so hard, this one, singular post is my lapse.

No, a better signing would be a central midfielder of Mata's caliber. Or maybe both signings. But the priority would be a central midfielder who would ease the pressure on our defense, and offer better service to our forward men.

Edit: In reply to LonelyFire

Was RVP urgently needed? Ignore Glaston because you simply don't turn down players of that quality, RVP, Mata.

It's just baffling we turned down Ozil!

Admit that you desperately don't want this to happen. ;)

I'm honestly not much bothered either way. He'll probably improve your best XI a bit, assuming you keep Rooney, but the core CM problem will remain and your defensive woes may even get a tad worse.

But anyhow, we don't play United again this season, so if he does improve you then hopefully you'll take points away from our two main rivals for top 4.

There's more of a chance of Mata firing us to 4th place than say Cabaye who people want us to sign. Despite all the moaning about our CM how many more points would we have had if he had a winger who wasn't as bad as Valencia or Young.

No, a better signing would be a central midfielder of Mata's caliber. Or maybe both signings. But the priority would be a central midfielder who would ease the pressure on our defense, and offer better service to our forward men.

Can see your point mate - i just think given what has went on, a name was equally as important. Adding quality like Mata will lift the performances of those around him.

Jesus, I'm watching SSN here and its making me hard. They're talking like its a done deal.

Interestingly Andy Cole was asked his opinion and he said he thinks he'd be a fantastic signing, he doubts Utd will change the system too dramatically, but that Mata is an intelligent enough player to adapt to any system he's asked to play in.

feck it, I'm digging out my Kermit onsie!
:lol: What was it you said?

"Keep dreaming muppets."

In all seriousness, we'd still need to fix the central midfield but we need new signings for wings and attacking midfield regardless as Rooney will probably leave. I've accepted that he's going, and if we bring in mata then I wouldn't mind all that much giving them Rooney in the summer (since he's off anyway). This way we have the #10 position sorted whatever happens, and if he decides to stay then we have the wings sorted as well.

The lights in the stadium have to go off first, then a wwe style song comes up. After which a spotlight comes into the centre of the field revealing a man in a hoodie, face covered. The crowd go wild, and then baaam! The hoodie comes off revealing Juan mata. Jizz everywhere, people fainting, moyes going crazy on the sidelines, and our opposition declaring defeat!

Well, in that case, it just has to be The Rock's hit single "It Doesn't Matter!"

I'm honestly not much bothered either way. He'll probably improve your best XI a bit, assuming you keep Rooney, but the core CM problem will remain and your defensive woes may even get a tad worse.

But anyhow, we don't play United again this season, so if he does improve you then hopefully you'll take points away from our two main rivals for top 4.

That's why you're on a United forum, posting in a thread about Juan Mata. No not much botherred at all :lol:

feck off Glaston.

BistoSpur said:

At the moment, we're like beggars pressing our little faces against the window of a banquet hall as the nouveau riche scoff a load of...um...iced buns covered in diamonds. They laugh aloud as our hot breath steams up this crass but showy vision. So, in short, any signing will do - we're frackin' starved.

30 assists a season improves our first team by more than 'a bit'. He's exactly the sort of quality we need. Also, Carrick, Fletcher and Jones is not as disastrous as everyone thinks it is.

We have fellaini for our CM. He's just waiting to burst into life.

What about if we can't yet sign the centre mid of Mata's calibre? Given that we're being continuously linked with the likes of Vidal and Gundogan, it seems fair to say that player is on our agenda as well. I'd rather we got Mata as well whilst we can, will be a big boost for the rest of the season.

:lol:

Every 5 minutes my mind changes from "Definitely going to happen" to "Not in a million years dreamerboy".

I'd say this is what going crazy is like, but I've been crazy my whole life.

There's more of a chance of Mata firing us to 4th place than say Cabaye who people want us to sign. Despite all the moaning about our CM how many more points would we have had if he had a winger who wasn't as bad as Valencia or Young.

We can sign both a CM and Mata. :drool:

While on the face of it many will agree with you, i dont think you could be further from the truth.

Given the tail spin that we seem to be in and the subsequent "Utd in Crisis....the dyansty is finished" headlines, reminding the world that we Manchester United is exactly what we need to do. Signing a player of Mata's quality sends a message to our rivals, our fans, and our current squad - we are United and we aint going fecking anywhere.

Its as good a signing as we could make.

As I've said, in the Summer it would have been true. Right now many will consider him a Chelsea reject (wrongly as he was their best player for two seasons) and a player who is unwanted by Jose. It'll be a high profile signing but it won't be as big as it would have been a year ago for instance.

Just to reiterate what everyone else is saying.

feck off Glaston.

Has there been any development from anyone on SSN? Or is everything still based on what Ballague said?

The usual Sky stuff I'm afraid..... Little else going on today apart from Utd so it will be going on all day and will probably dominate the pre match en all.

Could see Mata and Coentrao in this month, Fellaini, Van Persie and Rooney back, plus Carrick and Fletcher getting form and fitness with each game. I reckon we'd be in great shape going forward if we can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.