Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait til it's done.

Moyes and Woodward will be ridiculed all over the place. "United sign a world class player but it took Fergie and Gill to get the deal done. More evidence that Woodward and Moyes aren't up to the job". Yada yada.

Mata wants to leave, chelsea seem to want to sell. I know its more complicated then this but you want find easier circumstances then this

BelIWMICAAIg-5e.jpg

Look at Valencia flying high in 6th :wenger:

I havent read anything to suggest but at a guess I think this is what some will point towards. Fergie's special relationship with Jose and the fact him and Gill met with Roman on Sunday.
I hope the media dont spin it like that, but I guess it would be preferable to Abramovich announcing his new managerial dream team of Gill and SAF as CEO and DOF at Chelsea.

I'd imagine he'd be busy training and what not.

It looks good for the club that we still have a Sir Alex Ferguson to use. The media shit on anything we do, good or bad, anyway.
I just don't see it being good that retired former manager has a hand in top transfer deals. They were having a go at his influence by attending matches...this takes the biscuit!

But we really don't know what's happening so its harsh to judge.

I just don't see it being good that retired former manager has a hand in top transfer deals.
I just don't see it being bad either. If you're going to ask a former manager to do anything, it's as good a reason as any, and a good a manager as any.

Fair enough if Wigan asked Martinez, but we're talking about a retired manager who's still involved with the club.

I just don't see it being bad either. If you're going to ask a former manager to do anything, it's as good a reason as any, and a good a manager as any.

Fair enough if Wigan asked Martinez, but we're talking about a retired manager who's still involved with the club.
For me it would be a bad thing for David Moyes.

Many have said Fergie still has actual influence on the side and over Moyes and obviously this would prove them correct. He would essentially be doing the job of a director of football on this deal.

For me it would be a bad thing for David Moyes.

Many have said Fergie still has actual influence on the side and over Moyes and obviously this would prove them correct. He would essentially be doing the job of a director of football on this deal.
Have to agree. Surely it shows that we need the lure of Sir Alex because David Moyes isn't able to attract the players we're looking at alone.

Sure that's a really black and white view, but I can't paint a picture where Sir Alex having a hand in transfer deals is a good thing for the current manager.

If the United job is too big for one man to be doing now and our CEO (or vice chairman, or whatever he is called) isn't a football man, I don't see the problem or having a sort of director of football. Especially if it's Fergie and it's about doing what the manager wants rather than forcing players on him.

If the United job is too big for one man to be doing now and our CEO (or vice chairman, or whatever he is called) isn't a football man, I don't see the problem or having a sort of director of football. Especially if it's Fergie and it's about doing what the manager wants rather than forcing players on him.
Completely agree with this.

Since when did United fans give two fecks what the media think?

I can't see how anyone could deny it undermines Moyes. One bit of good news in months and, lo and behold, it's SAF wot done it! Thanks Moyes, you can get back to losing us matches now, that's all you're good for.

Moyes needs this win.

I havent read anything to suggest but at a guess I think this is what some will point towards. Fergie's special relationship with Jose and the fact him and Gill met with Roman on Sunday.

Aye, I think there's a lot in it but they're damned if they do and they're damned if they don't. Imagine if they were pig headed enough to try and do it without using Fergie and Gill's special touch. They'd be blasted for it.

At the end of the day, there are no rules to Woodward's job. Being "assisted by your predecessor" isn't any sort of crime or stick to beat him with. Gill is still on board as a Director for that exact reason.

We're yet to make a formal bid yet so this will drag on whatever the situation is.

I just want to know who the sky sources are. If its just ballbag then I'm giving up today and preparing for a deadline day deal for Leon Osman.

Moyes won't be undermined as long as Fergie stays away from the training pitch and allows the manager to stamp his own authority on the squad.

We're yet to make a formal bid yet so this will drag on whatever the situation is.

I just want to know who the sky sources are. If its just ballbag then I'm giving up today and preparing for a deadline day deal for Leon Osman.

Second Golfclap of the day from me.

It all seems to have gone quiet. Surely we aren't low balling on this one?

I can't see how anyone could deny it undermines Moyes. One bit of good news in months and, lo and behold, it's SAF wot done it! Thanks Moyes, you can get back to losing us matches now, that's all you're good for.

Moyes needs this win.

He needs a win that's his, if Fergie is the reason for this deal happening then it will be common knowledge throughout the game, trying to pretend Moyes made it happen if eh didn't wont help him, getting Mata into the team and winning some matches is what will help him.

Do people still think this is funny?

Anyone saying Leon Osman from now on should be banned IMHO!

He needs a win that's his, if Fergie is the reason for this deal happening then it will be common knowledge throughout the game, trying to pretend Moyes made it happen if eh didn't wont help him, getting Mata into the team and winning some matches is what will help him.
That's true. If SAF did it then it will get out there and it is fair enough people know about it. I guess I am saying I hope it turns out SAF had nothing to do with this and Moyes gets the credit for this himself - and deservedly - because he needs it.

Status
Not open for further replies.