Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was, I rate him very highly indeed and think it can give the squad and supporters an Ozil to Arsenal like lift, but I am still not sure why we there is nothing concrete on our most problem area of the pitch. I also dont want this transfer to lead to Rooneys departure. If I had to choose i would take Rooney over Mata.

I also do have concerns on why Jose has discarded him like he has. Thats me just being overly negative though, but it is a strange one.

The only thing that will lead to Rooney's departure is Wayne Rooney wanting to leave.

It would be very clever of Chelsea if this is a ploy just to distract us and they have zero intention on selling to us. :lol:

I wouldn't exactly consider that clever. It'd be a sign of a club lacking any sort of respect or professionalism. Yes all non-United fans would love it but people at other clubs might not be so impressed at Chelsea's conduct on the transfer market.

This won't happen.

No Chelsea fans want it to happen and definitely not to us. They'll probably have banners and chants to that effect against Stoke and Abramovich will pull out of the deal. I know Roman doesn't give a shit about the fans but after what happened with Benitez I really doubt he'd do it again

Not sure they have anything to complain about if Mata left. It is a World Cup year and he's spending it sitting on the bench, despite being the Club's best player for the past two seasons. He either needs to play or leave, and the fact is that for whatever reason Oscar is nailed on as Mourinho's number 10. I think all Chelsea fans have accepted he is going to leave the club and seeing as we're reportedly offering them a huge amount of money the deal seems to make sense.

Of course you also have the possibility that the sale of Mata is to facilitate a transfer for Rooney in the summer - in which case this is a deal that suits both parties.

I wouldn't exactly consider that clever. It'd be a sign of a club lacking any sort of respect or professionalism. Yes all non-United fans would love it but people at other clubs might not be so impressed at Chelsea's conduct on the transfer market.

:lol: Like bollocks would they. You make it sound like each club should get out the red carpet and pull their trousers down when dealing with Manchester United.

While a:

-- Januzaj--Rooney---Mata--
------------Persie----------

Front 4 looks sexy, and will work well at times, I still think it has glaring weaknesses in the sense that we will have no pace going forward, and could also be outmuscled a bit. If Mata comes, if Rooney leaves in the summer I would still like to see a Reus or Draxler come in, someone technical but with good physical attributes too.

I think this is a good point. It does lack pace. We'd definitely need some flyer in the side as well. City have the likes of Silva and Nasri but also Navas. Arsenal have Ozil, Carzola but also Walcott and Gnabry. Chelsea have Oscar, Hazard and Willian. All quick.

If Rooney were to go then Adnan or Mata could move central and a new winger to come in the summer perhaps. Unless Nani comes back into form and fitness.

:lol: Like bollocks would they. You make it sound like each club should get out the red carpet and pull their trousers down when dealing with Manchester United.
To be fair we've been dignified in the market for a while and people should take note.

Come on, that's not what he meant at all. Dealing with another club in such a cnutish way is bound to hurt Chelsea's reputation in the market.

What on earth are you on about? There's a universe sized difference between "getting out the red carpet and pulling their trousers down" and, you know, not actually tricking a club into a fake transfer just to distract them.

Its not like we only work on 1 transfer at a time so its immaterial really.

Under Gill, i'd say you're probably right. Ed... we'll see. Hope so. Important we get a CM lined up for the Summer.

I'm still under the suspicion that this whole story is a load of pipe and won't happen. I've learnt my lesson from being on the Caf for 8 years not to get your hopes up.

Get real. We will do big business in the summer. Now is not the time to buy luxury players.

We have to make Europe next season Kevin, and Mata is not a "luxury," but more so a necessity. Summer signings unfortunately may be too late. What big business are we going to conduct this Summer if we're not playing Champions League next season? It's just far too risky in my eyes, and players like Mata don't come around too often

What on earth are you on about? There's a universe sized difference between "getting out the red carpet and pulling their trousers down" and, you know, not actually tricking a club into a fake transfer just to distract them.

There are more diplomatic ways to do that. We can give chelsea the first option and then spend all our efforts to make him sign a new contract/find a buyer ready to spend ridiculous money for him.

Its not like we only work on 1 transfer at a time so its immaterial really.
Yeah, that sounds familiar. A lot of people said that during the Fábregas saga. Which, coincidentally, only started after Thiago had joined Bayern...

Dignified? We've pissed about plenty of clubs in the past. We our however a charity when it comes to selling our players though. Will give you that one.
I wouldn't call us a charity though, we only sold players under SAF if they were past it and we no longer wanted them, so getting large fees was out of the question. The only player we've sold that we didn't want to in a long time was Ronaldo, who was by far the most expensive transfer ever at the time (although he still somehow turned out to be a bargain).

Under Gill, i'd say you're probably right. Ed might not be as experienced.

I'm still under the suspicion that this whole story is a load of pipe and won't happen. I've learnt my lesson from being on the Caf for 8 years not to get your hopes up.

Naah, Ed might not be as experienced but I doubt he's incompetent enough to only be capable of managing 1 deal at a time. Its not as if he has to be personally involved full time for a deal anyways.

Agree with the last bit though, I've been sucked into such things far too often, not believing this till he signs.

Dignified? We've pissed about plenty of clubs in the past. We our however a charity when it comes to selling our players though. Will give you that one.
We're extremely dignified in the market, not paying large fees to the agent, not paying a lot of money to young players, not speaking about our targets in public etc. We're the ultimate gentlemen of the transfer market.

I hope some kid has prepared a banner for tonight saying "MOYESY PLEASE SIGN MATA"...:drool:

Naah, Ed might not be as experienced but I doubt he's incompetent enough to only be capable of managing 1 deal at a time. Its not as if he has to be personally involved full time for a deal anyways.

Agree with the last bit though, I've been sucked into such things far too often, not believing this till he signs.
You don't realise how much time it takes to prepare a bid. 2 months is minimum.

Heard a rumour on UWS that PSG have offered £45mil for Mata which is expected to go public in next 24 hours.

:lol:

feck.

Yeah, that sounds familiar. A lot of people said that during the Fábregas saga. Which, coincidentally, only started after Thiago had joined Bayern...

Yes and no one ever confirmed us being after Thiago. Moyes never said we were. Thiago said we never contacted him.

Even if it was the case, it would have been understandable at that time considering we could only be in for 1 of them. I dont see how that can be the case with someone like Mata. No one of his quality is available.

I think this is a good point. It does lack pace. We'd definitely need some flyer in the side as well. City have the likes of Silva and Nasri but also Navas. Arsenal have Ozil, Carzola but also Walcott and Gnabry. Chelsea have Oscar, Hazard and Willian. All quick.

If Rooney were to go then Adnan or Mata could move central and a new winger to come in the summer perhaps. Unless Nani comes back into form and fitness.

Indeed. In the summer, I would take a Reus or Lucas Moura, who would add real pace down the side.

You don't realise how much time it takes to prepare a bid. 2 months is minimum.
We have to monitor the player then we test the club's resolve, we leave them time to brace themselves for a bid which we then start preparing.

I wouldn't call us a charity though, we only sold players under SAF if they were past it and we no longer wanted them, so getting large fees was out of the question. The only player we've sold that we didn't want to in a long time was Ronaldo, who was by far the most expensive transfer ever at the time (although he still somehow turned out to be a bargain).

Ronnie was the only player that we got decent money for though Cina. We sell our youngsters for peanuts, we sell our experienced trophy winners for peanuts. We've always been rubbish at this. I can't remember the last time we sold a player for more than what? 8m (discounting Ronnie) probably Veron?

Maybe that had something to do with them playing the same position and us only wanting one of that type of player. It's not exactly concrete evidence more than one deal can't be worked at a time.

There are more diplomatic ways to do that. We can give chelsea the first option and then spend all our efforts to make him sign a new contract/find a buyer ready to spend ridiculous money for him.
That's different though. Clubs getting a first option are well aware nothing is guaranteed in such a case. Negotiating an actual transfer is much more definitive.

Yes and no one ever confirmed us being after Thiago. Moyes never said we were. Thiago said we never contacted him.

Even if it was the case, it would have been understandable at that time considering we could only be in for 1 of them. I dont see how that can be the case with someone like Mata. No one of his quality is available.
My point is that it very much looked like we were working on nobody else while we were running after Fábregas. The De Rossi and Herrera stuff only started after the Fábregas chase was definitely over.

I refuse to believe that we'll get Mata, but it would be a massive step in the right direction. I'd struggle to mention other players in our team, with a top class close control, than Kagawa, Nani and RvP. Perhaps Rooney on his day.

I refused to get involved in this thread for so long but......but......I just couldn't stand it anymore! :mad:

Mata you fecking muppet maker! Just sign it and get on with it

If PSG get him surely they'll have to sell Moura? How's he been doing?

I still think they'd sell Lavezzi over Moura. But if Mata does go to PSG, he'd occupy the Left Wing with Cavani on the Right. Although if the stories are true that we're after Cavani, then perhaps they'd still keep Moura as he can then reclaim the RW once Cavani leaves.

Ronnie was the only player that we got decent money for though Cina. We sell our youngsters for peanuts, we sell our experienced trophy winners for peanuts. We've always been rubbish at this. I can't remember the last time we sold a player for more than what? 8m (discounting Ronnie) probably Veron?
RvN?

Most players we sell are either 30+ or very young and haven't been near our first team though, we don't sell players in their prime. I don't think we're any more of a charity than any other big club, are we? If we were doing what Arsenal have been, and selling Nasri's and Adebayor's in their prime, I'm sure we'd be getting far more money. Thankfully, we don't do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.