Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does he say?

I am in office! What is Graham Hunter saying? Is Hunter with Mata as we discuss? Has Mata been spotted outside OT? Who all are stationed near hospital?

Plenty still to do. United are on standby and believe the deal can be done but its not guaranteed at this moment in time. Player himself keen on United.

They want forty mill, apparently. And we're willing to pay up, apparently. It all comes down him going to Maureen and telling him that he wants out. Apparently. The last bit strikes me as odd, even for Maureen. What's his angle there?

Anyway, I don't think this is bollocks. It could strand, I suppose, on something or other. But it ain't bollocks.

What will the gloom merchants on here make of it if Woody starts bringing in expensive toys en masse? There are rumours we're seriously gunning for others as well.

They want forty mill, apparently. And we're willing to pay up, apparently. It all comes down him going to Maureen and telling him that he wants out. Apparently. The last bit strikes me as odd, even for Maureen. What's his angle there?

Anyway, I don't think this is bollocks. It could strand, I suppose, on something or other. But it ain't bollocks.

What will the gloom merchants on here make of it if Woody starts bringing in expensive toys en masse? There are rumours we're seriously gunning for others as well.

Well if Woodward actually starts doing his job I'll be willing to believe he might not be a massive clown after all...

Considering he's not at all a pace player, we'd probably get a great 5, 6 or so years out of him... worth £40 mil?

Apparently DeBruyne had to do the same thing to force their hand to do the wolfsburg deal

I'm fully committed to this now. I like to leave the thread tab open before I go to bed, that way when I wake up (usually around midday), I can refresh the page to see how many new pages have been created. If it's more than say, 10 pages, I get a little tinge of excitement that something might have actually happened, then slowly work my way through each page with a wonderful sense of anticipation working through my body. This morning I was a little disappointed to only find 6 new pages, but it's partly my own fault for waking early, I'll make sure I don't make that mistake tomorrow.

Considering he's not at all a pace player, we'd probably get a great 5, 6 or so years out of him... worth £40 mil?
I'd say so. As good as Ozil in my opinion and also doesn't disappear in big games like he tends to. In the modern market £40m seems about right. I'll be very impressed if the club actually are willing to pay it. Big sign of intent.

I believe when Moyes gets asked about this deal he will respond with the very short answer "Cocks out Muppets"

This won't happen.

No Chelsea fans want it to happen and definitely not to us. They'll probably have banners and chants to that effect against Stoke and Abramovich will pull out of the deal. I know Roman doesn't give a shit about the fans but after what happened with Benitez I really doubt he'd do it again

Absolutely. I'd actually have him now over Ozil last summer. I know it sounds a tad ridiculous but there you go. Its not because he's better than Ozil, no. But he's more of a goal scorer and as much of a creator and most importantly, fits the PL proven criterion of ours.

Yep, that and the next manager markets are 2 of the bookies most profitable.
Doubtful, I don't think there's much money put on such things as opposed to actual football matches.

While a:

-- Januzaj--Rooney---Mata--
------------Persie----------

Front 4 looks sexy, and will work well at times, I still think it has glaring weaknesses in the sense that we will have no pace going forward, and could also be outmuscled a bit. If Mata comes, if Rooney leaves in the summer I would still like to see a Reus or Draxler come in, someone technical but with good physical attributes too.

This won't happen.

No Chelsea fans want it to happen and definitely not to us. They'll probably have banners and chants to that effect against Stoke and Abramovich will pull out of the deal. I know Roman doesn't give a shit about the fans but after what happened with Benitez I really doubt he'd do it again

Hence why Mourinho wants Mata to tell him that he wants to leave. So he can say Mata asked to leave.

This won't happen.

Chelsea fans have too much in Mourihno to really do that sort of thing.

This won't happen.

Are you sure about that? He's obviously loved at Chelsea for what he's done for 2 seasons but the ones I read are usually on Jose's side saying he was right in benching him. For them Jose seems to be a bigger entity than Mata at the moment and to be fair he has been winning games so his decision cannot be questioned by them either. Point being, there would obviously be disappointment across the fans but I am not that sure if they will all be in arms against the decision, specially as that means that they are actually challenging Jose's call which none of them would do, ever.

I hope you are wumming, otherwise that's obviously very retarded.

Two seasons at Chelsea:

114 games - 51 assists 37 goals
114 games 88 goals scored/created

This is just like the Van Persie situation. He will score and create goals, that is guaranteed. We need goals. It would be an amazing signing.
I was, I rate him very highly indeed and think it can give the squad and supporters an Ozil to Arsenal like lift, but I am still not sure why we there is nothing concrete on our most problem area of the pitch. I also dont want this transfer to lead to Rooneys departure. If I had to choose i would take Rooney over Mata.

I also do have concerns on why Jose has discarded him like he has. Thats me just being overly negative though, but it is a strange one.

If Moyes tonight declines to comment on it if asked I think there's something definitely in this. I hope he doesn't say we're not interested.

This won't happen.

I don't know about that. I think the most important consideration for Roman will be what Maureen wants. He clearly doesn't fancy Mata. The fans will calm down soon enough. They love Maureen, after all. And if they have any sense they'll realize Mata won't play a part under Maureen. Selling him to us is a bit iffy, sure. But we don't pose a threat to their cause in the league - with Mata on board we could even nick points off their main rivals, something Maureen will have considered.

In short, I doubt this will strand on potential uproar from the fans. If they were worried about this they wouldn't have sat down to negotiate to begin with. And it really looks as though they've done just that.

I was, I rate him very highly indeed and think it can give the squad and supporters an Ozil to Arsenal like lift, but I am still not sure why we there is nothing concrete on our most problem area of the pitch. I also dont want this transfer to lead to Rooneys departure. If I had to choose i would take Rooney over Mata.

I also do have concerns on why Jose has discarded him like he has. Thats me just being overly negative though, but it is a strange one.

I think it's the other way around - basically, Moyes realizes that staying at the 6th or 7th best club in the country, with a manager who's shown nothing of note in terms of being worthy of the job, will be too big an ask for Rooney - so he signs Mata while he's got the chance.

I'm fully committed to this now. I like to leave the thread tab open before I go to bed, that way when I wake up (usually around midday), I can refresh the page to see how many new pages have been created. If it's more than say, 10 pages, I get a little tinge of excitement that something might have actually happened, then slowly work my way through each page with a wonderful sense of anticipation working through my body. This morning I was a little disappointed to only find 6 new pages, but it's partly my own fault for waking early, I'll make sure I don't make that mistake tomorrow.
Total respect your way sir!

Are you sure about that? He's obviously loved at Chelsea for what he's done for 2 seasons but the ones I read are usually on Jose's side saying he was right in benching him. For them Jose seems to be a bigger entity than Mata at the moment and to be fair he has been winning games so his decision cannot be questioned by them either. Point being, there would obviously be disappointment across the fans but I am not that sure if they will all be in arms against the decision, specially as that means that they are actually challenging Jose's call which none of them would do, ever.

The fans really seem to love him though and he's been their POTY for 2 seasons running.

But what Bojan11 says makes sense. Ask Mata to say that he wants to leave or put in a transfer request. That way the club is absolved of the blame

Doubtful, I don't think there's much money put on such things as opposed to actual football matches.

Its not doubtful at all. Its a known fact.

Granted the book on this market would be a lot smaller than that of actual football matches. The fact still remains that its a very profitable market. For example before Trap took the Ireland job a few years back there was something like 15 different favourites.

When you see betfair opening more and more markets in this area it tells you its worth their while.

Because we're waiting to sign someone top class rather than be saddled with another average CM? I dont see how we can get a top CM now in Jan.

And if Rooney's made up his mind to leave, the decision will be out of our hands soon. Better to get Mata now and do an agreement with Chelsea to sell Rooney.

Mourinho has made it very clear why Mata doesnt fit. He hugely favors a No 10 that can contribute defensively and puts in a shift. He rates Oscar really high and has come out and said that the team will be built around him. He never ruled out Mata from playing out wide but said it could only happen if Mata dramatically improves his defensive game. Not likely to happen really.

Still not happened? Anyone got the inside scoop? It's days like this I wish Redknapp was in charge, we'd know all about it by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.