Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Telegraph is saying that A Madrid are offering us the first option Costa and Fillipe in exchange for a free run at Mata. They are saying that Moyes has said 'no ta' and 'BTW I am coming for Fillipe anyway after we have signed Mata'.

Sounds like bullshit as they could just offer Costa to Chelsea instead.

Would Mata even want to go to Atletico?

Imagine the outrage if we sign him, then put him on the bench for the next 3 months because he needs to adjust while Young and Valencia play.

Sounds like bullshit as they could just offer Costa to Chelsea instead.

Would Mata even want to go to Atletico?

Why not? They're joint top in La Liga and could potentially win that league, they're a very good side.

When can we start ordering Mata jerseys from the United megastore?

problem for A. Madrid though, Mourinho has stated that he wants the money for Mata to buy more players, he might not be willing to settle for players on offer...he will be thinking tactics as its what he does, it would make more sense for him and chelsea to send Mata to us...

Why not? They're joint top in La Liga and could potentially win that league, they're a very good side.

Because we could potentially pay double as much as Atletico. Atletico are doing fantastically well under Simeone, but they're still a far lesser club than Manchester United.
If rumours are true that Mata is on 60/70k, he might be on double that as soon as he signs for us.

The Telegraph is saying that A Madrid are offering us the first option Costa and Fillipe in exchange for a free run at Mata. They are saying that Moyes has said 'no ta' and 'BTW I am coming for Fillipe anyway after we have signed Mata'.

It is good to see Woody and Moyes swinging their cocks around European elite football. 'We want Mata but you are not having Rooney BTW'.

I have a sneaking feeling that Woody can't actually swing it that much....

Will there be news on this at 11am this morning? 11am is when shit usually goes down is it not?

They all looked in a jovial mood despite the defeat.

Nothing archaic about playing with wingers. The issue is our wingers have just not been in form over the last 2 seasons.
I know. The difference is that teams like Bayern, Barca and Real, City, Arsenal have a lot variety to their attack even when they play with traditional wingers. The kind of wingplay we employ is old fashioned. Our midfielders spread the ball wide to Valencia or Young/Evra who stay wide whilst putting in cross after cross. With players like Mata, Kagawa, Januzaj our attack becomes less predictable. It's not just a matter of Young, Valencia and Nani regaining form and fitness

Moyes will come out and say "United are always interested in top quality players"

The cock tease.

What's this shit about 24 hours? Get it done in the next 4 hours and get him in tonight's starting XI.

Not that I believe this is happening.

What's this shit about 24 hours? Get it done in the next 4 hours and get him in tonight's starting XI.

Not that I believe this is happening.

:lol: Don't players need to be registered 24-48 hours something prior to a game to play?

I dunno, they've got a pretty good team at the moment but for how long?

I think he'd probably see it as a step backwards in the direction he came from, a bit like moving back to Valencia.

If the world cup is as big a factor as I've heard then maybe he'd consider it, but playing well for United would be just as likely to get him into the Spain squad.

Mata will arrive via helicopter within the grounds of Woodys Mansion on transfer deadline day.

His stats last season:
35 games (2727 minutes) - 11 goals, 17 assists.

No brainer.

Absolutely

My primary worry with this deal is the potential of Chelsea getting something thrown in for Rooney. Mourinho came out recently and said that United were extremely reluctant to do business with a domestic rival. It does not really fit his style to then turn around and sell somebody who has real ability to the same domestic rival without a plan in place.

Granted, he may look at this as strengthening his own sides title credentials by improving our own chances against City and Arsenal.... Who knows. I want him here right now though. He is 25 and a seriously good player. Not so long ago people were drooling at the prospect of having him over Rooney.

Absolutely

My primary worry with this deal is the potential of Chelsea getting something thrown in for Rooney. Mourinho came out recently and said that United were extremely reluctant to do business with a domestic rival. It does not really fit his style to then turn around and sell somebody who has real ability to the same domestic rival without a plan in place.

Granted, he may look at this as strengthening his own sides title credentials by improving our own chances against City and Arsenal.... Who knows. I want him here right now though. He is 25 and a seriously good player. Not so long ago people were drooling at the prospect of having him over Rooney.

Perhaps part of the Mata deal is that Chelsea will get Rooney (if rooney decides to go...again) in the summer....

I was almost hoping we'd go this window without any big muppet targets likely to let us down, just get a Cabaye or a Coentrao and move on, but no, we're now heavily linked with one of the best players in the league for a fee we've been completely unwilling to pay for players in the past. Fan-fecking-tastic.

One of the biggest positives if this comes off is him already adapted to the Premiership, which is a massive bonus seeing we need someone immediately as a catalyst for that 4th place.

Our last signing had been in the league for even longer than Mata to be fair. He may or may not hit the ground running.

That Andy Mitten thing. The poster has joined date 2011. When did UWS site went live? Surely Andy Mitten is there from start? I call photoshop. Get back in your huts muppets.

Status
Not open for further replies.