Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might not be the perfect player for the team considering the options we already have in that position, but it'd be a massive signal of intent from the club and there's no doubt Mata is a great player. First time since Berbatov where we might actually 'break the bank' for a player.

I honestly don't give a shit about the fee. Whatever it is, it's peanuts compared to the money we've wasted on having the Glazers around and there should be plenty of money left to address the more important areas of the pitch. The signing of Mata itself would give the whole squad a big lift I reckon, which might be enough to secure a CL spot and by that make it easier to get big names in the summer (and there's still time left in this window!).

This. It's getting to the stage now, after the fiasco of last summer, where united really do have to state they mean business in the transfer market. Obviously I'm not saying that should be the reason to sign him, he's also top quality, but we just can't keep making these enquiries/bids etc without putting our money where our mouth is and succeeding in getting players to sign for United.

After these continuing rumours...if Woodward doesn't sign someone..even as a mark of intent...he should be found and froggmarched through the united doors to begone forever....

This. It's getting to the stage now, after the fiasco of last summer, where united really do have to state they mean business in the transfer market. Obviously I'm not saying that should be the reason to sign him, he's also top quality, but we just can't keep making these enquiries/bids etc without putting our money where our mouth is and succeeding in getting players to sign for United.

After these continuing rumours...if Woodward doesn't sign someone..even as a mark of intent...he should be found and froggmarched through the united doors to begone forever....
Get real. We will do big business in the summer. Now is not the time to buy luxury players.

this has Thiago saga marks all over it.
There is definitely something going on behind the scenes. There were a lot of high ranking United representatives at the game on Sunday, and they were all around late after the game.

If Rooney stays...

--------Rooney
Mata - Kagawa - Januzaj

Is how I would line up. Sorry RVP but that set of players could produce some absolutely sensational football. I think we would start seeing the best out of Kagawa in that setup. The fluidity....the interchanging. It is definitely ***-worthy.

Don't think that front 4 has enough in it to score goals or take chances clinically. Surely RvP has to be in there for one of them?

Don't think that front 4 has enough in it to score goals or take chances clinically. Surely RvP has to be in there for one of them?

Rooney, Januzaj and Mata all have goals in them. Kagawa hasn't shown much goal threat YET but like I said, I suspect that setup would get the best out of him and he scored plenty at Dortmund.

RVP would still get plenty of games regardless, since the other players are so interchangeable that we have plenty of flexibility.

Januzaj wont start week in week out. Hes still very young, and while good enough we don't want to burn him out too soon. By the time januzan gets to the age where he is a regular, rvp will be at the age where he has to sit out.

Also, and this is just a suspicion, but I reckon if we do get Mata he is going to have a serious point to prove, especially with the World Cup coming. With that in mind I would expect him to be right amongst the goals (and assists) with the bit well and truly between his teeth.

Are we going to play him tonight then? Make it happen David.

RvP
Kagawa Rooney Mata
Januzaj, Nani and Valencia as back up. Sell Young.

Kagawa is wasted out wide. I would rather see Rooney on the left and Kagawa central, or just play Januzaj or Nani.

Mata for me falls into the category of players who are too good for us NOT to try to sign, if available. It's not the most urgent position but if we have the opportunity to bring in a player of that calibre we need to try to do it regardless. As has been said, the club needs to put its money where it's mouth is - we have bleated on for years about having money available, now let's prove it and show that we are prepared to so what it takes to repair this side.

The issue is even with Rooney and RVP we lack genuine creativity in the team. Rooney plays as the number 10 and despite his ability to pick a fine pass, I don't rate his creativity at all.

Like I said, we all love to see Adnan picking a slick pass or opening up a defense which Mata excels at and has shown that with incredible consistency. Also, when he did that at Chelsea their CMs were hardly world class either, in fact Carrick alone is much better than what they had and it was Mata who took the responsibility time and again to create chances even if the rest of the team isn't playing that well.

Kagawa is a different type of player, he needs incredible movement around him to excel which we cannot provide, and that is why his best performances come with the likes of Welbeck, Cleverley and Januzaj around him, players who believe in pass and move football.

Mata has a lot more in his locker than being a traditional number 10. He's done really well playing out wide and he will easily be the best crosser in the team if he comes. Moreover he's got the ability to take on players and score, which Kagawa doesn't. He's a lot more versatile than Kagawa.

All he needs is the right tactics and I don't see any reason why he won't be brilliant with us. We need to add fluidity in the game. A front 4 of Mata, Rooney, RVP and Januzaj can provide that and it would bring the best out of them. It is high time we move away from the pumping the ball into the box tactic.
Good post. Spot on.

Kagawa is wasted out wide. I would rather see Rooney on the left and Kagawa central, or just play Januzaj or Nani.

Mata for me falls into the category of players who are too good for us NOT to try to sign, if available. It's not the most urgent position but if we have the opportunity to bring in a player of that calibre we need to try to do it regardless. As has been said, the club needs to put its money where it's mouth is - we have bleated on for years about having money available, now let's prove it and show that we are prepared to so what it takes to repair this side.
We will never play Rooney out wide again. Specially not under Moyes. Kagawa is wasted there, yes, but his only hope of moving infield is when Rooney is injured/sold. Otherwise, naah. :(

this has Thiago saga marks all over it.

Please don't. Even if I fear you are right I just don't wanna hear this. I need to believe Mata's coming. There is so little to look forward to right now. Let me dream...

---------------de gea----------------
rafael----jones-------evans-----evra/coentrao
----------carrick------fletcher--------
----januzaj------rooney----mata-----
---------------van persie-----------

should be good enough to get 4th place imo. just need rvp and rooney back to full fitness and hopefully no more setbacks after this. the front 4 looks menacing enough and we still got the likes of hernandez, welbeck and kagawa to call upon, agree that januzaj because of his age is not going to start every game and one of welbeck and kagawa can cover. we just have to change the way we are playing, valencia and young are not creative and consistent enough for the team anymore.

unfortunately for moyes no top class central midfielder seems to be available this month. carrick-fletcher is okay short term, with the likes of cleverley, fellaini and giggs on the standby. hopefully fellaini somehow can give us a surprise from now on. next summer is the only time for us to get top class players in this area.

i still like the idea of getting coentrao on loan. evra desperately need rests at times, and coentrao is not playing much at real. a loan move look unlikely at this moment, but if this materialize then i believe this 2 signings would provide a massive uplift to the team.

If Mata arrives I reckon Kagawa gets another season. Mata on the left (obviously not as a traditional winger, but as an inside forward with the licence to roam), Kagawa through the middle, Adnan on the right. We will buy a top class CM in the summer (Vidal would be absolutely amazing) and have RvP upfront, with Rooney being sold.

RvP
Mata - Kagawa - Januzaj
Carrick - Vidal​

Rooney has been our best player this season, but this would take us to another level. Of course we will still need a LB, a CB and another winger if we ship out Valencia, Young and maybe even Nani.

If Mata arrives I reckon Kagawa gets another season. Mata on the left, Kagawa through the middle, Adnan on the right. We will buy a top class CM in the summer (Vidal would be absolutely amazing) and have RvP upfront, with Rooney being sold.

RvP
Mata - Kagawa - Januzaj
Carrick - Vidal​

Rooney has been our best player this season, but this would take us to another level. Of course we will still need a LB, a CB and another winger if we ship out Valencia, Young and maybe even Nani.
Alright. Calm down now, mate.

Just think................Juan will probably be in Jose's office right now telling the special one what a massive twat he is and that it is now time for Juan Mata to be moved to a true European giant. Jose will grab Mata by the arm as he leaves the office and will say 'I will only sanction this move if you whisper some good words in to Woody's ear about me, you are not the only one wanting to escape this vapid hellhole for that glorious northern club you know'.

This move is important on and off the pitch IMO. Mata will give some variety to our attack and I am positive that our goal output will improve with him in the team. Off the pitch, it says that the empire will strike back.

This wouldn't send the same signal as it would have in the Summer or a year ago though in terms of club's PR - we'd effectively be signing a player who isn't wanted at Chelsea for a club record fee.

It'd still be a great buy though, much like Ozil who wasn't wanted at Madrid either.

He will be a great signing. We lack creativity we need someone who can split defences and has great delivery from setpieces and crosses. Mata's that guy. Mata playing week in week out with confidence will also score 15-20 goals a season. RVP and Rooney upfront with proper service are just as good Negredo and Aguero. With him Kagawa and Januzaj we can finally start moving away from the archaic wingplay

ddg

rafa jones smalling evra

valencia carrick fletcher young

rooney rvp

lindegaard, vidic, evans, cleverley, mata, kagawa, welbeck

:drool:

I know that Woodie, Fergie and Gill where there. So only Gill would have been a surprise addition.
They all looked in a jovial mood despite the defeat.
He will be a great signing. We lack creativity we need someone who can split defences and has great delivery from setpieces and crosses. Mata's that guy. Mata playing week in week out with confidence will also score 15-20 goals a season. RVP and Rooney upfront with proper service are just as good Negredo and Aguero. With him Kagawa and Januzaj we can finally start moving away from the archaic wingplay
Nothing archaic about playing with wingers. The issue is our wingers have just not been in form over the last 2 seasons.

This has moved on about 15 pages since last night. Has anything progressed since Ballague stuck his oar in?

Was just going to ask the same, can't be arsed trawling through everything that's been said since I left work yesterday - what's prompted the explosion of apparent optimism?

BxdRM6a.jpg

Apparently that was posted by Andy Mitten.

Just listening to talk sport now, other teams are also interested in Mata...but they reckon we are likely to get him due to us having already played Chelsea twice. The tactical decision would be to send him to us to take points off the others.

Dont think there is anything wrong with a bit of optimism...just bloody pay it!!

I take it there has been more than Twitter rumblings? What have I missed? Any bid preparations? :drool:

We are possibly preparing Juan bid because it Mata's a lot to us should we be able to sign this fella.

The Telegraph is saying that A Madrid are offering us the first option Costa and Fillipe in exchange for a free run at Mata. They are saying that Moyes has said 'no ta' and 'BTW I am coming for Fillipe anyway after we have signed Mata'.

It is good to see Woody and Moyes swinging their cocks around European elite football. 'We want Mata but you are not having Rooney BTW'.

Status
Not open for further replies.