Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have. You thinking because we have Valencia, Young and Nani that we shouldn't sign Mata. :lol:

We been crying out for creativity for a long time. And Mata would give our strikers that.

Where have i said that i dont want mata? Re read my post. I am just against hoarding players just for the sake of it. Our team has a stellar forward line and weak midfield. Where did this strategy got us to?

Some fairly heavyweight publications/broadcasters are reporting this. Can't put my finger on why, but this seems like it's on.

Perhaps it is all a bit too sudden.

The similarities with the RVP move are uncanny. Almost all exact same things were said back then. "We don't need him." "We should spend in other areas." "Arsenal will not sell their best player to us." And all.

Not saying the outcome would be the same, but feck me I am excited as feck. :D

Perhaps it is all a bit too sudden.

The similarities with the RVP move are uncanny. Almost all exact same things were said back then. "We don't need him." "We should spend in other areas." "Arsenal will not sell their best player to us." And all.

Not saying the outcome would be the same, but feck me I am excited as feck. :D

Anyone saying that should take a quick look at how many goals he's scored and created since coming to England.

Seems that some people don't want us to sign Mata because they want the money spent on a midfielder. There's reports that Moyes has a hell of a lot of money to spend, why not get Mata and a midfielder?

So let's not improve it by bringing in players better than we already have, great logic ! Please tell me who in our current squad is going to keep Mata on the bench and then explain the reason you would be so attached to the £30-40m that would otherwise line a rich yanks pocket. Strength in depth won that squad the treble, balanced strong, match fit, Nicky Butt was a force that night in Barcelona.

Just disagreeing with you makes any point right by default.

What i am saying is lets get the quality players we need. I am in favor of signing mata as hell improve our creativity spark. However if after securing rooney we go out and spent let say 50m on cavani then that would be stupid

Where have i said that i dont want mata? Re read my post. I am just against hoarding players just for the sake of it. Our team has a stellar forward line and weak midfield. Where did this strategy got us to?

Signing players that are better than what we got is not hoarding players for the sake of it. In our current team, we only have two world class player.

I've asked you who we got better than Mata.

Seems that some people don't want us to sign Mata because they want the money spent on a midfielder. There's reports that Moyes has a hell of a lot of money to spend, why not get Mata and a midfielder?

Exactly.

Plus like I said earlier. Not many world CMs available in January. I'd rather not sign more average.

Signing players that are better than what we got is not hoarding players for the sake of it. In our current team, we only have two world class player.

I've asked you who we got better than Mata.

And both are upfront. Adding another quality striker to the team is stupid

Wouldn't have wanted Mata at the beginning of this season but our winger have somehow managed to be even worse than last season so you can no longer call it just a dip in form. 37m on Mata is excellent value. The CM situation can wait till the summer

Im attacking the concept of buying quality players just because they are available. Mata is a separate issue

I think you've taken it a bit too literally. We're not really going to go out and buy 21 top goalkeepers just because they're up for sale. But I think you probably knew that and are being deliberately obtuse, not for the first time

The concept completely depends on the player in question that is available and what he will add to the team.

In my opinion we should get the players we need. I am in favor of mata because we need him and not because he is available

There are people actually against signing Mata...da fuk!

If we are to believe the publications, Mr Moyes has buckets of money avaliable to invest. Gonna be very hard to steal playets from Dortmund (in January)when they will be wanted for the CL.

We need a desperate surge of quality. Mata is available and can provide the desired quality. Signing him is a bad thing because...?

I think you've taken it a bit too literally. We're not really going to go out and buy 21 top goalkeepers just because they're up for sale. But I think you probably knew that and are being deliberately obtuse, not for the first time

I am not being obtuse. I am only criticizing a strategy which has been used for the past years. For example we would have been better off if instead of kagawa and rvp we brought 2 quality cm and kept rooney

I am not being obtuse. I am only criticizing a strategy which has been used for the past years. For example we would have been better off if instead of kagawa and rvp we brought 2 quality cm and kept rooney

You do realize we won the league last year, right?

His quality and technique will stand out a mile in our side. It'll give us an RVP sized lift.

You do realize we won the league last year, right?

Rvp was not the cure but tackled the side effects. Instead of improving the creativity spark we simply brought a lethal striker capable of taking the most out of the little we provided

Hasn't he played on the right for spells at Chelsea?

He's a bit different to the more dynamic attacking players we've been after in recent seasons (hazard, sanchez, moura) but he's got such quality on the ball I'm not too worried. He also has a better record in the biggest games, or at least he's always played well against us both home and away

Some fairly heavyweight publications/broadcasters are reporting this. Can't put my finger on why, but this seems like it's on.
They have to run with the story even if it's speculative. It's pretty easy to make reasons up if the deal doesn't happen.

Might not be the perfect player for the team considering the options we already have in that position, but it'd be a massive signal of intent from the club and there's no doubt Mata is a great player. First time since Berbatov where we might actually 'break the bank' for a player.

I honestly don't give a shit about the fee. Whatever it is, it's peanuts compared to the money we've wasted on having the Glazers around and there should be plenty of money left to address the more important areas of the pitch. The signing of Mata itself would give the whole squad a big lift I reckon, which might be enough to secure a CL spot and by that make it easier to get big names in the summer (and there's still time left in this window!).

The Andy Mitten bit about us concluding the deal in the next 24 hours, is that reliable? Who is Andy Mitten by the way and how does he know this other than being a United fanzone sort of reporter?

Rvp was not the cure but tackled the side effects. Instead of improving the creativity spark we simply brought a lethal striker capable of taking the most out of the little we provided

Do you not think Mata will help with creativity spark?

We could have rid of Young and Valencia, keep Nani we can then play a conventional 4-4-2 with Januzaj, to give us real options should we need.

I have gone full muppet on this, the wife is hiding the rope in case it goes tits up. It's had me awake since 5am trawling the web for even the merest hint it's on.[/quote]
Same. :D the first thing I did when I got up in the morning was check Redcafe and the news. I am currently on muppet mode, but still holding myself after Thiago and Sneijder debacles. :nervous:

Having said that, i don't think a deal will be done today after all? We have a cup semi-final match tonight and all negotiations will go on tomorrow and Friday instead to avoid any distraction if any?

Losing Champions League will cost
I agree with Gary Neville. Mata doesn't fit our needs. Like Kagawa he drifts inside and doesn't defend well enough for the big matches.

Unless...unless we want some insurance should Rooney fail to sign a new contract in the summer.

No he doesn't. But he can win us those matches which aren't considered big. You know the WBA, Southampton, Everton, Newcastle, Cardiff - the ones we didn't win!

If Rooney stays...

--------Rooney
Mata - Kagawa - Januzaj

Is how I would line up. Sorry RVP but that set of players could produce some absolutely sensational football. I think we would start seeing the best out of Kagawa in that setup. The fluidity....the interchanging. It is definitely ***-worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.