Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of smoke here, no fire yet. I do think this might go through though. Could be a massive signing for you guys. He's better than anyone in your team in the advanced midfielder role. Probably better than anyone you've had for a fair while now.

If he can help achieve a Champions League place that should prove money well spent.

Lots of smoke here, no fire yet. I do think this might go through though. Could be a massive signing for you guys. He's better than anyone in your team in the advanced midfielder role. Probably better than anyone you've had for a fair while now.
Rooney, and I'd say Adnan is not that far of being a better player in an advance role.

Rooney, and I'd say Adnan is not that far of being a better player in an advance role.

Tricky to compare, I find them quite different even though they play around the same areas. Mata's more creative and can take the responsibility of coming up with individual skill when needed which Rooney has lacked in last couple of years but Rooney is obviously more effective inside the box. Both can work well together as Mata can easily assume a wide position.

This would be the worst signing ever. 40-50 million for a CM would allow us to buy the best and most expensive CM in history. We would then be able to buy one that perfectly suits whatever style he hopes to play - Mata will need the same style change as Kagawa.

We can't play RVP/Rooney/Mata so one would have to go and RVP is too old to bring in any money if we sell him. Hopefully that would be RVP considering his age, if not it is a huge loss as we need to replace RVP in the near future.

This would be the worst signing ever. 40-50 million for a CM would allow us to buy the best and most expensive CM in history. We would then be able to buy one that perfectly suits whatever style he hopes to play - Mata will need the same style change as Kagawa.
A style change that is required anyways, moreso then any player. It really doesn't matter who we bring in, unless we change our style and formation, we won't be a top team. A style change is a must because nobody we bring in will be able to make that big of a difference playing in a flat formation just crossing it in at every opportunity. It'd be a great signing for 37m. Anyways, what world class midfielder other then Gundogan is there a chance to get? None are going to come until the summer, unless we go for slightly cheaper and not as good but potentially very good options.

On a side note, I really don't understand some of you. Every single game, we rightly complain how shit we are to watch, how slow we play, and how we need to adapt to a more modern style, yet when we finally get linked with top players suited to a more modern approach, some of you are against it because he doesn't suit us? How are we going to adapt if we keep buying out and out wingers like Valencia who will force us to play one way. Players like Mata are the way forward.

4th place is more important, We meet any of the big boys in the Champions league we will be spanked anyway
I don't think we'll be in the cups much longer though. Already out of FA Cup, Semi finals in the Carling cup tomorrow where he definitely can't play and Champions League, well...
C'mon. We were debating that back when we were about to "sign" Coentrao.

Yes, I know 4th place is important (very!), but we can't just ignore CL as well. Till whatever round we progress in the CL, will only be good for Moyes/squad.

We can't play RVP/Rooney/Mata so one would have to go and RVP is too old to bring in any money if we sell him. Hopefully that would be RVP considering his age, if not it is a huge loss as we need to replace RVP in the near future.

I think we may see a change in the 4-4-2 we are playing.

A style change that is required anyways, moreso then any player. It really doesn't matter who we bring in, unless we change our style and formation, we won't be a top team. A style change is a must because nobody we bring in will be able to make that big of a difference playing in a flat formation just crossing it in at every opportunity. It'd be a great signing for 37m. Anyways, what world class midfielder other then Gundogan is there a chance to get? None are going to come until the summer, unless we go for slightly cheaper and not as good but potentially very good options.

I don't disagree at all that is basically my point. We have Kagawa already who would love it in that style change and Januzaj has shown he works wonders with Kagawa.

The main problem in our team is Rooney/RVP both only accepting to play as strikers/second strikers. Mata won't solve anything at all, a CM for 40 m certainly would change a lot as that is enough money to buy any CM's pretty much.

I don't think the skill level between Kagawa and Mata is as vast as the skill level between Jones/Fletcher/Fellaini and the best CM's in the world.

I've been on the edge of full-blown muppetry before, never to this extent. I'll finish this night shift, and if it's not confirmed by the time I wake up, I'll cry myself back to sleep.

I don't disagree at all that is basically my point. We have Kagawa already who would love it in that style change and Januzaj has shown he works wonders with Kagawa.

The main problem in our team is Rooney/RVP both only accepting to play as strikers/second strikers. Mata won't solve anything at all, a CM for 40 m certainly would change a lot as that is enough money to buy any CM's pretty much.

I don't think the skill level between Kagawa and Mata is as vast as the skill level between Jones/Fletcher/Fellaini and the best CM's in the world.

Mata would walk into our team, RVP up top with Rooney centrally behind (in Kagawas position) with Januzaj and Juan either side is a fearsome attacking front four. Allows us the needed formation change whilst still having the personnel to revert, Rooney is a must play in the hole and had Kagawa proven he can cut it, like Juan can from an outside position then your point would be valid but as it stands we're the poorest goal getters around the top six. We have enough strength, depth and energy in midfield behind those 3 to limp to the summer in the top four (if) we start putting goals in the net.

Mata will be an incredible signing. It'll mean we'll have finally someone very good to play at the left. Plus he's magic.

Mata would walk into our team, RVP up top with Rooney centrally behind (in Kagawas position) with Januzaj and Juan either side is a fearsome attacking front four. Allows us the needed formation change whilst still having the personnel to revert, Rooney is a must play in the hole and had Kagawa proven he can cut it, like Juan can from an outside position then your point would be valid but as it stands we're the poorest goal getters around the top six. We have enough strength, depth and energy in midfield behind those 3 to limp to the summer in the top four (if) we start putting goals in the net.

Mata isn't very inspiring from out wide which is why he is being sold. He hasn't been able to adjust to playing out wide.

Mata isn't very inspiring from out wide which is why he is being sold. He hasn't been able to adjust to playing out wide.

Must be the worst transfer idea in history, like Chelsea buying Kagawa from us with the reasoning to play him out wide next to Oscar.

Did you watch him last season? Had no problem playing out wide with Oscar playing centrally.

I don't get where this sudden embarrassment of riches in the middle has come from where Mata is automatically assumed to be designated a role out wide.

I don't see why people are negative about this potential signing. Would you rather continue to have Valencia and Young in the lineup?

Status
Not open for further replies.