Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would the resident Chelsea fans think about this if the deal went through?

It's a strange one. I've got very mixed feelings probably due to how likeable Mata is. He deserves to play every week. He's absolutely class, however I trust Mourinho to know what he is doing. I can't see any proper benefit in selling to United though. I'd be sad to see him go but happy he would be playing every week.
I'm hoping that United are being strung along and on 31st of January We release a statement saying we don't sell to rivals.

I also do not want Rooney at all.

Left back as well, please. If we're letting Fabio go on loan to Freiburg, then there has to be at least one LB coming in.

Left back as well, please. If we're letting Fabio go on loan to Freiburg, then there has to be at least one LB coming in.

Not really, Fabio wasn't getting game time anyway and Buttner is still here.

BeiqAZdIAAANhLP.jpg

In the video, he shakes hands with Gill and Ferguson with Woodward walking up at the tail end for a handshake.

I don't care whose hand he shook first or any petty bullshit like that. There's only a handful of you on here that could turn this potential deal into a negative.

I bet if it doesn't come off you'll blame Woodward. At the end of the day, if he's got resources available to him (Fergie and Gill) that can help get the deal done then why not use them?

Just had a quick look at The Shed End's Mata thread, a lot of "anyone but United" comments in there. Why exactly?
Because they are such a plastic club they haven't had time to form true rivals, so somehow they think we fit that gap.

There's talk about more money to be spent before the deadline, people like Cabaye.

I hate talk. Let's get this deal done, eh? PLEASE.

Just had a quick look at The Shed End's Mata thread, a lot of "anyone but United" comments in there. Why exactly?

Because we're down and they'd rather we were out. Signing Mata would be an indicator that we're looking to rebuild with top quality.

Reading the Shed End thread on him and speaking to the many Chelsea fans I know, they'd all be so upset and angry if they sold Mata to us even though they all think he deserves to be playing week in week out at a club. This makes me question whether Jose will go against the supporter's feelings like that. My cock is back in.

Reading the Shed End thread on him and speaking to the many Chelsea fans I know, they'd all be so upset and angry if they sold Mata to us even though they all think he deserves to be playing week in week out at a club. This makes me question whether Jose will go against the supporter's feelings like that. My cock is back in.
Don't give Mourinho gives a flying feck about what fan's on the internet think. Besides, the fan's trust him.

I'm hoping that United are being strung along and on 31st of January We release a statement saying we don't sell to rivals.
Still got a horrible feeling something exactly along those lines is going to happen :nervous:

I really can't understand the people who say 'this isn't the signing we need' - 'he doesn't fix our problems'.

I don't think there's one player in the world who could solve our 'problems', but Mata goes a good way to doing it.

Yes, we need a world class midfielder - I agree, we all do, everybody fecking knows it. However, teams who can create from elsewhere can definitely place less importance on their midfield. Chelsea's defensive midfielders aren't of great standard but the players infront of them can make things happen so they don't need to.

He can carry the ball, keep it in tight spaces and both create and score. In terms of contribution he is as good as anybody.

Rvp, Rooney, Mata, Kagawa, Januzaj. Does that not scare the shit out of you if you're an opposition fan? Granted we are weak in other areas but we will inevitably fix those as well in the summer.

I don't think it does. Fans don't rate our players like we do, and I don't think that fans are ever 'scared' of playing United. Fans are usually up for it, they might not expect anything but even then they'd attribute it to refs favours, luck or if we're fortunate - efficiency. Plus, Januzaj is too young and Kagawa hasn't really showed anything to scare fans this season unfortunately.

I think it's more for a hatred of United and United fans. They are hoping to see United fall away and no longer challenge so for them to give us who they probably believe is their best player (definitely one of) would annoy them somewhat in the short term.

Mourinho can do whatever the feck he wants at Chelsea though pretty much. United aren't going to win the title this season, the fans will have forgotten all about this next season.

What's the latest then?
It's been reported that United and Chelsea are deep in negotiations. Chelsea are willing to sell. Mourinho will allegedly only sell if Mata confirms his desire to leave. Apparently senior figures within United are confident it'll be a done deal in the next twenty-four hours.

Not really, Fabio wasn't getting game time anyway and Buttner is still here.
Büttner is not an able replacement for Evra (who himself has been a level below his usual standard lately). He has been responsible for us conceding a goal pretty much every time he's been on the pitch.

It's been reported that United and Chelsea are deep in negotiations. Chelsea are willing to sell. Mourinho will allegedly only sell if Mata confirms his desire to leave. Apparently senior figures within United are confident it'll be a done deal in the next twenty-four hours.
Shit, you've got my muppet juices flowing :drool:

Creativity has been as big a problem this season as anything else in midfield, so Mata in for whichever position Valencia or Young takes up most weeks would be a great improvement, no matter what else we need. If nothing else, it means teams can't just shut down one flank of our pitch and effectively neutralise us as an attacking threat. Hope it happens but won't be devastated if it doesn't, much like the van Persie signing, so long as that's the calibre of player we bring in over the summer in all the positions we lack in.

Did you actually just make that up. Very Convincing. Muppet's dream you are...

I can't believe this has me on Redcafe at 3am on a wednesday morning...

Thiago was just infatuation, but this? This is love.

Rvp, Rooney, Mata, Kagawa, Januzaj. Does that not scare the shit out of you if you're an opposition fan? Granted we are weak in other areas but we will inevitably fix those as well in the summer.

Lots of guile but we still need to get the ball to them. But as the Chelski match showed, we are horrible at organising defences.

Pros and cons about the likelyhood of this deal

Pro's:
+Mata needs regular first team football if he wants to break into the world cup squad, he can't get that at Chelsea. He might lose his place to players like Koke, Pedro and Costa if he doesn't get time
+40 million pounds goes some small way towards FFP for Chelea
+We aren't contenders for the league this season, we can't face Chelsea in any competition and use Mata against them this season

Cons:
-Mata will miss out on the opportunity of winning the league this season. A league title is something that's missing from his impressive medal collection
-Chelsea were completely rejected when it came to us selling Rooney, will they want to deal with us?
-Chelsea fans will be infuriated, Mourinho doesn't want something like this derailing his title challenge
-PSG and other clubs can offer more and are abroad, more importantly to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.