Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where would he even play? Right wing? Did he play there for Chelsea?

Wait so this could actually seriously be happening? Dismissed it as just the press for ages, but is there real legs to this?

What's clear is Chelsea are willing to sell, Mata wants to leave and that United are interested. Still a long way to go though. I suspect Chelsea will want more money that United are prepared to pay though.

Where would he even play? Right wing? Did he play there for Chelsea?

If we did get him this season he'd play wide IMO whilst Rooney occupies the #10. Then when Rooney moves on he could shift inside.

If we did get him this season he'd play wide IMO whilst Rooney occupies the #10. Then when Rooney moves on he could shift inside.

I just hope it wouldn't be wide like an orthadox winger, would be an utter waste.

feck, I've gone all muppetry, retreat!!

We knew nothing of this yesterday, if as is reported this is done tomorrow then you have to say fair fecks to whoever's in charge (Woodward?). Big if though.

That's dependent on both Rooney and Van Persie being fit, of course, something that hasn't been an altogether frequent occurrence this season. So I think he'd get game time in the 10 role too.

Either way though, it would be an instant (and sizeable) boost in the quality of the first team. Trying to remind myself that this is very unlikely...

Probably safe to say we're interested and we're going to make a bid. Also probably safe to say Chelsea will sell if they get a good enough offer.

I'd guess it comes down to what we're willing to pay. It'll take a big offer, no doubt. If we undervalue him in the way we did Cesc we have no chance, especially as this window is so short.

If we sign him I'll eat my own shit.

(I said the same when there was twitter rumours about RVP)

Don't see this getting done in such a short amount of time. It's a big deal for both clubs.

That's the only way this mqkes sense to me. I really, really don't want to see Mata in a United shirt.

interestingly, when Mata signed for us the number 10 shirt was vacated for him (benayoun gave it up) as it's been his lucky shirt number since he was a kid. Who is your number 10 again?
We have a number 7 shirt available here. And that has a better stature than a 10 shirt at our club.

A positive that I think a lot don't realise, is that he is still only 25. A player who should be coming into his prime age-wise.

I know I'm about 20 pages late, but that ESPN article linking us with Mata and Vidal! :drool:

I know it's more than likely bullshit, but as has been said, the fact that we're even looking at a player like Vidal is a good sign. I don't think there is a chance we'll get him this month, but I'm increasingly optimistic in us signing him in the summer! But this could be me in muppet mode.

I'm also becoming increasingly optimistic about this Mata deal. Would be a great signing. Whether he's the signing we need or not is not the issue. If we have the money, so if signing him will not affect our ability to sign a top class midfielder whenever one becomes available, then we must get the Mata deal done if at all possible.

He could take number 7, 8, or 9 really.

For all we know the two clubs have been negotiating for two weeks, Chelsea were never gonna sell to us before we played them.

Doubt it. There would have been much more press covering it. It's nigh on impossible to keep that size of a story quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.