Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt it. There would have been much more press covering it. It's nigh on impossible to keep that size of a story quiet.
And apparently it's only recently the club have changed their tune in terms of how they respond to rumours.

What I find interesting is that this would be a complete departure from the previous regime's (supposed) policy of not buying players in their prime for big money, post-Berbatov. Broke it first with Van Persie of course, but this is going even further.

I'm so bloody slow...I should've realised how suggestive it was that SAF, Gill and Woodward happened to attend the match at the Bridge all at once.

"as Atletico Madrid tempt Moyes with Filipe Luis and Diego Costa"

You're kidding, right?

"I see you're taking one of the EPL's top players, would you like one of the current top strikers in the world to complete your order?"
Sadly it's more "I see you're trying to take our prime transfer target, please don't, have our left-back instead".

"as Atletico Madrid tempt Moyes with Filipe Luis and Diego Costa"

You're kidding, right?

"I see you're taking one of the EPL's top players, would you like one of the current top strikers in the world to complete your order?"
I think it's more a case of Atletico being big admirers of Mata, so they are using Costa and Felipe as potential leverage against us signing Mata. Some shit like that.

Woodward is new in the job.

Gill has still a role at the club.

I don't see any problem why they shouldn't help Moyes and Woodward in their new jobs.

It was said early on that they will be staying on in advisory roles to help both of them settle into their jobs.

That's not what he said at all. He said we'd have to change style, he never said it was a bad thing (I'd regard it as a good thing).

Yup. I noticed. Makes sense too.

First we need a manager to change and experiment with formations. Secondly we lack players in other areas to support it too. I don't think we would have a effective 4-2-3-1 with Carrick and Fletcher. Carrick is on his last legs and not sure how effective Fletcher's recovery is on the long run. We need defenders and midfielders who have a high(er) workrate and ability to get the ball back forward quick to facilitate a rapid counter. Not that sure, but somwhow a Januzaj - Kagawa - Mata three behind a striker looks talented, but a little light weight!

I would still prefer we spend on a DM or B2B CM, as we need them more that we need Mata now!

Pull this off and it's the Ozil effect. Too late for league, but game on for fourth! Please don't let this be bollocks.

For all we know the two clubs have been negotiating for two weeks, Chelsea were never gonna sell to us before we played them.
I understand that we have know idea at what stage they are possibly at and when contact was made but I still think a lot of this deal depends on where we finish, who Chelsea can sign, personal terms etc. It's a very complex situation.

Yup. I noticed. Makes sense too.

First we need a manager to change and experiment with formations. Secondly we lack players in other areas to support it too. I don't think we would have a effective 4-2-3-1 with Carrick and Fletcher. Carrick is on his last legs and not sure how effective Fletcher's recovery is on the long run. We need defenders and midfielders who have a high(er) workrate and ability to get the ball back forward quick to facilitate a rapid counter. Not that sure, but somwhow a Januzaj - Kagawa - Mata three behind a striker looks talented, but a little light weight!

I would still prefer we spend on a DM or B2B CM, as we need them more that we need Mata now!
But Mata is a first step......massive step........Mata is world-class.........Young and Valencia are Stoke quality.

We don't get the Vidal's or Gündogan's or Modric's in January because they're playing for their clubs (I know Gündogan is injured)

Mata is a bench player

Amazing how quickly this has snowballed! I was sceptical at first but the rumours are getting harder and harder to ignore. I'm hoping for some long awaited positive news in 2014 for us.

Mata is genuine class, going to waste at Chelsea. He would give us the option to play a less predictable system and produce some real quality wherever he is on the pitch. If we're gonna get this done, better make it quick. We desperately need a boost from something.

Don't like hearing anything involving Rooney going the other way though. We'd better kill that dead in it's tracks.

Amazing how quickly this has snowballed! I was sceptical at first but the rumours are getting harder and harder to ignore. I'm hoping for some long awaited positive news in 2014 for us.

Mata is genuine class, going to waste at Chelsea. He would give us the option to play a less predictable system and produce some real quality wherever he is on the pitch. If we're gonna get this done, better make it quick. We desperately need a boost from something.

Don't like hearing anything involving Rooney going the other way though. We'd better kill that dead in it's tracks.

He will be more valuable to us than Rooney.

We need a more creative number 10 and Rooney is preventing us from doing that.

Feck Diego Costa and feck Filipe fecking Luis whoever the feck they are! If Mata is available for real, buy him! End of story.

Filipe is class. Would be a very good left back for us. Should sign Mata and then sign Filipe too.

I hope to feck this also means that we are prepared to continue spending big and get out of the mess were in. 2/3 more 30-40m deals in the summer would be great.

Mata was unbelievable last season and even playing off the right I reckon we'd see a marked improvement in play. Might help our other players with more variation like Januzaj and Kagawa with a bit more interchange rather than Valencia just standing on the line for 90 minutes.

The "average" (in more ways than one) team we have seen this season:

DDG

Smalling - Evans - Vidic - Evra

Valencia - Carrick - Cleverley - Young

Rooney
Welbeck​

Compared to what we could see finishing the season:

DDG

Rafael - Smalling - Evans - Evra

Fletcher - Carrick

Mata - Rooney - Januzaj

RVP

:drool:

There's photographic proof of woody meeting Chelsea officials. The guy takes credit for this if it happens.

BeiqAZdIAAANhLP.jpg

In the video, he shakes hands with Gill and Ferguson with Woodward walking up at the tail end for a handshake.

Imagine what you'd think if I told you two years ago we'd sign Chelsea's and Arsenal's player of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.