Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not 100% convinced yet, but the thought of us actually having a player of Mata's quality taking our free kicks is wonderful. De Gea will be glad that he'll only have to attempt to save them in training. :lol:

I'm not 100% convinced yet, but the thought of us actually having a player of Mata's quality taking our free kicks is wonderful. De Gea will be glad that he'll only have to attempt to save them in training. :lol:

Of all the skills he would bring to the table you're most excited about his free kicks!? :)

They are pretty tasty though.

Yet more good news* from the Chelsea forum!:

A Chelsea Person said:
Guillem Balague gets things wrong BUT he seems to be very well connected to Juan Mata's camp. When we signed him he was practically the only journalist who knew it was going to happen in advance. I remember him tweeting that Juan had passed his medical and signed a contract hours before the deal was officially announced

*Not actually news.

He would be an excellent signing because he'd unlock defenses from wide areas, something we're lacking badly.

However, I'm not getting sucked into this yet.

Of all the skills he would bring to the table you're most excited about his free kicks!? :)

They are pretty tasty though.

I'm not most excited about his free kicks, but I was just thinking that it'll be nice to have that fear factor back when we're taking them in dangerous areas. Rooney has improved, but Mata is even better at them.

Yet more good news* from the Chelsea forum!:

*Not actually news.

You're revealing your Muppet ways here Steve! Scouring the Chelsea forum's for scraps of information! A mere mortal after all!

Pexbo said:
You're revealing your Muppet ways here Steve! Scouring the Chelsea forum's for scraps of information! A mere mortal after all!

Noooooooooooo. My source just happens to be someone I've never met or spoken to, who posts on a Chelsea forum!

At this moment in time, I don't care if he's not the central midfielder we all want and need.

Mata oozes quality and if the interest is real, we shouldn't pass up on this opportunity to sign a genuinely world class player.

Let's hope we get some good news tomorrow.

I wonder if we're trying to sign him before the semi-final, to lift the fans?
We would definitely want it done before the next set of PL fixtures, simply as a boost to both players and fans.

I wonder if we're trying to sign him before the semi-final, to lift the fans?
Good job it isn't JT then. Could you imagine...he would get the full kit on come the final whistle if we won.

We would definitely want it done before the next set of PL fixtures, simply as a boost to both players and fans.

Is it not FA cup this weekend?. If so wouldn't any transfer be done by the next PL games as the deadline would be passed?

Gary Neville is talking cack. Players like Mata dont become available very often and when they do we should be in for them.

Yes, we have other areas to strengthen too, I didnt say he should be the only signing.

Personally, i'd sign Mata, Carvalho and Cabaye (unless we can magically sign Vidal)

Id swap Rafael for Contreao (but send them Fabio..)
:lol: That would have worked with Calderón still in charge.

Decided to start getting excited about this one now and watched a YouTube.

His movement and delivery from the right should have been making me excited but it's just making me think painfully about what we've been dealing with out the with Valencia.

If we sign him, I want him on the right cutting in. None of that "hug the line" bullshit. Let him play his game there. Having him on one wing and Januzaj on the other will give us such a balance threat wise, it'll make us dangerous again.

BxdRM6a.jpg

Is it not FA cup this weekend?. If so wouldn't any transfer be done by the next PL games as the deadline would be passed?
Is it? Didn't know that. All I want is a peaceful deadline day with all our deals done.

It's fecking happening lads, feck me. Good man, Andy Mitten. What forum is that? Can I join? I won't blab...

I agree if he's available for 37 million we should buy him. It's a lot of money, but I'm not convinced it'd be looking a lot of money if Jose had of been playing him. He's at a good age and would be a boost to the club.
That's the crux of it all, isn't it? People are underrating him at the moment because Mourinho (for whichever stupid reason) doesn't rate him.

I personally would love this deal to happen because Mata is too good a player to be rotting on the bench. Mourinho is about to make a foolish mistake IMO.

Last edited:
That's the crux of it, isn't it? People are underrating him at the moment because Mourinho (for whichever stupid reason) doesn't rate him.

I personally would love this deal to happen because Mata is too good a player to be rotting on the bench. Mourinho is about to make a foolish mistake IMO.

Thought that about Modric constantly since his move to Real. He's getting more game time this season?

RVP, Januzaj and Mata are all left footed. That would make a change from Young and Valencia who have 4 right feet between them.

Wait so this could actually seriously be happening? Dismissed it as just the press for ages, but is there real legs to this?

Wait so this could actually seriously be happening? Dismissed it as just the press for ages, but is there real legs to this?
Yes, real possibility. Respected journalists with the Times and Telegraph are reporting it. As are Sky.

like Donkey Kong, Dragon Slayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.