Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favourite non-United player after Seedorf. I can't even bring myself to think this might happen. I'm staying fully zipped up until it's announced on the United site. Still, it's nice to have something else to talk about apart from how shit we've been.
My favourite non-United player two years ago was van Persie. Maybe this is a sign that absolute feck all will happen.

My favourite non-United player after Seedorf. I can't even bring myself to think this might happen. I'm staying fully zipped up until it's announced on the United site. Still, it's nice to have something else to talk about apart from how shit we've been.

Nail on the feckin head man... and its great to hear journo's talkin about this positivity rather than all the gloom & doom!

Come on David Moyes, sign Mourinhos boys we'll go Wild Wild Wild. Come on Davey Moyes, Rob from Essex will throw his toys, we'll go Wild Wild Wild.

right I'm off this for the night. When I drop back in the morning there better be positive confirmation or there will be hell to pay * I will be in a right grump ;)

My favourite non-United player two years ago was van Persie. Maybe this is a sign that absolute feck all will happen.

I liked Alan Smith, Veron and Van Persie before they came to United, and I like Mata as well. It's ON.

Also, I like Andreas Weimann, so if anyone's placing bets....

My girlfriend reliably informs me that some itk on weibo (Chinese Twitter) says it's a done deal, he's staking his account on it apparently :lol:. I'm starting to believe this!

If we pulled this off it would be a great coup

Would give us such a lift
Give us a great chance to boost chances of top 4
Follow up this signing with someone like Reus, a Top CM and one or two others and we're on our way back
Why would Rooney want to leave if we are going in the right direction with good momentum

Importantly our share price is bound to increase too

Lolz

Please make this happen. It would be a huge lift to the club, players, fans and a statement of intent. 30, 40M, couldn't give a f***. It's not our money, and we have plenty of it. A world class CM in the summer and we're all good.

If we pulled this off it would be a great coup

Would give us such a lift
Give us a great chance to boost chances of top 4
Follow up this signing with someone like Reus, a Top CM and one or two others and we're on our way back
Why would Rooney want to leave if we are going in the right direction with good momentum

Importantly our share price is bound to increase too

Lolz
Rooney to be fair to him has barely put a foot wrong under Moyes and despite us being turd he's playing like he's enjoying his football again. Could be that the big incentive to go was Fergie and he's happy now.

Not too far fetched.

You liked Alan Smith? He was a cnut before he joined us. :lol:

As a schoolboy who was an aggressive type striker back in the late 90s, I kind of modelled myself after him. :lol:

Watching him scoring against Liverpool on his debut at age 17 didn't look too bad either.

I stake my tatty ITK reputation on this equally tatty piece of gossip I got from a Chelsea forum:

lmao apparently linked with Welbeck in exchange. f**kin hell.

I'm not gonna let myself get hurt again, still scarred by Thiago.

My girlfriend reliably informs me that some itk on weibo (Chinese Twitter) says it's a done deal, he's staking his account on it apparently :lol:. I'm starting to believe this!

What the feck is weibo?? fecksake. It's off again....

Mods should start awarding purple hearts for wounds inflicted during different transfer sagas. :cool:

How close are we to seeing Mata as a smokescreen being suggested? :lol:

Does Mata definitely spell the end of Rooney? I think they could operate together. Rooney was allegedly crying out for us to sign Ozil. Mata might be a star player that again convinces him to stay. Mata is capable of tucking in and roaming out wide, much better than Kagawa does. I think Mata, Rooney and Januzaj behind a centre forward could easily work.
I agree. My thinking is, I believe Rooney wants out. As things stand I'm convinced he'll leave. Based on very little admittedly, but I believe it anyway. If we sign Mata, worst case Rooney leaves a bit earlier than we like (as part of the deal), but he's leaving anyway. Best case it convinces him to stay.

My theory is Rooney has just fallen out of love with Manchester United, the deterioration of his relationship with SAF took its toll, Moyes was the one manager he knew and maybe didn't feel like a fresh challenge. He's seen great players come and go and he's stayed in the same place while the team around him as steadily regressed. I think he just fancies a fresh challenge.

Maybe Mata would excite him as much as it excites us, he'd think shit, maybe we're going to really shake things up around here, play a different way, strengthen the squad. Maybe all the hope being expressed on here echoes his own thoughts.

It goes back to his first transfer request as well. When he questioned the squad it was foolish the way he went about it but he was saying exactly what people say in here all the time.

So yeah, I do dare to hope this could happen, and I do hope Rooney stays, even though I doubt both.

This is all looking to positive to me at the moment. To the Ronaldo thread!

You don't like Leon Osman, do you? Please say no.

Uh. I actually do, funny enough. Tidy player. Not that I'd want him at United, mind. I can tell you one who I detest and won't be coming though. Cesc Fabregas. Was horrified at the rumours in the summer.

What does indykalia or whatever the feck he is called have to say on all of this?

What does indykalia or whatever the feck he is called have to say on all of this?
I imagine he'll be claiming he originally broke the story 12 years ago or something.

He's probably in the Chelsea club shop right now, waiting for inside info.

Spoke directly to Juan whilst on his radio show, Mata said he was rearing to pull on the #7 for United.

But seriously, Indy is claiming he reported it before everyone else. The funny thing is, he did...

Absolutely no way Mourinho will sell to us IMO, he is a huge fans favourite and selling him to a rival is asking for trouble.

He will be off to PSG or back to Spain in the summer I think

There seems to be too much smoke for this to be nothing. It's not the sun or daily star either so surely there must be talks at least and mourinho would probably prefer to simply get rid of a unhappy player for decent money rather than have him sitting around doing nout.

Status
Not open for further replies.