Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not if he's determined to leave anyway.

I'd sooner get Mata now and let Chelsea have Rooney in the summer than have Rooney join a foreign club but leave us searching for a replacement for him on top of everything else.

This. We'll lose Rooney anyway and if he wants to go to Chelsea, he could do so in a year even if we refuse him the move now like Lewandowski has done with Bayern transfer.

Never thought the rvp signing was possible. This one is the same. It would be amazing if we manage to sign him. Would really give the players and fans a huge boost.

The end of the week is too long damn it! Just bid now and get it done.

I wouldn't begrudge it, but I can see why people would be apprehensive. We've no idea how he's actually fit into our formation and he wouldn't fix any of our biggest problem areas (central midfield, left back, right wing).

By all accounts £37m for a player who isn't actually really a 'solution' to anything is a shitload of cash.

Scoring and creating has been our biggest problem area, the leagues best play maker should go some way to bridge that, the money is a total irrelevance as far I am concerned, if it's not spunked on quality players then it will spunked come Glazer bonus time.
I don't think a player of real quality will have any worries getting in to our side and it's not like Mata sits behind the striker threading through balls all day, he drops seep and is much more than that.

He's been poor this season but he's probably scored nearly as much as all their strikers combined.

Hes been poor for the same reason Mata has bene for us, gametime.

Hernandez is a clinical and powerful striker when played regularly. The problem is he has had RVP to compete with. Why he doesnt play more ahead of others now is beyond me, he and Januzaj were the best out there vs us and he was only on for a tiny bit.

Meanwhile at The Shed End, they've taken the Mata thread out of the Rumours forum...so obviously, it's ON.

♫Juan love, we don't need another love etc etc♫

Hernandez is a clinical and powerful striker when played regularly. The problem is he has had RVP to compete with. Why he doesnt play more ahead of others now is beyond me, he and Januzaj were the best out there vs us and he was only on for a tiny bit.
Agreed on all counts.

It's baffling why he doesn't get more game time(like Mata). As is, a setup of Chica ahead of Kagawa, Welbeck and Januzaj would surely be better than Young and Valencia.

A lot of you seem surprisingly optimistic when you consider the history of United based transfer sagas on here and in the media!

This could potentially be a fantastic signing if true.

Carrick-Fletcher
Mata - Rooney - Adnan
------- RvP --------

Lot's of creativity which has been lacking this season with that formation, and with Carrick and Fletcher possibly employed as holding mid-fielders our attack minded full-backs will be less exposed - which has been one of the biggest issues this season. Just buying a single quality player completely gives us a better outlook. Mata could also prove to be a springboard for other quality signings coming off.

Hernandez had scored just one in his last 5 starts and he really has been in poor form. Welbeck ' just happened to be in good form and deserves his starting spot. Kagawa/Januzaj playing ahead of Hernandez in this kind of form isn't a very controversial decision either.

Carrick-Fletcher
Mata - Rooney - Adnan
------- RvP --------

Lot's of creativity which has been lacking this season with that formation, and with Carrick and Fletcher possibly employed as holding mid-fielders our attack minded full-backs will be less exposed - which has been one of the biggest issues this season. Just buying a single quality player completely gives us a better outlook. Mata could also prove to be a springboard for other quality signings coming off.
No way Mata starts over Valencia on the right, surely.

Hernandez had scored just one in his last 5 starts and he really has been in poor form. Welbeck ' just happened to be in good form and deserves his starting spot. Kagawa/Januzaj playing ahead of Hernandez in this kind of form isn't a very controversial decision either.

He hasn't been given much of a run of games in fairness to him.

Had any of those 5 starts come in a run? Playing sparingly isn't exactly helping him.

Hernandez has had one or two disallowed - one I think ...his form or lack of is a myth. You create chances, he'll finish them. Anyone surprised he was the one that scored against Chelsea? He's a finisher and with better control in midfield, he should be featuring. He needs great width and good play from centre which we're not done enough of. Mata would help certainly but it's probably all bs

Does Mata definitely spell the end of Rooney? I think they could operate together. Rooney was allegedly crying out for us to sign Ozil. Mata might be a star player that again convinces him to stay. Mata is capable of tucking in and roaming out wide, much better than Kagawa does. I think Mata, Rooney and Januzaj behind a centre forward could easily work.

Sounds like if we want him he's ours. Just depends if we're willing to stump up the cash for a change.I'd expect him to be sold for between £30-40 million and I hope we would be prepared to pay that because he's easily worth it. This signing could revitalise our season...

I'd love a bit of Johnny kills

Carrick-Fletcher
Mata - Rooney - Adnan
------- RvP --------

We need to play a narrower formation to protect our defence more I reckon. The Mata signing makes me think we have had it with these wingers and are hopefully looking for a more modern style of 'wide' player. Januzaj is a dream because he can play in the middle as well as a natural winger, but let's be honest full backs are the wingers these days. Mata is one who will never run down the line but will be subtle in his movement. He's a top class player for me and he will stand out a mile in this current side. It'll be a huge lift to everyone's morale to bring in such a quality and likeable player.

Carrick-Fletcher
Mata - Rooney - Adnan
------- RvP --------

No way Mata starts over Valencia on the right, surely.

This is the problem though, isn't it? Would Moyes play a formation like that which seems so obvious to everyone here. People were putting out decent formations for the Chavs match, which might have given us a much better chance, but then we hear that Valencia & Young are starting and the result was inevitable.

Does Mata definitely spell the end of Rooney? I think they could operate together. Rooney was allegedly crying out for us to sign Ozil. Mata might be a star player that again convinces him to stay. Mata is capable of tucking in and roaming out wide, much better than Kagawa does. I think Mata, Rooney and Januzaj behind a centre forward could easily work.

If Rooney's contract wasn't up in 18 months time and he never had a history of wanting to leave, then I'd say its more curtains for Kagawa than it is for Rooney. As it stands, I think its looking more likely Rooney will leave before his contract runs out. Not too optimistic on Kagawa's future either, sadly.

If we sign Mata he's obviously gonna play. And he's obviously gonna play wide with Rooney centrally. He's obviously not gonna dislodge Januzaj, who alongside Rooney has been our creative spark. So yes, Valencia would finally be dislodged.

My favourite non-United player after Seedorf. I can't even bring myself to think this might happen. I'm staying fully zipped up until it's announced on the United site. Still, it's nice to have something else to talk about apart from how shit we've been.

City have Silva, Arsenal have Ozil, Chelsea have Hazard & co and we could have someone of that calibre in terms playmaking...that's if we sign Mata.

lets hope Woody doesn't f**k it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.