Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok I think its time for an official matameter we surely cannot go full muppet without it....

This would be an excellent start to the refreshing process of the squad, I remain skeptical though.

Can any Caftards living near Stamford Bridge try and find out if De Gea has written a message on Mata's seat on the bench?
We better keep De Gea out of this. He's shite. The last two players he got chummy with was Thiago and Koke and look what happened there.

It would be a poor deal if it meant we've made some sort of agreement to give them Rooney in the summer. I really can't see any other way that Jose would just hand over Mata to us.

what does that tweet say, brophs?

This is surely gaining too much momentum for this not to be happening.

Would be a nice signing to make but I'd be more pleased if Rooney signed a new contract. Think this just sees him step closer to the door.

It would be a poor deal if it meant we've made some sort of agreement to give them Rooney in the summer. I really can't see any other way that Jose would just hand over Mata to us.
Rooney can sign for Chelsea on a free in January next season.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-united-and-chelsea-over-juan-mata-going-well

Talks between Manchester United and Chelsea over the transfer of Juan Mata are going well, Sky Sports understands.

Sky Sports' Spanish football expert Guillem Balague says all parties, including Mata, want the deal to happen.

The attacking midfielder - a £23.5m signing from Valencia in 2011 - has found first-team opportunities limited under Jose Mourinho this season, playing 90 minutes on just three occasions.

And Balague said: "Manchester United and Chelsea are negotiating the future of Juan Mata - and the idea is that Mata, who Chelsea are happy to let go, goes to Old Trafford in this transfer window.

"Chelsea are asking for £32 million or with Wayne Rooney as part of the deal. Manchester United have said no to the money and no to Rooney - but I am under the impression that a deal will be reached because it benefits everybody.

"Manchester United need quality, Mata needs to get out of the situation he is in, and it would reinforce United for their meetings with (Chelsea's title rivals) Manchester City and Arsenal, which is clever from Jose Mourinho."

On Tuesday night Sky sources reported that talks between the two rivals are "progressing well."

Can we say it's on?

what does that tweet say, brophs?
Doesn't it show up? I'll try again.

Anyway it says "Been told just now that United are confident that a deal can be sealed for Mata by the end of the week. Have no idea if any Rooney options.."

This is never going to happen.

Think about it... think about how amazing this signing would be? That's why it's never going to happen.

Doesn't it show up? I'll try again.

Anyway it says "Been told just now that United are confident that a deal can be sealed for Mata by the end of the week. Have no idea if any Rooney options.."

No, it shows fine for eveyone else mate, it's just my work blocks them. :( Cheers anyway though.

The part where apparently United have said ''no'' to the money is believable though.

Not if he's determined to leave anyway.

I'd sooner get Mata now and let Chelsea have Rooney in the summer than have Rooney join a foreign club but leave us searching for a replacement for him on top of everything else.

Teams need width. All teams use width, its just where and how that differs. Width isnt just about firing in crosses. There are many uses, situations and places where width is applied. Stop thinking in such 1 dimensional ways.

Yeah but you don't need your wingers to hug the line to provide width, especially when you have Rafael and Evra (soon Coentrao in all likelihood) as full backs, not to mention aside from Januzaj our wingers don't offer anything at the minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.