Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
right I may be going over the top on this one but I think if we do manage to bring in Mata this could be a transfer very similar to the cantona deal for us i.e. it will be one that gives us a right kick up the arse and would certainly give everyone in the club and the fans a huge lift. I also think we will bring in coentrao and if by some miracle we forked out for vidal as well then holy jesus....

Im not sure how sim,ply selling Mata for 37 million does anything for us at all, other than the ridiculously short sighted notion that it MIGHT mean you take up to 3 points off Arsenal/City.

Players like Mata are too good to be sat on the bench. I think it's likely that he is going to leave at some point. Admittedly, selling to United would be unforeseen, but if it allows you to get good money for an unhappy player and put that towards the striker you need, plus if we do actually take points off your direct rivals, it could be a very good move.

If we sign Mata it's as close to a confirmation that Rooney won't be renewing. His best position is that of a central attacking midfielder although I know he's also good as a wide attacking midfielder. Januzaj, Mata and Kagawa behind the striker could be very similar to Oscar, Hazard, Willian at Chelsea.
Not necessarily, van Persie isn't getting any younger and it's obvious Moyes has made Rooney the main man. Mata behind Rooney is a possibility.

Yeah, if it is a deal with Rooney though, this is by no means a certainty. I would rather have Hernandez as a certainty now.

A) Usually at this point people jump in to explain why Journalist X is a shithead liar.

B) Even though it's probably never going happen, I do like it whenever we're linked to Vidal. Mata and Vidal in one window. Just imagine...
I've always found him fairly accurate and he's not one to blow things out of proportion or cause a stir anyway.

It's too good to be true unfortunately.

Players like Mata are too good to be sat on the bench. I think it's likely that he is going to leave at some point. Admittedly, selling to United would be unforeseen, but if it allows you to get good money for an unhappy player and put that towards the striker you need, plus if we do actually take points off your direct rivals, it could be a very good move.
Agreed, but we need that striker in January like you need Mata in January, not in the summer.

right I may be going over the top on this one but I think if we do manage to bring in Mata this could be a transfer very similar to the cantona deal for us i.e. it will be one that gives us a right kick up the arse and would certainly give everyone in the club and the fans a huge lift. I also think we will bring in coentrao and if by some miracle we forked out for vidal as well then holy jesus....

Brace Yourself for more "its diffuclt to bring player in january" comments instead.

Why would signing Mata guarantee Rooney leaving? Why wouldn't Rooney fit instead of Kagawa in that formation?

Given that Moyes seems completely unconvinced by Kagawa, it seems strange to assume he'd intend to build him into the future of the club rather than Rooney.

Why would signing Mata guarantee Rooney leaving? Why wouldn't Rooney fit instead of Kagawa in that formation?

Given that Moyes seems completely unconvinced by Kagawa, it seems strange to assume he'd intend to build him into the future of the club rather than Rooney.

If Rooney is intent on leaving then none of that matters. Kagawa, by all accounts, wants to stay here.

What does it say? I'm at work and it doesn't show up.

Ballague says it's on, thus it's actually off.

Eventually he'll realise we never sign any of the players he links with us and will start writing off every potential signing. Then we'll have hope...

Rooney wanted to leave after winning the title last summer, now we're sitting at 7th having to wait for clubs above us to collapse before we can get a top 4 spot. By this time next year he can talk to any club and sign on a pre-contract like Lewandowski did with Bayern.

Agreed, but we need that striker in January like you need Mata in January, not in the summer.

I wonder if there could be an agreement such as we sign Mata in January, and Rooney moves to you lot in the summer. There's not a hope we could let Rooney leave right now..

I can't believe I'm getting dragged into this I'm almost at full muppet stage now (horrible memories of the thiago thread coming flooding back)

Yeah, if it is a deal with Rooney though, this is by no means a certainty. I would rather have Hernandez as a certainty now.

You needent worry. We most likely won't be playing us again before next season - so there's little chance of him scoring against you.

His overall game wouldn't be of the utmost importance at Chelsea given your midfield, but it's still questionable to suggest saying he'd start for Chelsea.

He's been poor this season but he's probably scored nearly as much as all their strikers combined.

He would start every game.
Not sure about that, although he's probably on eto'o's level right now (haven't seen too much of him this season to be honest, but he was good against united obviously). He'd play more then he currently does but he wouldn't be clearly first choice IMO like you need. I love him and he'd probably score bucket loads for you, I just think it's more likely you lot bring in cavani or falcao or Rooney.

Status
Not open for further replies.