Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all seriousness I doubt Moyes has done nearly enough background work on Mata to even consider making a move for him now.

I'm sure he's got a whole dossier on Mata, who's been rumoured to be on his way out of Chelsea for a good while now.

I'm pretty sure our scouts would be keeping tabs on players like Mata all the time, hence the RVP situation, and it would have been going on long before Moyes even got the United job.
Means very little, I'd be sure our scout reports on Fellaini pre-Moyes would've be along the lines of avoid at all costs.

Has anyone posted the pictures of Woody at Stamford Bridge? Think they might be from after the game, but I think he was meeting with Abramovic.

Yeah it was on somewhere yesterday. He's probably signed a sponsorship deal with Abromovich for Chelsea to be our official shirt sponsor or something.

I'm pretty sure our scouts would be keeping tabs on players like Mata all the time, hence the RVP situation, and it would have been going on long before Moyes even got the United job.

Hadn't we also had extensive tabs on Thiago pre-Moyes as well though? Moyes probably doesn't think Mata is the right player, or some guff.

Can't really get excited about Mata, especially at the prices that are being thrown around. As Gaz said on TV, Moyes would have to change his system in order to accomodate him.
I think that's the part the majority want to see.

Our points total against the teams above us is pathetically bad and it largely comes down to the terrible system we choose to play.

If Moyes has to change his system...I say fantastic!

I don't see it happening but if it did....

--------------De Gea--------------
Rafael--Smalling--Jones--????
---------Carrick----????---------
Januzaj------Rooney------Mata
----------------RVP----------------

Mighty tasty interchangeable front 4 that :drool:

feck, this has gained about 10 pages since Ive been at work, is this really happening now ?:nervous:

I don't see it happening but if it did....

--------------De Gea--------------
Rafael--Smalling--Jones--????
---------Carrick----????---------
Januzaj------Rooney------Mata
----------------RVP----------------

Mighty tasty interchangeable front 4 that :drool:
de Gea
Rafael Smalling Evans Shaw
Fellaini Gündoğan
Januzaj Rooney Mata
van Persie​
Boner town. :drool:

feck, this has gained about 10 pages since Ive been at work, is this really happening now ?:nervous:
Maybe. Maybe not. There's definitely a possibility, and I do think Chelsea would see to us for the right price. It's our end of the deal I'd see a snag in...

Maybe. Maybe not. There's definitely a possibility, and I do think Chelsea would see to us for the right price. It's our end of the deal I'd see a snag in...

I really hope we could get something out of it player wise rather than just cash. I'd like a Hernandez + 20 million sort of deal.

Im not sure how sim,ply selling Mata for 37 million does anything for us at all, other than the ridiculously short sighted notion that it MIGHT mean you take up to 3 points off Arsenal/City.

Im not sure how sim,ply selling Mata for 37 million does anything for us at all, other than the ridiculously short sighted notion that it MIGHT mean you take up to 3 points off Arsenal/City.

You need room in your squad for a striker. You currently have 17 over age non homegrown players and that's the max.

That an a whole pile of cash for a player Mourinho thinks shit in his soup.

It gifts you a shed load of money for someone who doesn't play. It allows Mata some playing time before the World Cup. And it's United's marquee signing and generally a much needed lift for everyone at the club.

Unless (assuming Rooney is determined to leave) we also agreed not to block a fair bid from ye in the summer? Everyone wins in that scenario, I think.

Well, it gets you 37 million. But then I guess such trifles means little to you, eh?

I really hope we could get something out of it player wise rather than just cash. I'd like a Hernandez + 20 million sort of deal.
Someone else mentioned it, but a pre-summer deal for Rooney with Mata joining us in January would really suit both parties. Although, you rarely see swap-deals.

Chelsea won't play United against this season, except for possibly the Champions League and Mata would be cup-tied anyway. Mata could take points off of Chelsea's rivals with United too distant to catch Chelsea up even if they are somewhat rejuvenated by signing Mata and Chelsea would recieve in excess of £35M for a player who clearly doesn't have a long-term future at the club. Chelsea would finally get the top striker they've craved prepared for next season.

United on the other hand, would have a world-class player capable of firing them back into the top four along with Rooney and van Persie and would also have Rooney's replacements sealed before having to potentially delve into the transfer market in the Summer if they sold Rooney to another suitor.

Win-win for both, but the chances of this happening are extreme to say the least.

If we sign Mata it's as close to a confirmation that Rooney won't be renewing. His best position is that of a central attacking midfielder although I know he's also good as a wide attacking midfielder. Januzaj, Mata and Kagawa behind the striker could be very similar to Oscar, Hazard, Willian at Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.