Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
This season's stats for Mata : 0 goals 2 assists in 13 games. Kagawa : 0 goals 0 assists in 9 games. I guess we could sell him for £30 million and then buy Mata at £37 million

:lol:

Are you on a WUM here or can you actually not see the difference?

This season's stats for Mata : 0 goals 2 assists in 13 games. Kagawa : 0 goals 0 assists in 9 games. I guess we could sell him for £30 million and then buy Mata at £37 million

:lol: RightO

You're away with the fairies Ekeke and tbh I don't care about your opinion enough to talk to you about it anymore. You're likely on the Wum given the nature of a lot of your posts and their antagonistic style.

Since the start of his career he's...

Played 211 league games scoring 50 goals and creating 68 assists.

His stats were getting better year on year until Mourinho came in and decided he didn't like him.

Well not year on year no, they were better in some seasons at Valencia than his first season at Chelsea

Why would people be against Mata if we signed him? Reminds of a lot of the reactions when we were in for RVP.

He is not what we are desperate for, but his impact will be felt in a positive way and will definitely lift the team.

Actually he's just come good on the hype before he signed. This is what was expected of him when he was tearing it up in France, the only surprise is that he didnt do it right away

The hype has now increased and with it any future price tag. If he stays a few more years and continues to develop he could easily go for more than Bale did (even without taking further inflation into account).

Why would people be against Mata if we signed him? Reminds of a lot of the reactions when we were in for RVP.

He is not what we are desperate for, but his impact will be felt in a positive way and will definitely lift the team.

There's no-on against signing him I think.

One or two people seem to think it's too much ££ but the vast majority don't.

There's no-on against signing him I think.

One or two people seem to think it's too much ££ but the vast majority don't.

I've seen a few people suggest he is not he sort of player we need. He would be a step up on any of our wide options, and it's not even his best position.

Could potentially have an 'Ozil' affect on our team.

Exactly, the squad must have seen Fellaini come in the summer and thought, Is that it? A signing like Mata's quality would give them a real boost.

How is this:Rafael - Smalling - Evans - Evra

..................Jones..................
.........Mata...........Kagawa.......
....Nani......................Januzaj..
.................RVP......................

I've seen a few people suggest he is not he sort of player we need. He would be a step up on any of our wide options, and it's not even his best position.

People are understandably blinded by our need for a CM, but I think a player of Mata's quality infront would negate that need to a certain extent.

People need to realise that if we were to sign Mata then it will be the start of their intent to spend big in the summer and get the right players.

Moyes recognises that he needs a top quality CM, he always wanted 2 in the summer. So if he goes out and spends this kind of cash on Mata, I don't think it would be to the detriment of the CM fund.

Without getting drawn into this transfer too much, if we did sign him I hope it would mean we're looking to move away from playing with wingers. I wouldn't mind playing an extra CM and then sacrificing 1 winger to allow the other a free role switching between sides.

Januzaj on the right, Mata on the left, RVP upfront.....:drool:

When have we ever signed someone we need apart from DeGea.:lol: He would be a great signing.

Terrible.

Are you on a wum or insane?

I think that this would be a fantastic signing for us, I have admired Matas ability for a while now and think he would do a great job in a 4-2-3-1 formation as part of the forward 3, alongside Rooney and Kagawa .

We paid 27m for Fellaini. 37 for Mata seems about right.

Every mistake must be greeted with another mistake.

He was probably worth £35 million or so in the summer before he was thrown on the trashheap by Chelsea and followed it up with an average season.

Quash it how? Announce that United have no interest in buying Mata? Maybe United have no plans to bid for him this window, but what is to be gained by ruling it out in the future by publicly implying to the player they don't rate him? The only time I can remember a statement from United that they had no interest in a player, despite a lot of media speculation, was Jermaine Defoe. But Mata is actually a good player. No point burning bridges...
By off the record saying it's nonsense. You do realise we have press officers that constantly field questions behind the scenes from journalists? This is their job, when sky announced we were going after Ozil on deadline day we immediately told them no. This isn't just one shitty rumour in The Daily Star, it's every media organisation in the country, clearly they're being briefed.

Aye, it's worrying reading his comments, as you'd think he's probably more in the know than most, so for him to say that makes me feel that there isn't much in these rumours. :(
I'm not sure how people are taking that from Nev's comments. He's saying we'd need to change our system to fit him in - this is true, and something we'd like to happen.

I'm not sure how people are taking that from Nev's comments. He's saying we'd need to change our system to fit him in - this is true, and something we'd like to happen.
The way he is rigid about us not changing our system is the reason I get this from him. We'll see I suppose.

Two between RVP, Rooney and Kagawa are going. We have to deal with it. Mata may not be a CM but he still fit perfectly in Moyes system which rely on a narrow 4-5-1 system. With Januzaj on the right, Mata on the left and a deadly striker up front United has the quality and creativity they need to beat anyone. It will also mean relying on a 3 men CM which mean we can afford a 'squad player' (:cough: Fellaini, :cough: Cleverley) to still ply their trade with us without getting too exposed because of their, erm.......limitations (I want to sound political correct).

Mata will raise the morale at OT and give some breathing space to Woody and Moyes who simply need to show some sort of ambition. He is also the best available candidate to replace Rooney.

37m are also peanuts considering that we've spent 30m on Berbatov and 28m on a midfielder with severe limitations in terms of quality (I want to sound polical correct here). The fees thrown that day weren't mistakes (signing those players were) but they were market value.

The way he is rigid about us not changing our system is the reason I get this from him. We'll see I suppose.

He's at this all the time, and it's boring. Even in the Summer, Carragher was suggesting that Moyes may do something different with our wide players, Neville stopped him in his tracks and told him that "Manchester United are all about the wings. The club will change him, not the other way around."

He's very set in his ways when it comes to this kind of thing and I guess it's the old romantic in him. If we hired somebody like Guardiola I can well imagine that his punditry would be a little more critical, similar to the way in which he targets our younger foreign players - Rafael, Kagawa, De Gea - more so than he would Cleverley or Welbeck. To be honest, I don't like his punditry when it comes to United. He's brilliant elsewhere though.

...Smalling....................Evans..
....Rafael......................Evra..

Now we're talking

Moyes 'the destroyer of dreams' will put an end to this thread tomorrow.

No chance this will happen. Chelsea in my opinion would be stupid to turn down that sort of money for a fringe player but I do not see us going for him, let alone at that price.

Are you on a wum or insane?

Insane I am. I read somewhere that Mata can actually play as a central midfielder, and I would imagine that meant in a midfield three. Kagawa should be able to do that too. Ideally, I would want someone else than Jones behind them. I know it's weak defensively, but there's certainly more than enough creative force there.

Insane I am. I read somewhere that Mata can actually play as a central midfielder, and I would imagine that meant in a midfield three. Kagawa should be able to do that too. Ideally, I would want someone else than Jones behind them. I know it's weak defensively, but there's certainly more than enough creative force there.

If you have a player like Kagawa or Mata in a midfield three. You have one of that type in there, not two....

Status
Not open for further replies.