Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would rather get him now than try and get a player like him in the Summer when we have no Champions League football to offer.

I do rate him. £37 million is bat shit crazy

Why not just throw on an extra £15 million and get Hazard? or is he £100 million now?

Would Chelsea accept a 52m bid for Hazard? Don't think so. Your valuations are a bit off.

£37 million for the 4th best player in his position in the league. Go play your game both of you

Oh so you dont rate him.

4 years on his contract. Selling to a rival club. One of the best players in the league last season. 25(26?) yrs old. Would instantly be in our top 3 players. Would actually still be Chelsea's best player if not for a Manager that favors a distinctly different style.

37mil if we intend to use him properly rather than stick him out wide as an outright winger? Not even debatable imo.

£37 million for the 4th best player in his position in the league. Go play your game both of you
If RVP/Rooney were 25 would they be worth 37m to a team that is struggling to score goals and needs a boost to get into 4th spot? Of course they would.

He's a brilliant pundit, but this really is bullshit and very frustrating. We've been playing an outdated system for years, while focusing on wingplay from very poor/average wingers. It really is time for a change of style and more modern approach in our football.

I'd be all for signing Mata, as not only is he a wonderful player, but it is a progressive sign in leaving that archaic style. Of course it isn't the solution to our midfield issues, but it could hopefully have an impact on the team in the same way as Ozil did at Arsenal, in terms of influence over the team as a whole.

We've been calling out for a central midfielder for years and that is the number one priority, but it doesn't take a genius to work out that our creativity and incisiveness in the final third is next to non-existent.

If Moyes were to encourage a more expressive and fluid style with Mata, Januzaj and Rooney behind van Persie, we'd see a massive upsurge in our off the ball movement and combination play even if we would still be brittle and passive in midfield from a defensive perspective.

Agree with every word of it.

I see no reason why a front 4 of RVP, Rooney, Januzaj and Mata wouldnt work. We'd need a solid CM and with Carrick,Fletch and Fellaini to choose from for the rest of the season and an upgrade in the summer, we'd be set.

Oh so you dont rate him.

4 years on his contract. Selling to a rival club. One of the best players in the league last season. 25(26?) yrs old. Would instantly be in our top 3 players. Would actually still be Chelsea's best player if not for a Manager that favors a distinctly different style.

37mil if we intend to use him properly rather than stick him out wide as an outright winger? Not even debatable imo.

Just shows you dont know the player if you think that using him "properly" means you have to use him away from where he had his best overall form for Valencia. Yes thats right, Chelsea didnt create him in a test tube. He did exist before you saw him in the premier league. But hey I've only been watching him almost every week since he was 19, what do I know

Ekeke is a football professor. He knew Ronaldo would be good when all of RedCafe wanted him to be sold.

Sorry if this has been posted and sorry if the formatting is whack.

Eurosport expert - Paul Parker
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs...side-not-good-enough-best-juan-115455090.html

Man United not good enough for Juan Mata

I have to agree with Gary Neville's comments on Juan Mata and where he is coming from regarding the subject of what Manchester United need to bring in this January. A Juan Mata joining the United side of three or four years ago when they were attacking and embracing free-flowing football would have been an ideal destination for the Spanish player, but this is maybe not an area of the team that is the priority for David Moyes at the moment.

They need to strengthen, but he is not the main signing they need. If it was him and three or four other new quality players arriving to go with him, I would say yes. But if we are talking about Mata as the solitary January signing, then no...United are not going to get the best out of a very good player. The quality around him is just not good enough.

There is going to be so much onus on him to produce opportunities, but it could end up as a negative move because he is having to fight for everything. Even though he is not wanted at Chelsea, he has players there who will enhance him and enjoy playing with him. As we know, there is only one person there who doesn't want him and doesn't like the way he plays. Unfortunately for Mata, that is his coach. At United there will be huge expectations on him. And I think United are in desperate need of committed players rather than over-talented, luxury players.

It might not be the right time if arrives on his own while it could yet be a mistake by Chelsea to let him go. As long as they don't get any injuries or suspensions over January, maybe it won't be. He is a very talented player. All the Chelsea players will tell you how much they rate him. In private at least. Perhaps not in public. A lot of those players at Chelsea enjoy his style. When you've been twice player of the year at a club, there is a reason why that is the case.

That says a lot about his character. It doesn't matter how many awards you get, the best vote to get is the players' vote. In any industry, getting the vote from your fellow workers is the biggest thing you can ever have. Mata earns space because he has a reputation for dramatically high levels of skill. Players are worried about him going past them too easy.
I remember Glenn Hoddle was afforded similar respect, but you only get that through time.

And you only get it when you are helped out by other great players around you.
A lot of people cannot work out why Mata is not been giving more of an opportunity to prove himself. United do need him, but they do not need him at the present moment. Moyes needs players who want to play for the manager and United. United will have to pay top dollar for Mata as Chelsea are not going to let him go on the cheap. That is the only bonus for Chelsea. But is Jose Mourinho really going to sell Mata to Manchester United? Mourinho worked on the philosophy that loaning Romelu Lukaku to Everton would enable him to damage Chelsea's title rivals, but that doesn't make sense to me because you would still rather have him at your club scoring goals. You look at United defensively and in midfield. Defensively, United are as poor as they have been for the past 15 years. Very, very poor.

They need two defenders, two midfielders, at least one wide player and possibly a striker. If Moyes is not going to play Wilfried Zaha then they need somebody to replace him.
Adnan Januzaj is a good young player, but at the moment he is too light. He needs more experienced players around him to help him and a bit more strength alongside him. You can't rely on him until the end of the season. When we look back, I think Sir Alex Ferguson did the right thing for himself by leaving Manchester United last summer. Did he get the chance to buy for another manager? I'm not sure. He probably decided to leave it for the other man. He left on the right note. When Fergie arrived at United, it was a different era, but he had to make big strong decisions when he came into the job.

Two of them were in letting Norman Whiteside and Paul McGrath leave the club. McGrath went on to do really well. But Sir Alex made the right decision because United went onto win their first Premier League followed by the double. David Moyes may have to follow suit and do it his own way too because Alex wasn't left anything by big Ron (Atkinson). He had to deal with what big Ron left for him. If David Moyes is any kind of man, and he comes across as one, then he will know nothing is left on a plate for you. If you want dinner on the table, you have to earn the right to have dinner there for you. You have to get out and get your own dinner.

I do rate him. £37 million is bat shit crazy

Why not just throw on an extra £15 million and get Hazard? or is he £100 million now?

Hazard for 50mil? They wouldnt even bother to reply. You underestimate how important he is to them or how highly Mourinho rates him,

Just shows you dont know the player if you think that using him "properly" means you have to use him away from where he had his best overall form for Valencia. Yes thats right, Chelsea didnt create him in a test tube. He did exist before you saw him in the premier league. But hey I've only been watching him almost every week since he was 19, what do I know

He played as an outright winger ala Valencia for Valencia? Or more of a playmaker from the left like Silva for City? You think he'd be better off whipping crosses in or actually getting involved in the playmaking aspect and in general working as a creator?

Ignore the quality of the players, just their styles.

Sorry if this has been posted and sorry if the formatting is whack.

Eurosport expert - Paul Parker
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs...side-not-good-enough-best-juan-115455090.html

Man United not good enough for Juan Mata

I have to agree with Gary Neville's comments on Juan Mata and where he is coming from regarding the subject of what Manchester United need to bring in this January. A Juan Mata joining the United side of three or four years ago when they were attacking and embracing free-flowing football would have been an ideal destination for the Spanish player, but this is maybe not an area of the team that is the priority for David Moyes at the moment.

They need to strengthen, but he is not the main signing they need. If it was him and three or four other new quality players arriving to go with him, I would say yes. But if we are talking about Mata as the solitary January signing, then no...United are not going to get the best out of a very good player. The quality around him is just not good enough.

There is going to be so much onus on him to produce opportunities, but it could end up as a negative move because he is having to fight for everything. Even though he is not wanted at Chelsea, he has players there who will enhance him and enjoy playing with him. As we know, there is only one person there who doesn't want him and doesn't like the way he plays. Unfortunately for Mata, that is his coach. At United there will be huge expectations on him. And I think United are in desperate need of committed players rather than over-talented, luxury players.

It might not be the right time if arrives on his own while it could yet be a mistake by Chelsea to let him go. As long as they don't get any injuries or suspensions over January, maybe it won't be. He is a very talented player. All the Chelsea players will tell you how much they rate him. In private at least. Perhaps not in public. A lot of those players at Chelsea enjoy his style. When you've been twice player of the year at a club, there is a reason why that is the case.

That says a lot about his character. It doesn't matter how many awards you get, the best vote to get is the players' vote. In any industry, getting the vote from your fellow workers is the biggest thing you can ever have. Mata earns space because he has a reputation for dramatically high levels of skill. Players are worried about him going past them too easy.
I remember Glenn Hoddle was afforded similar respect, but you only get that through time.

And you only get it when you are helped out by other great players around you.
A lot of people cannot work out why Mata is not been giving more of an opportunity to prove himself. United do need him, but they do not need him at the present moment. Moyes needs players who want to play for the manager and United. United will have to pay top dollar for Mata as Chelsea are not going to let him go on the cheap. That is the only bonus for Chelsea. But is Jose Mourinho really going to sell Mata to Manchester United? Mourinho worked on the philosophy that loaning Romelu Lukaku to Everton would enable him to damage Chelsea's title rivals, but that doesn't make sense to me because you would still rather have him at your club scoring goals. You look at United defensively and in midfield. Defensively, United are as poor as they have been for the past 15 years. Very, very poor.

They need two defenders, two midfielders, at least one wide player and possibly a striker. If Moyes is not going to play Wilfried Zaha then they need somebody to replace him.
Adnan Januzaj is a good young player, but at the moment he is too light. He needs more experienced players around him to help him and a bit more strength alongside him. You can't rely on him until the end of the season. When we look back, I think Sir Alex Ferguson did the right thing for himself by leaving Manchester United last summer. Did he get the chance to buy for another manager? I'm not sure. He probably decided to leave it for the other man. He left on the right note. When Fergie arrived at United, it was a different era, but he had to make big strong decisions when he came into the job.

Two of them were in letting Norman Whiteside and Paul McGrath leave the club. McGrath went on to do really well. But Sir Alex made the right decision because United went onto win their first Premier League followed by the double. David Moyes may have to follow suit and do it his own way too because Alex wasn't left anything by big Ron (Atkinson). He had to deal with what big Ron left for him. If David Moyes is any kind of man, and he comes across as one, then he will know nothing is left on a plate for you. If you want dinner on the table, you have to earn the right to have dinner there for you. You have to get out and get your own dinner.
Terrible article.

Gary Neville is talking cack. Players like Mata dont become available very often and when they do we should be in for them.

Yes, we have other areas to strengthen too, I didnt say he should be the only signing.

Personally, i'd sign Mata, Carvalho and Cabaye (unless we can magically sign Vidal)

Id swap Rafael for Contreao (but send them Fabio..)

Gary Neville is talking cack. Players like Mata dont become available very often and when they do we should be in for them.

Yes, we have other areas to strengthen too, I didnt say he should be the only signing.

Personally, i'd sign Mata, Carvalho and Cabaye (unless we can magically sign Vidal)

Id swap Rafael for Contreao (but send them Fabio..)
:lol:

And yeah, agree with the rest.

Hazard for 50mil? They wouldnt even bother to reply. You underestimate how important he is to them or how highly Mourinho rates him,

Very funny. 2 years ago he wasnt worth paying an extra few million in agents fees. Now he's worth more than Neymar and Chelsea wouldnt even look at the 6th highest transfer fee in history.

I'd be delight if we got him. Still young and he'd be a step towards progressive football and away from shit in a stick football.

Agree with every word of it.

I see no reason why a front 4 of RVP, Rooney, Januzaj and Mata wouldnt work. We'd need a solid CM and with Carrick,Fletch and Fellaini to choose from for the rest of the season and an upgrade in the summer, we'd be set.

It could definitely work in an attacking sense, but Januzaj and Mata would definitely have to work down the wings as well as through the middle, particularly defensively. Norwich this season is a good example of what happens when Evra is left alone to defend. Either way, whether you want to call it a 442 or 4231, we need players who can play well in a wider position as well as a world-class midfielder.

Okay so Mata is going to score us 25 goals a season. Gotcha
I never said that. I meant that we could do with a bit of creativity, which is what Mata has, one of the most creative players(if not the most) in the PL. Rooney/RVP are the probably third and fourth best strikers, depending on which order you put them in. So you said its stupid spending 37m on the fourh best player(whether he is 4th best or not is arguable) in his position.

Mata got 22 goals and 39 assists the season before last for Chelsea, dont forget, so he could hit 25 goals I suppose, but thats not the point. He's top 3 in that position on form anyway imo.

Very funny. 2 years ago he wasnt worth paying an extra few million in agents fees. Now he's worth more than Neymar and Chelsea wouldnt even look at the 6th highest transfer fee in history.

They signed him for 32m. Since then he has A) proven himself at a higher level, B) improved massively, C) become central to their current success and long term future. If they hold onto him for a few years they'll definitely get closer to 100m than 50m. Why on earth would they sell?

No, they wont. I kid you not. You dont just turn up and sign the rival's best player. Specially when your rival happens to be one of the richest clubs in the world funded by a sugar daddy.

There has to be a side angle for a deal like that to happen. In Hazard's case, it could be a massive fallout with mourinho, him on low wages and chelsea not giving him a hike, a contract that's about to lapse etc, but none of that is true. Thankfully for us, In Mata's case, there are 2 angles that could make it possible. 1- He doesnt fit Mourinho's style of play. 2- Its world cup year and he needs to play if he wants to be on the plane to brazil. But even then, we'd need to pay top dollar to get him. No 2 ways about it.

I never said that. I meant that we could do with a bit of creativity, which is what Mata has, one of the most creative players(if not the most) in the PL. Rooney/RVP are the probably third and fourth best strikers, depending on which order you put them in. So you said its stupid spending 37m on the fourh best player(whether he is 4th best or not is arguable) in his position.

Mata got 22 goals and 39 assists the season before last for Chelsea, dont forget, so he could hit 25 goals I suppose, but thats not the point. He's top 3 in that position on form anyway imo.

In this time machine, going back to when they were 25 (knowing how good they've both become) RVP and Rooney were not going to be the 3rd and 4th best strikers. You'd be buying them to be the best in the league in their position at a point in time. And goals historically drive transfer fees up. Players who guarantee you them, especially a top striker, or the new breed of Ronaldo-like forward who also guarantees goals, go for the most money. Thats why you'd take them for £37 million

Juan Mata is not like RVP or Rooney in that way. He's out of form, he's out of favour, he has more limitations and he doesn't guarantee you a title winning amount of goals like an RVP or Rooney in their prime. There's no comparison

They signed him for 32m. Since then he has A) proven himself at a higher level, B) improved massively, C) become central to their current success and long term future. If they hold onto him for a few years they'll definitely get closer to 100m than 50m. Why on earth would they sell?

Actually he's just come good on the hype before he signed. This is what was expected of him when he was tearing it up in France, the only surprise is that he didnt do it right away

Mata is worth every penny of £37 million. A simply awesome footballer, one which would be a step in the right direction in regards to our style of play.

To be fair, Nev isn't saying our current system is the dog's bollocks. He's just saying Mata wouldn't be an ideal fit in it. Which is true.

Moyes is a pragmatist. If the Fergie model with two more or less traditional wingers isn't working (and it sure as hell doesn't look like it is) he'll be looking to change it, I'm sure. He may be meticulous to the point of being downright sluggish, but he isn't a fool. He won't persist with a model that doesn't work indefinitely.

Mata could go straight in and play in that left sided role Kagawa has failed to impress in. That wouldn't even require any major system overhaul.

I agree if he's available for 37 million we should buy him. It's a lot of money, but I'm not convinced it'd be looking a lot of money if Jose had of been playing him. He's at a good age and would be a boost to the club.

As Dwayne says, anything cheaper than what Arsenal paid for Ozil then we can't really complain considering the circumstances.

In this time machine, going back to when they were 25 (knowing how good they've both become) RVP and Rooney were not going to be the 3rd and 4th best strikers. You'd be buying them to be the best in the league in their position at a point in time. And goals historically drive transfer fees up. Players who guarantee you them, especially a top striker, or the new breed of Ronaldo-like forward who also guarantees goals, go for the most money. Thats why you'd take them for £37 million

Juan Mata is not like RVP or Rooney in that way. He's out of form, he's out of favour, he has more limitations and he doesn't guarantee you a title winning amount of goals like an RVP or Rooney in their prime. There's no comparison

Since the start of his career he's...

Played 211 league games scoring 50 goals and creating 68 assists.

His stats were getting better year on year until Mourinho came in and decided he didn't like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.