Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
As good as he is, it would be really stupid to sign him. We have enough number 10s at the moment and he will cost a fortune.
He just doesn't play as a number 10 though, does he? Like ballbag said he can play 7, 10, and 11, so IMO he would be a brilliant addition. A 3 of Mata, Kagawa and Adnan, who can all interchange and be comfortable playing in all 3 positions behind the striker (more so Mata and Adnan), would open up teams like hot knife thorough butter.

He just doesn't play as a number 10 though, does he? Like ballbag said he can play 7, 10, and 11, so IMO he would be a brilliant addition. A 3 of Mata, Kagawa and Adnan, who can all interchange and be comfortable playing in all 3 positions behind the striker (more so Mata and Adnan), would open up teams like hot knife thorough butter.

And then you're faced with the dilemma of having to bench either RvP or Rooney for the 9 role.

Am I the only one thinking signing Mata doesn't necessarily mean Rooney has to be on his way? He has said he'd like us to sign quality, and you don't get many better players than Mata. Sign him up and offer Rooney whatever he wants.

This.

And then you're faced with the dilemma of having to bench either RvP or Rooney for the 9 role.
I'm working off the assumption that Rooney will eventually go, but if he doesn't then he would easily be able to fit in too.

This muck is probably being pushed by Chelsea as payback for United spinning that Chelsea offered Mata to them in the summer.

They'll probably get Mata to announce that he would never take a step down by moving to United, and sit back and watch another United-In-Crisis shitstorm...

Only that, it wasn't my point. Somebody else made that point. I was only responding to YOUR point about that person's opinions being based on fabricated paper talk, referencing some actual confirmed bids.

I'm hardly expected to actually remember who made what point and when.

Say the club are shitting it now, with the media going so heavy with bullshit and the fan's destined for more disappointment.

Whilst the old PR move is plausible it'd be an amateur move from United given the state of the share prices and the fact fans are slowly losing patience week after week given the pathetic start to 2014.

Claiming we're going to sign a Chelsea outcast for £37m...stinks of a terrible PR move!

Say the club are shitting it now, with the media going so heavy with bullshit and the fan's destined for more disappointment.

It's probably the media who are more than likely fuelling it to be honest.

Not much else going on this week. Stick Utd in the headlines and shift a few papers til a real story comes along.

I thought Arsenal didn't need Ozil and wondered where they would play him. Now they are sitting top of the league playing great stuff. The signing lifted the whole team. Mata could do the same with us.

If anything, Rooney and RVP would be more inclined to stay playing with such a talent.

Whilst the old PR move is plausible it'd be an amateur move from United given the state of the share prices and the fact fans are slowly losing patience week after week given the pathetic start to 2014.

Claiming we're going to sign a Chelsea outcast for £37m...stinks of a terrible PR move!

Daniel Taylor says that the story did not come from the club, which means it most likely came from Mata's agent. He added that journalists were briefed to 'ignore' Mata to United stories early in the window but that now the club are saying 'no comment' to questions about if a bid is going in. He says this leads him to believe that something is going on.

I don't think that Moyes would like this story in the public domain if it was made up. He been really negative about our prospects of landing a player of note in this window. The club falsely getting hopes up would go against everything that has come out of the club previously this window.

Nice spin you're putting on this. Do you just enjoy sticking it to United?

He may be a Chelsea 'outcast', but he's one of their best players and one of the best in the league. Mourinhos decision to drop him has been criticised by many.

Nice spin you're putting on this. Do you just enjoy sticking it to United?

He may be a Chelsea 'outcast', but he's one of their best players and one of the best in the league. Mourinhos decision to drop him has been criticised by many.
You've taken that the wrong way. I'm saying I don't believe it's the type of PR move we would make.

But at the moment he is indeed an outcast regardless of how good he was pre-Mourinho.

Now Sky Sports are saying that they understand Chelsea are willing to listen to offers.

Pandemonium i tell you

I expect its Chelsea pushing it, trying to pretend he's worth £37 million to them for when they try and swap him with Rooney. Thats obviously a no-go, as if a player who cant get in Chelsea's team and who Mourinho is leading us to believe is so broken he cant be fixed is worth that kind of money. When he leaves Chelsea he'll go for around what Chelsea paid for him, £23.5 million, perhaps bumped up £5 million more if PSG, Monaco, etc. the cash rich clubs fight over him. I expect we could reach an agreement at something like Mata + £10 million for Rooney in the summer.

If it's a PR move by United then we truly have some idiots at the club. Yes, this is what the fans want, being linked to more top quality players that we never end up signing.

I don't know what to make of this, I don't think there's much of a chance of this happening, but then we did sign RvP so who knows.

I expect its Chelsea pushing it, trying to pretend he's worth £37 million to them for when they try and swap him with Rooney. Thats obviously a no-go, as if a player who cant get in Chelsea's team and who Mourinho is leading us to believe is so broken he cant be fixed is worth that kind of money. When he leaves Chelsea he'll go for around what Chelsea paid for him, £23.5 million, perhaps bumped up £5 million more if PSG, Monaco, etc. the cash rich clubs fight over him. I expect we could reach an agreement at something like Mata + £10 million for Rooney in the summer.
I think its Chelsea pushing it alright, but just for pure devilment. Payback...

Ballbag will be on soon reporting about someone trying to kidnap him from the PL HQ.

He'll probably confirm he's definitely going to Spain. ALL Ballbag transfer analysis is the same. Whomever it is, even if they're already playing in Spain...they're going to Spain.

If it's a PR move by United then we truly have some idiots at the club. Yes, this is what the fans want, being linked to more top quality players that we never end up signing.

I don't know what to make of this, I don't think there's much of a chance of this happening, but then we did sign RvP so who knows.

RVP was the best player in the league. Hence why we paid what Arsenal wanted for him despite his age.

According to Chelsea, Mata is 5th best number 10 at the club or something.

RVP was the best player in the league. Hence why we paid what Arsenal wanted for him despite his age.

According to Chelsea, Mata is 5th best number 10 at the club or something.

Jose rates him as the 4th best in the club, but he's probably the 4th best in the league too then.

Status
Not open for further replies.