Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see Chelsea selling to us unless we're agreeing to sell them Rooney in the summer. For that money although Mata would give us a lift and add to creativity I would much prefer that going on a top class central midfielder. Surely Dortmund would accept £37m for Gundogan? That's just the way I feel.
Of course I'd still take Mata. He's a wonderful player. But if you gave me the option of Gundogan or him for the same price I know who I'd choose.
But...

Mata--Rooney--Januzaj
van Persie...

Right, in all seriousness, is there any chance this could be true?

We might be interested but I can't see them selling to us, especially if we don't sell them Rooney.

Van Persie
Januzaj Rooney Mata

or Kagawa in for Rooney if he goes looks infinitely better than Young and Valencia.

We don't need another AM at the moment, but we didn't really need a new striker at the start of last season. Mata could be that spark to (finally) get our season going.

This is just he kind of cobblers Mourinho likes to do now and again. He's already imagining the headlines created by his journalistic disciples:

Mou Beauty! King José throws United-in-crisis some crumbs from the Top Table
Desperate Dave digs deep for Juan(ce)
Maverick Mou mulls Moyes' Multi-million Mata move
We want to shag José

Etc etc

Mata on his day, is unplayable and obviously one of the best players in the league. I think Fletch and Carrick behind Mata Rooney Januzaj would be an outstanding midfield and it would certainly count as a marquee signing, for me.

I don't really believe it for a second, but given the relative unlikelihood of Rooney signing a new contract, I'd let him go to Chelsea if it meant getting Mata. We're always talking about wanting to move away from 4-4-2, well, our two best players both being strikers doesn't help that. Mata would.

But yeah, not happening.

This is just the kind of cobblers Mourinho likes to do now and again. He's already imagining the headlines created by his journalistic disciples:

We want to shag José

Etc etc

:lol: brilliant!

We'd all obviously cum our knickers if this happened, but it won't.
Chelsea know that Rooney won't be going to another PL club, so I think their interest in him has waned. They also know that even if they do sell us Mata, we won't be challenging them for the league, they'd also be getting close to £40 mill, for a player they don't want/need. I'm gogin to go full muppet and decide that this story has legs. It has young Forest Gump type legs, with stupid looking braces on them that make him walk funny, but they are legs none the less.

Chelsea know that Rooney won't be going to another PL club, so I think their interest in him has waned. They also know that even if they do sell us Mata, we won't be challenging them for the league, they'd also be getting close to £40 mill, for a player they don't want/need. I'm gogin to go full muppet and decide that this story has legs. It has young Forest Gump type legs, with stupid looking braces on them that make him walk funny, but they are legs none the less.

It's only one short jog away from breaking out of the stupid braces and becoming a magnificent retard of a transfer saga.

Can't even bother getting excited. Even if we got him Moyes would probably just shove him out on the left wing opposite Valencia in a 4-4-2, then sit there scratching his head wondering why it isn't working.

The thought of him playing for United hurts me. More because of how loveable the little scamp is, rather than his ability. It would also increase the odds of Rooney coming here which is something I don't want. If Mata has to go, it has to be abroad. Ideal situation is that he improves his defensive work and returns to the first team.

The thought of him playing for United hurts me. More because of how loveable the little scamp is, rather than his ability. It would also increase the odds of Rooney coming here which is something I don't want. If Mata has to go, it has to be abroad. Ideal situation is that he improves his defensive work and returns to the first team.

He's one of, if not the most likeable player in the league.

I also don't agree with this idea that this deal impacts the rooney deal. If anything I think the opposite is true. We need to get Cl to keep Rooney.

He's one of, if not the most likeable player in the league.

I also don't agree with this idea that this deal impacts the rooney deal. If anything I think the opposite is true. We need to get Cl to keep Rooney.

He's got such a cheeky lil face. Has virtually no bad personality traits. Would it even be possible for me to not love him even at United? I still think Rooney will leave regardless of United's finishing positions. I'm not sure how much I believe the papers about the transfer anyway. A loan move actually makes a lot of sense but not a transfer to a rival.

This is just he kind of cobblers Mourinho likes to do now and again. He's already imagining the headlines created by his journalistic disciples:

Mou Beauty! King José throws United-in-crisis™ some crumbs from the Top Table
We want to shag José

Etc etc

:lol: There's a job waiting for you at The Sun.

A part of me is saying this could happen.

The other, more realistic side of me is saying that the papers needed to link us with one big name signing that would make the most sense. I don't believe we will get him. But if we do, feck me sideways - I'd be thrilled.

He would bring that creativity to our side that we are massively lacking right now. And if we see the back of Rooney then who the feck cares? We shouldn't keep a player who has wanted to leave the last 3+ years now. Mata would love to play for United and he would be our most creative and possibly our most important player. 37M is a lot, but in todays market you can't complain that much - especially having considered we paid 27 for Maroune fecking Fellaini ffs!

GNav said that he isnt sure how Mata would play in a traditional United setup with speedy wingers etc. Cant be on the wings because he's too slow. We already have a Top 2 pairing of Rooney-RVP.

So is Moyes changing the way we play permanently into a diamond?

GNav said that he isnt sure how Mata would play in a traditional United setup with speedy wingers etc. Cant be on the wings because he's too slow. We already have a Top 2 pairing of Rooney-RVP.

Maybe GNev needs to get with the time. I mean there aren't many world class consistent wingers out there. Di Maria is the only who might be available.

So we need to look for players more like Mata rather than another Valencia.

If he wants to catch up to modern day football then he better, yes. If he wants to turn us into Everton then he can stick with his 4-4-2.

We want to shag José

Etc etc

:lol:

Neville says a lot of things. At the start of the season he was declaring that Manchester United would change Moyes and that he has to play traditional wingers. Which isn't the case at all.

Neville says a lot of things. At the start of the season he was declaring that Manchester United would change Moyes and that he has to play traditional wingers. Which isn't the case at all.

So basically ignore Gary Neville and continue muppeting.

As fantastic as Mata is and as much as I wouldn't mind the club spending big money on him (the reported fee is crazy though). I honestly can't find a way he fits United.

Status
Not open for further replies.