Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that's good enough for me...

BedT5vEIgAARSM_.jpg

BeaSV5RIYAEsDHk.jpg

Slight change of subject here but, we go on about SAF attending games, what the hell is Gill doing at all thee matches?

"See Ed, that's a football...That round thing? Yeah that's it...Keep it up you're doing great"

He definitely wouldn't be my first priority, but he would also help quite a bit. Imagine Januzaj and Mata out wide with any of Rooney/Welbeck/Kagawa and RvP up top. We still desperately need a center mid but Mata would definitely make a bog impact.

That said, I have no confidence whatsoever that this will happen.

Slight change of subject here but, we go on about SAF attending games, what the hell is Gill doing at all thee matches?

Showing Ed how to sort out a transfer deal obviously. Woody was shadowing him for the day and taking notes in the corner.

Would be a brilliant signing. Of course we still need a midfielder, but if Mata is available to buy, and he is willing to come, then we should do all we can to bring him in. Let's be honest here, nobody in midfield is good enough to start for the club at the moment, whether it be wingers, attacking mids, defensive mids, or center mids. Rooney and Van Persie are both strikers, and one might leave in the summer and those two are the only players pretty much in our front 6 who you can consider top players. Januzaj will become one in a few years, but he isn't there yet. There would definitely be space for Mata.

RVP​
Mata Rooney Januzaj​
That would be a brilliant front 4, a more narrow formation with overlapping fullbacks. Out and out wingers are a thing of the past anyway, most wingers these days are of the Januzaj mold or the Nani mold, so we should stop trying to constantly have a flat midfield with 2 wide players hugging the touch line. Move on with the times. Mata, 2 very good midfielders and a left back and our starting lineup is sorted. Unless Rooney is sold, then either we put in Nani or buy a winger.​

Would be a brilliant signing. Of course we still need a midfielder, but if Mata is available to buy, and he is willing to come, then we should do all we can to bring him in. Let's be honest here, nobody in midfield is good enough to start for the club at the moment, whether it be wingers, attacking mids, defensive mids, or center mids. Rooney and Van Persie are both strikers, and one might leave in the summer and those two are the only players pretty much in our front 6 who you can consider top players. Januzaj will become one in a few years, but he isn't there yet. There would definitely be space for Mata.

RVP​
Mata Rooney Januzaj​
That would be a brilliant front 4, a more narrow formation with overlapping fullbacks. Out and out wingers are a thing of the past anyway, most wingers these days are of the Januzaj mold or the Nani mold, so we should stop trying to constantly have a flat midfield with 2 wide players hugging the touch line. Move on with the times. Mata, 2 very good midfielders and a left back and our starting lineup is sorted. Unless Rooney is sold, then either we put in Nani or buy a winger.

You whack in Carrick and Fletcher or Fellaini in there behind that and we are golden. In fact if we had that level of creativity in the top 4 my first concern would be LB rather than midfield from here on.

My point being that you don't need to buy the player you need for the transfer to be a huge success and to give the club a lift.

We NEED a CM but Mata would be an amazing addition.

Completely agree. Basically the only world class player that we could say we wouldn't need would be a striker. Any other player would be a huge lift to the team and make the others play a lot better, in basically any outfield position.

A lot of tomorrows papers saying he is on his way to us. A lot more smoke than usual ?

He'd be costing a lot less that Ozil did, and I reckon he'll be far more productive for us than Ozil at Arsenal, who has lost the ability to influence games as he did on his arrival! For £37 million I would take him.He's not a CM though is he, so we'll have one of those and a LB Woody thank you please!

with our awful wingers I'm coming round to the idea of playing more narrow and swamping the midfield a bit more

Januzaj, Mata, Rooney are players with terrific movement and Nani, Valencia and others could offer pace if needed

My point being that you don't need to buy the player you need for the transfer to be a huge success and to give the club a lift.

We NEED a CM but Mata would be an amazing addition.

I'm not sure how we'd be able to accommodate Rooney and Mata in the same side. That is unless Moyes tinkers with the formation. I'd rather we not spunk £37m on a number a 10. Ironically we've already wasted £27m on a player who's best position...is...a number 10 role.

You whack in Carrick and Fletcher or Fellaini in there behind that and we are golden. In fact if we had that level of creativity in the top 4 my first concern would be LB rather than midfield from here on.

Yup, 2 midfielders would be enough to bring that team to one of the top teams in the world, but I think we'd need 1 still. Wouldn't need to be a really creative player, just a good young, quick, good on the ball and proper all around midfielder, next to one of our defensive mids to go along with the rest. Hell I'm sure even Cleverley would look pretty good alongside all of them.

--------------DDG--------------
--------Smalling-Jones---------
Rafael----------------Coentrao
--------Carrick-Fletcher--------
Januzaj-----Rooney-----Mata
---------------RvP--------------

Don't mind if i do...

Mourinho's quote after the chelsea match that he wants us to do well since chelsea wont play us again but we still have to play their rivals makes me think this could actually happen.

Picked up on that also, he is a crafty old fox is Maureen.

---------Rooney---RVP
---Mata-----Januzaj-----Kagawa
-------------Carrick
Evra-----------------------Rafael
---------Vidic------Evans
---------------DDG

Feck it.

The way I see it:
  • We shouldn't be buying Rooney's replacement after Rooney leaves.
  • Signing Mata would prepare us for Rooney's departure, whilst also showing him that we are still a club challenging for the title and future titles.
  • A marquee signing should help to boost the squad's morale.
  • £37m is a hell of a lot more than £25m, and as long as Fellaini becomes a good squad player at minimum then there won't be such a massive fuss over his price tag in comparison to Mata's.
  • It shouldn't be a concern if he's cup tied, players of Mata's ilk will help United to get into a league position where there'll be European football next season.

Bid submitted next January then.

I literally couldn't give a feck if we 'over pay' for Mata, my only concern would be how we would actually play him and what that means for the likes of Rooney, RVP and Kagawa.
He'd slot in anywhere behind our striker and instantly be miles better than most of our options. If Rooney still wants to leave then the Glazers aren't going to want to lose him on a free. Right now I think we should focus on the present and that is doing all we can to finish fourth.

• £37m is a hell of a lot more than £25m, and as long as Fellaini becomes a good squad player at minimum then there won't be such a massive fuss over his price tag in comparison to Mata's.

Fellaini is Andersons replacement. Club hairdresser needs to be kept busy.

It's now obvious that we threw the Chelsea game so we'd be out of the title race & then José would let us sign Juan Mattress.

Mata on the left would surely be suicidal defensively? Unless both Carrick and Fletcher sit extremely deep.

How do Chelsea make it work with Willian Hazard and Oscar? Or Madrid last season with Ronaldo, Ozil and Di Maria with Benzema up top? Or this season with Ronaldo, Benzema, Bale and Isco? Or Bayern with Robben and Ribery? We're the only team who picks wingers for defensive qualities.

It's now obvious that we threw the Chelsea game so we'd be out of the title race & then José would let us sign Juan Mattress.

"Manchester United are proud to announce a sponsorship deal with Juan Mattress...The leading Spanish bedding manufacturer"

I would not be surprised

Chelsea paid like £25m for him didn't they? £37m is not bad when you look at it like that. He's only 25 too. Does also help that he has an absolute magic wand of a left foot and had 35 assists last season.

How do Chelsea make it work with Willian Hazard and Oscar? Or Madrid last season with Ronaldo, Ozil and Di Maria with Benzema up top? Or this season with Ronaldo, Benzema, Bale and Isco? Or Bayern with Robben and Ribery? We're the only team who picks wingers for defensive qualities.

Apart from England. :(

City seem to do ok, but their midfield actually has moving parts.

Mata on the left would surely be suicidal defensively? Unless both Carrick and Fletcher sit extremely deep.

Not being funny but who cares about his defensive game, the guy is a magician of a player that would get in virtually any team in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.