Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would they accept a flipping loan when they can get £37m.. Seriously?? In regards to Gundogan and Vidal it's quite obvious they will not sell them players in January unless we offer stupid money.
Others have outlined why Mata being here for the rest of this season would be beneficial to Chelsea, I think that would be the bottom line in Mourinho's eyes.

When have Chelsea, under Abramovich, ever sold a player because the money on the table was the priority? I guess if you believe in the FFP, it'd make it worth their time from a financial POV, but I think that's (FFP) a load of bollocks.

What season was Nani the best player in the league?

He didn't say the best player in the league, he said one of the best players in the league. The best player in the league last season was between Bale/RvP, but Mata was one of the best players. A couple of years ago, Nani was one of the best players in the league, not 'the' best player, but one of the best.

Mourinho's quote after the chelsea match that he wants us to do well since chelsea wont play us again but we still have to play their rivals makes me think this could actually happen. Mata would be happy as he could play before the world cup. We would obviously be thrilled as Mata would improve us, and chelsea would be selling an unhappy (and superfluous) player at a healthy profit. It sounds like a good deal for all involved.

All we're doing is wasting our time if this is true. Chelsea won't sell to us you gimps.

£37m for a player that they don't want and who hasn't even played since January 1st? It's unlikely but I reckon they might if the lad pushes for it.

I fecking hate transfer windows

Moyes: "We're trying to sign the best players in the world. They all want to come here"
Journos: "Manchester United bidding for supremo Juan Mata"
United: "Are we feck!!"

Head feck!!!

I would feel defellated if this happened... i'd rather Cabaye then even though i am of the opinion that he is not adequate for us ...

923057_406344062844465_68552230_n.jpg

Huh? Thought we denied it?

Two papers say we're going to make a bid, one paper says that United have denied that a bid has been lodged so far. No doubt Moyes will be asked about it on Wednesday, but I'd take both sides that papers are reporting with a pinch of salt.

I fecking hate transfer windows

Moyes: "We're trying to sign the best players in the world. They all want to come here"
Journos: "Manchester United bidding for supremo Juan Mata"
United: "Are we feck!!"

Head feck!!!

:lol:

£37m for a player that they don't want and who hasn't even played since January 1st? It's unlikely but I reckon they might if the lad pushes for it.

Money doesn't concern them. Why would they sell a player to a rival which would enhance their squad? Look at it from their perspective, there is zero need for them to sell to us. It's in their best interests to see us outside of the top 4 this season. Makes no sense at all from Chelseas perspective.

All we're doing is wasting our time if this is true. Chelsea won't sell to us you gimps.
Under usual circumstances I would agree mate (By that I mean United up top fighting for honours). But there are some very good reasons to say he will.

Jose doesn't like
37m too good to turn down
We aren't up there fighting for top spot, and Mata would help us against the teams fighting with Chelsea(Jose knows this)
Mata would want to be playing leading up to the world cup
They want Rooney and would most prob get him if we get Mata

Ah bollocks. We're 'preparing' a bid. We all know how long that takes us...

Two papers say we're going to make a bid, one paper says that United have denied that a bid has been lodged so far. No doubt Moyes will be asked about it on Wednesday, but I'd take both sides that papers are reporting with a pinch of salt.

Presser not tomorrow no?

Either way it's still a head feck Damien!!! My laptop can't handle Football Manager so I have to rely on reality and David Moyes for tasty transfers...I've turned into one of them guys who F5's (Not the wrestling move) the shit out of his keyboard when on this forum during silly season!

Under usual circumstances I would agree mate (By that I mean United up top fighting for honours). But there are some very good reasons to say he will.

Jose doesn't like
37m too good to turn down
We aren't up there fighting for top spot, and Mata would help us against the teams fighting with Chelsea(Jose knows this)
Mata would want to be playing leading up to the world cup
They want Rooney and would most prob get him if we get Mata
All true but maybe Rooney will stay if the likes of Mata arrive!

Presser not tomorrow no?

Either way it's still a head feck Damien!!! My laptop can't handle Football Manager so I have to rely on reality and David Moyes for tasty transfers...I've turned into one of them guys who F5's (Not the wrestling move) the shit out of his keyboard when on this forum during silly season!

True, forgot about the presser. I was thinking of post match interview or something but no doubt he'll be asked about it tomorrow, and he'll either do his thing of saying United are always in for the best players, or deny it completely.

would be a good signing though 37 million is waaaay too much

Fans should look at this differently

Signing someone of Mata's quality would be a coup for Moyes/Woodward, take the pressure off Fellaini, lift the squad and on the Rooney issue - I think signing players of Mata's quality would make it more likely for Rooney to stay

Ah bollocks. We're 'preparing' a bid. We all know how long that takes us...

Bid submitted next January then.

I literally couldn't give a feck if we 'over pay' for Mata, my only concern would be how we would actually play him and what that means for the likes of Rooney, RVP and Kagawa.

All true but maybe Rooney will stay if the likes of Mata arrive!

That would be a stroke of genius.

Sell everyone the first option on Rooney leaving as part of all negotiations knowing full well that once we have the right players signed up he won't want to leave...

Money doesn't concern them. Why would they sell a player to a rival which would enhance their squad? Look at it from their perspective, there is zero need for them to sell to us. It's in their best interests to see us outside of the top 4 this season. Makes no sense at all from Chelseas perspective.

A pre-contract agreement concerning a Rooney transfer in the summer [if he's unwiling to renew at OT] might bridge that gap, although they'd have to sacrifice a few million for that.

Of course money concerns them. Chelsea actually seemed to be making an effort recently to get closer to break even and if Mata is unwanted as is patently obvious then you don't turn down 37m bids. No matter how rich you are you cant leave 37m on the bench month after month.

True, forgot about the presser. I was thinking of post match interview or something but no doubt he'll be asked about it tomorrow, and he'll either do his thing of saying United are always in for the best players, or deny it completely.

"Are you in for Juan Mata David?"
"We're always in for the best players in the world Geoff...They all want to come here"
"Can you give us some more info David?"
"Nothing except we move on and try win the next game"

Of course money concerns them. Chelsea actually seemed to be making an effort recently to get closer to break even and if Mata is unwanted as is patently obvious then you don't turn down 37m bids. No matter how rich you are you cant leave 37m on the bench month after month.

Also, with FFP, clubs can only lose a small amount of money over three seasons or whatever, so regardless of how much they have in the bank, they might sell for a large fee so they can re-invest it on players coming in.

It'll certainly make sense if there's an agreement that the Rooney price has already been agreed for the summer and it is in effect a swap but we get our man now because he needs to play to make it to the WC.

Anyway £37m is an absolute feckload of money, dress it up any way you want that it wouldn't sway them. It would be their club record sale and by some distance. They could use that towards going to buy Vidal or the like themselves and streak further clear of us in any case Mata or no Mata.

I will cry tears of joy if this happens.. might have an open air wank down the high-street as well

Nah, they'd be more prepared to accept a 10m loss and sell him abroad than sell to a rival IMO Irwin. To say we aren't a rival to Chelsea is absurd, yeah we might have fecked it up this season, but Chelsea will know that if we sign the likes of Mata, we'd bounce back next season. Don't see it happening Irwin. It's a bit like the Heinze situation, at that point we didn't give a shit about money and would never sell him to Liverpool, no matter what they offered. Same applies here imo. I really don't see it. Chelsea would be bonkers to sell him to us.

Well, that's good enough for me...

BedT5vEIgAARSM_.jpg

BeaSV5RIYAEsDHk.jpg

It'll certainly make sense if there's an agreement that the Rooney price has already been agreed for the summer and it is in effect a swap but we get our man now because he needs to play to make it to the WC.

Anyway £37m is an absolute feckload of money, dress it up any way you want that it wouldn't sway them. It would be their club record sale and by some distance. They could use that towards going to buy Vidal or the like themselves and streak further clear of us in any case Mata or no Mata.

Again, I think us buying Mata would make Rooney leaving less likely rather than more likely. The two transfers if one or both happen will be completely independent of each other.

would be a good signing though 37 million is waaaay too much

Fans should look at this differently

Signing someone of Mata's quality would be a coup for Moyes/Woodward, take the pressure off Fellaini, lift the squad and on the Rooney issue - I think signing players of Mata's quality would make it more likely for Rooney to stay
He'd be costing a lot less that Ozil did, and I reckon he'll be far more productive for us than Ozil at Arsenal, who has lost the ability to influence games as he did on his arrival! For £37 million I would take him.He's not a CM though is he, so we'll have one of those and a LB Woody thank you please!

Status
Not open for further replies.