Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be a huge signing for us. This is the kind of quality we need to go for.

It's happening folks. I feel it!

We do not need him. Save the 37 million and use it as a buffer on top of the standard 20 million bids in the summer for world class central midfielders or wingers. They might actually sell one to us then.

Player swaps are rare. If Mata comes it doesn't necessarily mean Rooney is going in the other direction.
I agree, but more than likely he will in the summer.

A deal, which would break United’s transfer record, has been discussed with intermediaries. United would have to offer around £37 million for the 25-year-old Spain international in the hope of pushing a deal through.
United sources insisted on Monday night that no bid had been made but it is understood that the club do admire Mata and might consider a move.

From the Telegraph article. Sounds like on point with what we've been hearing from two consecutive windows now.

Potentially gifting them the title? That'd be a concern in my book.

Instead of who Man City? I don't giving Rooney Chelsea and us going out an signing say a Cavarni.. gives them the title. But it makes it a bloody interest league.

Potentially gifting them the title? That'd be a concern in my book.

If they don't sign Rooney, they will inevitably sign a Falcao or Costa eventually anyway. Chelsea are the least of our worries at the moment, with Mourinho at the helm and as long as they have constant financial backing, they will be a Premier League force for the foreseeable future.

As sad as it is, we have to prioritize establishing ourselves back into the top four and building from the there. Us and Chelsea realistically both have different motives.

Shit article with shit journo guessing. Relieved we are not falling into the trap of acquiring another luxury player and lessen our budget for a saucy summer.

Completely false.

Two shite journos. They put their heads together and came up with this.

I can't imagine Chelsea would sell him to us without Rooney going in the other direction..

However, this is Mourinho - he has a huge ego, and he likes to do things which could be considered a risk, as brave or whatever. Maybe he would be ok selling Mata to us, and saying that he doesn't worry, that he's happy with the squad without Mata, that he doesn't need to care about who he sells to and doesn't need to worry about rivals but concentrate on themselves.

Posted in August.

I think his ego is actually the one chance we have at getting Mata. I very much don't believe it will happen, but there's a small chance.

Mourinho is confident that we aren't in the title race this season - he'd love to be able to point out that they won the league despite selling Mata to a rival. He'd also love to be able to laud it over us in the summer when they inevitably come back for Rooney. Suggesting that it's perhaps small time or cowardice to not to sell to a rival (like he said last summer), but with his sale of Mata able to back it up.

Posted at the start of Jan.

I stand by both of these. Especially now we're 'out' of the title race.

'Jose, I thought you didn't sell to title rivals'
'I don't'

twat.

Shit article with shit journo guessing. Relieved we are not falling into the trap of acquiring another luxury player and lessen our budget for a saucy summer.

Luxury player but a damn productive one. And the most important thing of all is it might just bring our football and formation into the 21st century.

£37M for a player who isn't even a 1st team regular? Nonsense!

Maybe we can get £30M for Nani after all...

He's clearly good enough to be a first team regular at most top teams in the world. There was talk of Real Madrid and Barca licking their lips at signing him when he was in blistering form last season. 37m would be more than worth it if Mata produced his best for us.

It's hard to take anything you say seriously considering you were desperate for us to sign Fellaini.

If we have £37m spare, it should be getting thrown at Juventus as an opening bid for Vidal or used in part to tempt Dortmund and Gundogan.

I like Mata but absolutely hate the idea of us giving Rooney to Chelsea, which is the only way I can see Chelsea even entertaining an outright sale. A loan makes the most sense for them and the player.

If we have £37m spare, it should be getting thrown at Juventus as an opening bid for Vidal or used in part to tempt Dortmund and Gundogan.

I like Mata but absolutely hate the idea of us giving Rooney to Chelsea, which is the only way I can see Chelsea even entertaining an outright sale. A loan makes the most sense for them and the player.

Why would they accept a flipping loan when they can get £37m.. Seriously?? In regards to Gundogan and Vidal it's quite obvious they will not sell them players in January unless we offer stupid money.

Fantastic player, but certainly better ways to spend £37m. I agree the club needs a statement signing, but that doesn't mean we should go and buy Manuel Neuer now. If he comes, and delivers his best, we are in for a treat though.

Spending this money on a player in his role would indicate to me that Moyes still believes Fellaini is the one to turn things around in the centre.

He was a couple of seasons ago though wasn't he, United's player of the season and the inspiration for a title win. Did Chavs win the title with Mata as the inspiration last season?

What season was Nani the best player in the league?

Fantastic player, but certainly better ways to spend £37m. I agree the club needs a statement signing, but that doesn't mean we should go and buy Manuel Neuer now. If he comes, and delivers his best, we are in for a treat though.

Spending this money on a player in his role would indicate to me that Moyes still believes Fellaini is the one to turn things around in the centre.

:confused:

Considering how Mourinho views Mata and reduced game time this season, that's quite a lot more than they are likely to get from a continental buyer.

Mata now to help Moyes secure 4th and a commitment to sell Rooney in the summer? Chelsea would go for that.

Until i hear new of an official bid i remain sceptical however.

Aye, I suppose. Muppet hat back on then. ;)

Edit: @Damien

Status
Not open for further replies.