Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally... nay. Don't want to see the back of Rooney, he would transform Chelsea to a title winning side, and cause us too many problems.

In the summer, I was all for this swap deal happening. Rooney's form since has changed my mind but I think he wants out and if we don't have Champions League then we don't really have a lot of power. So if he's leaving, then I'd be all for getting in a player like Mata to soften the blow.

---- Carrick - Fletcher --
Januzaj - Kagawa - Mata
--------- Rooney -------

We'd actually start playing something that looks like football. Switch Fletcher with Gündogan and Evra(:() with a Coentrao, and we're on fire.

Great player and another world class player added to our ranks.

Wouldn't say no. We'd have trouble fitting him but a signing like this would give the players a massive lift.

If there's a 37m offer then he's ours.

What a signal of intent that would be. Mata in, Rooney and RvP back. feck me we would actually resemble a decent team.

When they could wait six months and sell him to PSG for a similar amount?

Why would PSG pay it? You seem to forget it is Chelsea that do not need Mata. PSG would only realistically be competing with Athletico Madrid and they are not going to pay that. In the summer i can guarantee we wont be offering £37m for Mata.

You really think PSG will cough that up?

Get rid of our useless wingers and that whole flawed, archaic philosophy and use modern, clever footballers like Mata who operate from wide but drift inside. Modern football.

This would be incredible if it happened. It is exactly what Moyes and the club needs. The return of Van Persie and the signing of Mata could rescue the season.

So are we marking this down as likely, or still a load of bullshit?

Get rid of our useless wingers and that whole flawed, archaic philosophy and use modern, clever footballers like Mata who operate from wide but drift inside. Modern football.

Absolutely no reason to be even in for Mata unless this is the intention.

MatON

What a signal of intent that would be. Mata in, Rooney and RvP back. feck me we would actually resemble a decent team.

That'll really make our 'pass it to Valencia' tactical approach, shine!

Those who are saying we would sell him to United to hurt the top teams as United aren't a title threat anymore are forgetting that there is a next season in the EPL!

This would be incredible if it happened. It is exactly what Moyes and the club needs. The return of Van Persie and the signing of Mata could rescue the season.
Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. Make. It. Happen.

Great player and another world class player added to our ranks.

Wouldn't say no. We'd have trouble fitting him but a signing like this would give the players a massive lift.

How on earth would we have trouble fitting him in?

He can play across all 3 positions, so can Januzaj, and he's the only one worth keeping.

On the subject, Mata-Januzaj-Kagawa could be a drool worthy trio.

It would be a lift the whole club and the fans need...

Whether you want Moyes gone or not, or are frustrated with our players, there is too much doom and gloom around the club right now.

A signing of his quality and reputation would give everyone a massive lift

Clearly after the summer their must be something in it, but if Chelsea allow him to join us it can only mean Rooney going in the other direction.

Not really sure how I feel about that but we cannot stop him leaving, I would rather get somebody quality in like mata.

It'd mean Kagawa could leave, which is interesting, because I think a swap deal of cash plus Kagawa for Gundogan would seriously tempt Klopp, they're going to lose him in the summer anyway, but we can offer them Kagawa now.

My Chelsea ITK mate who is usually very reliable tells me there's no way Abramovich would sanction such a deal even if the manager didn't mind.

Those who are saying we would sell him to United to hurt the top teams as United aren't a title threat anymore are forgetting that there is a next season in the EPL!

£37m is overpriced for his current non-playing status. We are overpaying again it seems but this time it's worth it. Suspect there's an agreement for Rooney at a lesser price at the end of the season in this. Both parties happy I guess.

Spend spend spend. £37m now. £15m on Coentrao. £100m in the summer minimum.

Nobody can say we're not an attractive place to play with Rooney, RVP and Mata up front. Get a centre midfielder, flog Rooney on deadline day after putting butter in his protein shakes all pre-season and we're laughing.

Can't see this happening. Mourinho obviously doesn't like Mata but he's not daft enough to sell him to a rival when he doesn't have to.

This transfer makes a lot of sense, actually.

1. Mourinho doesn't rate him.
2. Mourinho doesn't need him.
3. Chelsea, while stinking rich, cannot afford to say no to 37 million for a player they don't even use.
4. Given our points total, we are no longer direct rivals to Chelsea. We are too far behind.
5. Mata, while an excellent signing, wont just solve all our problems. We still need to sort out our central midfield, and arguably leftback.

There is no way we're going to sell Rooney to Chelsea, if we're paying £37m for Mata then Chelsea are accepting it because it's an absolute shit ton of money for a player who Mourinho has already said can leave, not because there's some secret agreement to sell them Rooney. I still doubt Chelsea will sell us Mata though.

My Chelsea ITK mate who is usually very reliable tells me there's no way Abramovich would sanction such a deal even if the manager didn't mind.
Unless Rooney goes the other way of course. I'm firmly of the belief they were the ones that leaked the swap deal in the summer.

I refused to get sucked in by this story all along, but I'd take hand and all of Chelsea for Mata at that price.

He'd potentially, along with a firing van Persie, Kagawa and Januzaj, turn around our whole campaign.

A team full of fecking lefties!

:drool:

And obviously Rooney, too.

I have major doubts on this as well. Its only the timing of these rumours coming out that makes me think there's anything to this.

I refused to get sucked in by this story all along, but I'd take hand and all of Chelsea for Mata at that price.

He'd potentially, along with a firing van Persie, Kagawa and Januzaj, turn around our show campaign.

A team full of fecking lefties!

:drool:

The footballing equivalent of the CE Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.