Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
RVP
MATA-ROONEY-JANUJAZ
Fletcher-Carrick

That doesn't look bad to me..

I'd prefer Van Persie to play more central but other than that it's a millions miles better than what we have.

Not keen on Mata myself. I'd rather we play and develop Januzaj in that role instead. And I see no need to sign Mata to play out wide. We would have no real pace going forward with a front 4 of Januzaj, Mata, Rooney and Persie. I'd rather someone a bit quicker and/or stronger than Mata.

Not keen on Mata myself. I'd rather we play and develop Januzaj in that role instead. And I see no need to sign Mata to play out wide. We would have no real pace going forward with a front 4 of Januzaj, Mata, Rooney and Persie. I'd rather someone a bit quicker and/or stronger than Mata.

Like Valencia? :D

Kidding, I did understand what you meant, but I think a little more technique in the squad would help us to no end - just look at the difference in our play with and without Januzaj (who at the minute is nothing more than technique, as he offers no physicality, tactical nous or experience). Whether or not Mata is the right man, he is the sort of player we should be after (other than obvious midfield solutions), in terms of caliber and style.

RVP
MATA-ROONEY-JANUJAZ
Fletcher-Carrick

That doesn't look bad to me..

Then... in the Summer:

RVP​
Mata - Rooney - Januzaj​
Gundogan - Vidal​

...and all of a sudden we have a title winning side.

Worth every penny... Get fourth and rebuild in the summer. With or without Rooney.

Quality player and worth the money but can't see both Kagawa and Rooney staying if he arrives.

Wayne's already on gardening leave, so this is a Moyes/José masterplan to soften the blow of Rooney leaving for Chelsea in the summer. #conspiracy

If we're getting Mata, Rooney is more or less guaranteed to be off to Chelsea in the summer.

So, Mata for Rooney, yay or nay?

Then... in the Summer:

RVP​
Mata - Rooney - Januzaj​
Gundogan - Vidal​

...and all of a sudden we have a title winning side.

Gundogan, maybe, but Vidal won't happen. But yeah, either one of them aside Carrick or a new creative midfielder would transform us into a title winning side, in my opinion. To be fair, we look worse off than we actually are. We're only a left back, a winger and a central midfielder away from being a title winning side, it's just a case of nobody really being available.

Quality player and worth the money but can't see both Kagawa and Rooney staying if he arrives.

Harsh but I couldn't give two fecks if Kagawa has to make way for Mata. Guy is immensely overrated and just hasn't delivered for us.

They are discussing it in depth on MNF, they believe it. Neville still banging on about the philosophy.

It would spell the end of Rooney if we get him. I'd prefer it not to happen, but if Rooney is 100% going, then we may as well.

Definitely the type of player we need more of.

With that being said, I can't see this happening in January.

Edit: THEN AGAIN, Chelsea have no fear about us now. They've faced us twice, we won't face them in FA Cup as we're out and Mata would be cup tied in CL so he couldn't face them even if we drew them. He'd give us a player who will be able to hurt the other top teams. It won't harm them at all if we suddenly start winning games, as they are too far ahead.

I must say, Mourinho is a fecking genius if this actually happens.

I'd be surprised if we signed Mata without an agreement on future Rooney sale

I cannot believe Mourinho would do this just to sabotage the title rivals.

Aye??? Think it would be more the £37m for a squad player... Not denting rivals. If they offered us £37m for Kagawa i'm sure we would take it.

Personally... nay. Don't want to see the back of Rooney, he would transform Chelsea to a title winning side, and cause us too many problems.
We've hopefully had the best years of Rooney anyway, if he were to leave. And honestly we won't get a better replacement than Mata if we miss out on the top 4.

Personally... nay. Don't want to see the back of Rooney, he would transform Chelsea to a title winning side, and cause us too many problems.

:confused: Really?? Is that our major concern now?

Am I the only one thinking signing Mata doesn't necessarily mean Rooney has to be on his way? He has said he'd like us to sign quality, and you don't get many better players than Mata. Sign him up and offer Rooney whatever he wants.

Would be a terrific signing and would give the team a lift we desperately need. Do it Moyes!

Status
Not open for further replies.