Get a little Spaniard in

Get about as oiled as a diesel train
Gonna set my pants alight
`Cause Mata-day's quite the sight I like
Mata-day's quite alright alright alright

Mata-day, Mata-day, Mata-day
Mata-day, Mata-day, Mata-day quite alright

I don't think there's any signing in world football that could please me more than this.

We're getting a fantastic player, Liverpool are fecked over by Chelsea and subsequently might miss out on top four as a direct result, Wenger's pissed off and it gives the whole club a lift.

It's fecking brilliant. I'm buzzing. I never really dared to believe this would happen.

It's basically the perfect deal for us.

It'd be even better if he can produce his Chelsea form for us...

Aye, I sensed that too. He was being very diplomatic but at the same time maybe he is preparing another Rooney bid in the summer.

That's of course if first dibs at Rooney, if he doesn't agree a contract with us, was part of the Mata deal?

It's one last desperate attempt at stopping Rooney signing that deal. I just hope he's already put crayon to paper.

No-one just hear the sky sports reporter at Carrington? Said that he's led to believe that Rooney will be looking to sign a new contract on the back of the signing of someone like Mata

No chance now that he's Chelsea manager. Also, he apparently intends to retire by sixty and wants to manage Portugal before he retires. Doesn't leave him much time to manage us in between.
That surprises me. I would have thought he's the sort to want to break every single managerial record to have ever existed given his massive ego.

Two things could be happening here:

1. He is selling us Mata and talking all this good shit because come summer they will be coming in for Rooney.
2. He is trying to strengthen us (and weaken chelski) because he is taking over as manager in the summer!

This thread (and mourinho) has truly mind fecked me.

I think neither. He has a big ego and being considered to be 'brave' fills it.

Funny because he can get away with selling a player to a rival and be considered brave, respectful etc. etc. and not weak like Wenger.

He made good points. It was a fantastic price, good profit and goes towards a striker in the summer. It was respectful of the player to let him go to United, a player they don't need. I think this whole taking points from rivals is being overplayed, it's very short-termism and Mourinho isn't stupid. It'll just be a nice bonus.

Another perspective....

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/jan/23/juan-mata-manchester-united-mesut-ozil

Could be worse, could be another Andy Carroll I guess.

Jesus... stopped reading at "United could have had the real Özil, not just an out-of-favour imitation".

Right, Mata is just an imitation Ozil... that's what everybody has always said, right?

And Ozil definitely wasn't out of favour, was he? Arsenal had to battle tooth and nail to get Madrid to give their prize asset up, IIRC.

That surprises me. I would have thought he's the sort to want to break every single managerial record to have ever existed given his massive ego.
All that could change now of course, but I reckon he knows he'll be chasing Guardiola his entire career.

Jesus... stopped reading at "United could have had the real Özil, not just an out-of-favour imitation".

Right, Mata is just an imitation Ozil... that's what everybody has always said, right?

And Ozil definitely wasn't out of favour, was he? Arsenal had to battle tooth and nail to get Madrid to give their prize asset up, IIRC.
It is a shite article, point by point it is just complete nonsense.

This still isn't sinking in.

I'm really happy about the signing of course, but I don't think I'll celebrate until tonight, or when it's announced.

All I know is I'll be having a drink to the Spanish Hobbit prince.

It's getting late have you seen date
Ma tell me what is Moyes doing here
It's one o'clock and I'm holding my cock
Watching the telly full of fear

Don't give us none of your explanations
We had it with your transfer spin
Mata-day's quite alright for signing
Get a little Spaniard in

What in the feck is this shit? Last paragraph isn't bad.

I also love:

It is already being suggested that far from emulating Özil, Mata's move to United could have more in common with Joe Cole's unhappy transfer to Liverpool.

Is it? By who exactly? Oh, you the author of the article. I see.

Well, it is also already being suggested that Paul Wilson has written a tabloid level piece of crap.

I know it's cool to hate the Moyesiah - but why is he not getting any credit for getting Mata to United?

Superb signing, yet Mourinho is getting more credit from you lot for selling him?

Think it's well known that Ozil was hawked around top clubs. How ever i think the fact Arsenal paid the huge agent + signing fee being asked was the main factor why he didn't go anywhere else.

I also love:

It is already being suggested that far from emulating Özil, Mata's move to United could have more in common with Joe Cole's unhappy transfer to Liverpool.

Is it? By who exactly? Oh, you the author of the article. I see.

Well, it is also already being suggested that Paul Wilson has written a tabloid level piece of crap.
The free has-been injury prone Messi-like god compared with shitty old Juan Mata? Is he fo'real though?

I know it's cool to hate the Moyesiah - but why is he not getting any credit for getting Mata to United?

Superb signing, yet Mourinho is getting more credit from you lot for selling him?

Does Moyes even know we're signing him?

It's getting late have you seen date
Ma tell me what is Moyes doing here
It's one o'clock and I'm holding my cock
Watching the telly full of fear

Don't give us none of your explanations
We had it with your transfer spin
Mata-day's quite alright for signing
Get a little Spaniard in

:lol: :lol: love it !

Anyone get reminded of this (and not just for the fee)?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/848836.stm

What, the time that the best player in the world was prized away from Barcelona for a world record fee, prompting the Barca president to say:

"We aren't going to start anything but, and I don't want this to sound like a threat, I'm not going to forget this," he said.
"Someone who does this to me will pay for it."
Yeah, it's uncannily similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.