Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
32 is when I'd start calling footballers old. It definitely seems to be coming down though, 27 used to be the accepted peak.

As for Ronaldo, he was 22 and we got £80m for him because of it. We wouldn't have gotten that for a 22 year old Rooney. If anything 28's the last time we can sell him and still get a great price. So it's win win there.

I'm not saying Rooney will go, but it's worth bracing for it.

I mean you. You, Mockney, are trying to convince yourself that you, Mockney, are not getting old because 28 isn't old.

You gigantic pillock!

You can't know what Owen would or would not be 'privy' to. He has a personal relationship through his horses with Fergie for one thing, he also knows all the players at the club who hear rumours going around the club. Granted they are only rumours but they come from a better source than most. Owen is a decent source.

I remember in 2006 Paddy said on MUTV that the United fans might get a 'present' on the last day of the January window. We never did but it transpired that we were close to signing Mascherano and Tevez before they went to West Ham. Even if what Owen has heard is true, say Vidal to Utd, it might be close but that does not mean it will ever happen. Owen will promptly get slated for that tweet if nothing does happen though.

Yeah, you keep telling yourself that mate.

I mean you. You, Mockney, are trying to convince yourself that you, Mockney, are not getting old because 28 isn't old.

You gigantic pillock!

Yeah but 28 isn't old. So there. I know that. Whoever I am. Or however big I am.

You're weird man.

Last edited:
The Owen thing has to be Rooney's new contract.

Which in the end might at least mean we'll squeeze José for his pennies, which is something I suppose.

I'm not saying Rooney will go, but it's worth bracing for it.

To me, the one irony of this season is that under Moyes, Rooney has looked -far- happier than I've seen him since 2008 or so. Everything else has gone to shit, but Rooney looks happier being at United.

Owen probably just has a pretty good contact still at the club whos told him something which may or may not materialize. Its not like Rooney's phoned him up to tell him before the announcement is made or the club have made it a point to make sure Michael Owen hasn't been told something about a potential transfer as if Owen is somehow going to cock it up.

ffs Jose and other plastic cnuts, stop wasting everybody's time and sign off the deal :mad:

I love that Telegraph story: Mata impatient to come to us.
The Special Juan indeed.

@Mockney

Keep telling myself that Owen has been told of a transfer or Rooney's new contract by someone directly linked with the club?

I have always been a crazy dreamer.

Depends entirely on why the player signs the deal. Doing so could easily mean he finds it easier to leave the club, not harder.

If you had to sell Wayne Rooney to Chelsea, how would you do it? The first step would obviously be putting yourself in the best position to get a good fee for him.

I think the one way you wouldnt want to do it is let him go on the cheap to your rival. Which is what we didnt allow to happen in the summer
I don't think we're looking at the situation from the same angle..

It wasn't United's decision to finally open the talks for an extension. We always wanted that.. It was Rooney and Rooney's agent who decided to open the talks. If the deal is done then it means that Rooney no longer wants to leave, and with the club already made it clear that we don't want to sell Rooney, I think it's pretty obvious that if Rooney signs an extension, then he's not leaving.

Also, when he signs a new deal his price will go up, and that will make even the buying clubs less interested.

No matter how you flip it imo, signing an extension means Rooney is pretty much certain to stay.

I don't think we're looking at the situation from the same angle..

It wasn't United's decision to finally open the talks for an extension. We always wanted that.. It was Rooney and Rooney's agent who decided to open the talks. If the deal is done then it means that Rooney no longer wants to leave, and with the club already made it clear that we don't want to sell Rooney, I think it's pretty obvious that if Rooney signs an extension, then he's not leaving.

Also, when he signs a new deal his price will go up, and that will make even the buying clubs less interested.

No matter how you flip it imo, signing an extension means Rooney is pretty much certain to stay.

How? Its just a contract that can be bought out like any other.

Eventually you have to accept that a player wants to move on and getting them off a short contract onto a longer one is normal practice for making sure you get the right fee.

A new contract means little except that he'll cost a bit more and that Rooney is probably being paid a bit more in the meantime (or at least a signing on fee). Whats more important is that he comes out with comments that could have been made ages ago to sort the situation out if he had any interest whatsoever in staying. "I'm happy here and want to stay". Now, he still wouldnt be the first to say something along those lines and still leave. But given the fact he's gone to great lengths not to say anything of the sort this season, I'll buy it that if does now say he's happy and wants to stay he probably means it. That'll mean a lot more than a signature on a contract

Why is everyone talking about Michael Owen? :lol: Have I missed something?

Or has this transfer saga finally pushed everyone over the edge into insanity?

This is getting funny. The longer this goes on the more unlikely it'll be to happen.

SSN has said the transfer is 'imminent' and 'edging closer' for 3 days now.

Why is everyone talking about Michael Owen? :lol: Have I missed something?

Or has this transfer saga finally pushed everyone over the edge into insanity?

Owen tweeted something about more good news as well as the Mata deal. Could be absolutely anything, especially considering he's a pundit now and they all seem to talk like Valencia is a top right winger. Could be a new contract for him for all we know

This is getting funny. The longer this goes on the more unlikely it'll be to happen.

SSN has said the transfer is 'imminent' and 'edging closer' for 3 days now.

I find it very likely Chelsea are making sure they've signed that Egyptian fella first.

If you ever needed confirmation that SSN is a true Muppet channel...they had to throw in that Rooney is following him on twitter.

More the "it could plausibly be a prospective Vidal transfer"...I'd be willing to bet my fingers it isn't (I wouldn't) but I admire the optimism.

:lol:

True enough. I am trying to work out ways in my mind as to how Vidal will be a United player by the end of this window. If we signed Vidal and Mata then even under Moyes I think that we would get 4th spot.

It is probably Rooney's contract though. I would imagine that Wayne told him.

:lol:

True enough. I am trying to work out ways in my mind as to how Vidal will be a United player by the end of this window. If we signed Vidal and Mata then even under Moyes I think that we would get 4th spot.

It is probably Rooney's contract though. I would imagine that Wayne told him.

Doesn't he play golf with Aguero though????

Status
Not open for further replies.