Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes new contracts are just a way of getting a better price. Ronaldo signed a contract until 2012 before he left us.

Just sayin'
Things are different in Rooney's case because of the age factor. When you're 28 and you sign a contract for another 5 years it's more likely that you're going to stay.

Things are different in Rooney's case because of the age factor. When you're 28 and you sign a contract for another 5 years it's more likely that you're going to stay.

How? The contract means little unless the player has a desire to see it out. Age has no positive factor in relation to that. In fact being 28 and having plenty of time on his contract means he's as valuable as he's going to be and its the best time to cash in.

Is he gonna sign today? If the helicopter can't cop the bad weather send a Airforce One or something for crisis sake? It's the Juan we are taking about here.

I want it to happen tomorrow just so that every Saturday becomes Mataday from now on.

It couldn't be bad news at least.

It could be nothing but good news.

If he is leaving come the summer we are in control of the price.

I don't think the Rooney camp would be willing to do such a thing though, Ronaldo signed that contract out of pure respect for Ferguson and the club on a verbal agreement that he could have his move the following year.

I'm not convinced that trust exists between the club, Rooney and Stretford like it did between the club Ronaldo and Mendes.

Is he gonna sign today? If the helicopter can't cop the bad weather send a Airforce One or something for crisis sake? It's the Juan we are taking about here.
Surely the tosser isn't too privileged to get a train or car? it takes 4 hours MAX!

Happy Mata Day guys :)

Have a good one!

TcxG5r0.jpg

How? The contract means little unless the player has a desire to see it out. Age has no positive factor in relation to that. In fact being 28 and having plenty of time on his contract means he's as valuable as he's going to be and its the best time to cash in.
Yes but I don't think that's what United wants. We want to keep him, and signing an extension now means that Chelsea (or any other club) have a much smaller chance of getting him now (considering that we don't want to sell him). The situation was different in Ronaldo's case, as he was 22 when he signed the extension.

Source was the Indo

After the last shambles they've played they don't deserve a day off, especially that they've managed to get the upcomming weekend free for themselves.

If it's true then it's good for them, the sooner Mata integrates into the team the better everything will start to tick.

I hope this deal is announced before José's press conference. It would be just like him to troll the feck out of us.

The Owen "tease" would be a Rooney contract, not a signing. He wouldn't be privy to anything else, and Duncan Wright writes for the Daily cocking Star. The Sun for people who think the Sun has too much accurate news in it.

You can't know what Owen would or would not be 'privy' to. He has a personal relationship through his horses with Fergie for one thing, he also knows all the players at the club who hear rumours going around the club. Granted they are only rumours but they come from a better source than most. Owen is a decent source.

I remember in 2006 Paddy said on MUTV that the United fans might get a 'present' on the last day of the January window. We never did but it transpired that we were close to signing Mascherano and Tevez before they went to West Ham. Even if what Owen has heard is true, say Vidal to Utd, it might be close but that does not mean it will ever happen. Owen will promptly get slated for that tweet if nothing does happen though.

RE: Salah

It makes good business sense for his agent to remain in contact with Liverpool whilst he is negotiating personal terms with Chelsea.

I think the most shocking thing about all this is that our players have a day off, the useless cnuts.

Sounds rather like you're trying to convince yourself of that, Mockney ;)

32 is when I'd start calling footballers old. It definitely seems to be coming down though, 27 used to be the accepted peak.

As for Ronaldo, he was 22 and we got £80m for him because of it. We wouldn't have gotten that for a 22 year old Rooney. If anything 28's the last time we can sell him and still get a great price. So it's win win there.

I'm not saying Rooney will go, but it's worth bracing for it.

Yes but I don't think that's what United wants. We want to keep him, and signing an extension now means that Chelsea (or any other club) have a much smaller chance of getting him now (considering that we don't want to sell him). The situation was different in Ronaldo's case, as he was 22 when he signed the extension.

Depends entirely on why the player signs the deal. Doing so could easily mean he finds it easier to leave the club, not harder.

If you had to sell Wayne Rooney to Chelsea, how would you do it? The first step would obviously be putting yourself in the best position to get a good fee for him.

I think the one way you wouldnt want to do it is let him go on the cheap to your rival. Which is what we didnt allow to happen in the summer

I think the most shocking thing about all this is that our players have a day off, the useless cnuts.

They have the day off? The feck?

Actually, I'm surprised the club didn't use this free weekend for some sort of team getaway... refresh the systems or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.