Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some think medicals are for clubs to see if someone is fit to play but in fact, while that serves a purpose too, they're primarily for insurance purposes

As supporters that is all they can do really, if it were me, I wouldnt be questioning selling him - because he just doesnt play, I'd be asking two questions. Why doesnt he play and why sell him in England, to a major rival that are really struggling.

And I do not mean just this season either, the Mata signing not only gives us a short term lift, its a statement to the footballing world, a foundation to rebuild a new team off the back of, its a strange thing to do at any time, but right now? I cannot for the life of me think Maureen had a say in this at all.
Ive wondered the same thing but I get the feeling mourinho probably thinks that maybe we wont be challenging for a couple of years whilst we are in a transitional period? Other than that I can't understand why he would sell to another English team.

Any idea when the medical is taking place? Do we have any designated muppets outside of Bridgewater yet?
I think we're going to be doing our medicals at Carrington now.

As supporters that is all they can do really, if it were me, I wouldnt be questioning selling him - because he just doesnt play, I'd be asking two questions. Why doesnt he play and why sell him in England, to a major rival that are really struggling.

And I do not mean just this season either, the Mata signing not only gives us a short term lift, its a statement to the footballing world, a foundation to rebuild a new team off the back of, its a strange thing to do at any time, but right now? I cannot for the life of me think Maureen had a say in this at all.

Mourinho has pedigree and a history of success on his side. Also, add to that the fact that without Mata Chelsea are doing significantly better this season. So it is difficult to complain. The only real gripe is as you said, that Mata is a fan favourite and also Mata is being sold to a direct rival.

We are on our knees at the moment, this is the sort of thing that could stop us going into an Arsenal or even Liverpool type slide.

Despite the fact we are having a rough patch Mata has moved from a small club to one of the 4 biggest clubs in the world, he will be feeling pretty happy about that.

Your man on Sky Sports said the Bridgewater Hospital was ready for his medical upon arrival

Maybe they are talking out of their ass, unaware about the new 15m medical facility at Carrington OR we have decided to carry out this medical at Bridgewater for whatever reasons.

Maybe they are talking out of their ass, unaware about the new 15m medical facility at Carrington OR we have decided to carry out this medical at Bridgewater for whatever reasons.

Just because we have a new medical facility doesn't mean that we're equipped to carry out medicals. I imagine most of our equipment will be in relation to normal sporting injuries where as insurance purposes mean that we'll have to assess his general overall health.

Just because we have a new medical facility doesn't mean that we're equipped to carry out medicals. I imagine most of our equipment will be in relation to normal sporting injuries where as insurance purposes mean that we'll have to assess his general overall health.
It is equipped to carry out medicals but I'm not sure it's been used for one yet.

The new facility will enable United to conduct medicals for new signings on site as well as draw a veil of secrecy over their players' injuries.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...centre-prevent-injury-woes.html#ixzz2rInfZU1R

It has been mentioned multiple times that Carrington will be used to do medical from now on. Ya, it is not binding for us to do medical there only but I doubt that it is for lack of equipments, especially after investing 15m.
Who cares where medical happens, all I want is to get it done with soon.

Just been sent this, wonder what it means !!

Michael owen : So, Juan Mata is on the verge of a move to United. A little dickie bird tells me there is more good news for United fans coming soon!
Rooney and Contrao I reckon.

Michael owen : So, Juan Mata is on the verge of a move to United. A little dickie bird tells me there is more good news for United fans coming soon!

He's been banned from commentating from all our games hopefully.

That Micheal Owen has finally lost it talking to little birds? crazy fecker.

It means that you're behind everyone else, that's all.

Michael Owen doesn't strike me as the sort of guy who'll pull the supporter's leg for no appararent reason. He's the most boring man in the world. I don't think the term practical joke is in his vocabulary.

As for Mata, I still struggle to believe this is actually going to happen. If it does I'll cry a bit. Most certainly. Can someone reassure me it will? It's just so... strange.
Well, apparently Hazard changed his twitter handle to Hazard10 now...

https://twitter.com/hazardeden10

This should give us another couple of hours of calmness.

Isn't it obvious?

Assuming he gets to spend the money, 40 million is more valuable to Mourinho than someone who isn't playing. Managers have to focus on optimising their own team.

He may be mistaken in not picking Mata, but once he has given him the cold shoulder he might as well take the money and use it.

You know you are doing a good deal when Liverpool and Chelsea-fans both condemn the transfer - and Wenger thinks it's unfair that we get a very good player

Ogden in Telegraph says Mata frustrated at hold-up and that United expect deal completed "within next 48 hours"

You know you are doing a good deal when Liverpool and Chelsea-fans both condemn the transfer - and Wenger thinks it's unfair that we get a very good player

^ THIS... I just love this part. Mata was one of the few Chelsea players I really respected as a player and a person... class.

Probably Rooney signing a contract.

So BBC Breakfast says it was bad weather that cancelled the helicopter and Telegraph saying Chelsea haven't signed off. I think Chelsea are just waiting for Salah to complete his medical and signing.

I just watched BBC News, and the sports section said that Mata is expected to do his medical today, and that his flight was cancelled yesterday due to appalling weather. They said the deal has been agreed between both clubs.

I want to see him on his way to his medical before Mourinho does his press conference later today. The meltdown if he sat there and said I like Mata and want to keep him would be unreal!

Post above beat me to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.