Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am working from home today and have already 'studied' my beard 5 times to make sure it looks exactly like Mata's beard :drool:

An absolute magician of a player will be such a force for us. Hard to believe Chelsea is selling their best player to us regardless the situation still. Give us a top box to box midfielder and a quality replacement for Evra and we will be competing to be top dogs again.

[iSparky, post: 14922252, member: 23151"]Sure he only needs Juan medical. What's the hold up for?[/quote]

Waiting for Juan Mattress to arrive so he can lie down during some tests

Stupid tweet from Owen but I do get the feeling for some reason that we will land a midfielder before the end of the window. Maybe not a 20+m but a good solid midfielder. All stems from this Mata stuff. Amazing the lift it gives everyone.

The thread was doing so well until Mad Winger turned up with his Kagawa bollocks.

Hard to believe we are signing Mata:drool:

The only other signing I could realistically see us getting this transfer window would be Coentrao.

Either way, I would have to regard this Mata deal as something of a coup and say well done to Moyes/Woody/Glazers for putting their money where their mouth is for once.

This is a clear statement of intent to the footballing world that we are not about to just lie down and accept our decline. I just hope it signals a few more deals in the summer to properly repair the squad and get us competing again next year.

The only other signing I could realistically see us getting this transfer window would be Coentrao.

Either way, I would have to regard this Mata deal as something of a coup and say well done to Moyes/Woody/Glazers for putting their money where their mouth is for once.

This is a clear statement of intent to the footballing world that we are not about to just lie down and accept our decline. I just hope it signals a few more deals in the summer to properly repair the squad and get us competing again next year.

That would be an excellent transfer window tbf. A million times upgrade over 27mil Fellaini.

Thing is, I don't remember another signing in recent years which has had me this excited. It's like all of this seasons troubles have been dulled away for the moment.

There is no doubt that this signing is a huge lift for the fans, and hopefully will have a similar impact on the players. I don't normally buy the "new signing lifts the squad" logic, but the team have looked so lacking in confidence and belief that it just might work this time.

I can't believe that overnight people were worrying about how to fit Mata, Rooney, RvP and Januzaj into the same team. The phrase, "the chance would be a fine thing" comes to mind.

In any case we've already discussed the fact that a 18 year old Januzaj is more of a team player than an 18 year old Ronaldo was. Why wouldn't he do more defensively if that was his job? Rooney and Mata are both workers as well as pure attackers (despite Mou's criticism of Mata compared to Oscar). Even RvP knows how to press high up the field. Anyway, I'll worry about how they fit when I see all 4 of them on a team sheet.

As for that other new signing, I've still got more names in the "I hope it's not" column than the "I hope it is" one, but there's no harm hoping for the best.

How's Chelsea fans forum Shed End taking the news their darling is signing for United?

Chelsea fans have taken it much better than I thought they would. It seems to have angered another bunch far more.

Michael Owen doesn't strike me as the sort of guy who'll pull the supporter's leg for no appararent reason. He's the most boring man in the world. I don't think the term practical joke is in his vocabulary.

As for Mata, I still struggle to believe this is actually going to happen. If it does I'll cry a bit. Most certainly. Can someone reassure me it will? It's just so... strange.

Michael Owen doesn't strike me as the sort of guy who'll pull the supporter's leg for no appararent reason. He's the most boring man in the world. I don't think the term practical joke is in his vocabulary.

As for Mata, I still struggle to believe this is actually going to happen. If it does I'll cry a bit. Most certainly. Can someone reassure me it will? It's just so... strange.

No, worries. This will happen, just a matter of time

Last time I checked they were infuriated and rightly so but most have faith in Mourinho's plans.

As supporters that is all they can do really, if it were me, I wouldnt be questioning selling him - because he just doesnt play, I'd be asking two questions. Why doesnt he play and why sell him in England, to a major rival that are really struggling.

And I do not mean just this season either, the Mata signing not only gives us a short term lift, its a statement to the footballing world, a foundation to rebuild a new team off the back of, its a strange thing to do at any time, but right now? I cannot for the life of me think Maureen had a say in this at all.

Any idea when the medical is taking place? Do we have any designated muppets outside of Bridgewater yet?

Indeed - the only man in the world who could probably get away with this sale.

I'm glad it wasn't announced yesterday - yesterday I was still sulking from the defeat to Sunderland. Sure it would have made me happier but I'd still have been in a foul mood after Wednesday.

Today, I'm over the Sunderland game, and can truly enjoy one of our biggest coups in a number of years along with RVP.

Status
Not open for further replies.