Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm - Fellaini's "wig" - Mata's beard....Baines really should have been next with his sideburns

This thread has just overtaken the Fellaini and RVP threads. We probably won't get to Hazard levels, but it must still be one of the fastest ever growing threads in this forum.

He's a cracking player but it seems like many of you think he's going to win you the league or something. Granted he'll be formidable when played with your regular front two but you'll still have the awful midfield and defence.

He's a cracking player but it seems like many of you think he's going to win you the league or something. Granted he'll be formidable when played with your regular front two but you'll still have the awful midfield and defence.

Simples.

New Moyes' cutting edge tactic. De Gea boots the ball to the final third roughly around where Mata, Adnan, Rooney and RVP will be standing and bob's your uncle.

Its called the 'Boot.Trap.Shoot' We will score faster and more than we let in.

I don't think you'll find a single person who thinks that.

While our central midfield is obviously very poor and that still remains, we've also been poor in wide areas and have been played shit on stick football. Mata will help big time in the last two you'd think.

I don't know. I've seen a few knowledgeable posters wonder if Moyes is the man to get the most out of him.

Well we won't know until we wait and see.
Agree, don't think we'll suddenly just start walloping teams, still think we'll need a CM or two to do that, so that we stop playing donut and Jones and Smalling can have an extended run in central defence (Honestly I don't think we can count on Carrick anymore)

I don't think you'll find a single person who thinks that.

While our central midfield is obviously very poor and that still remains, we've also been poor in wide areas and have been played shit on stick football. Mata will help big time in the last two you'd think.

Yeah, perhaps we'll not have one-trick Tony V starting regularly now; and Mata can be more unpredictable, he can cut in and has a mean shot, or can cross quite decently from out wide. I also think its good that he actually seems like he wants to come here and play for us, and might play like he has a point to prove.

I don't know. I've seen a few knowledgeable posters wonder if Moyes is the man to get the most out of him.
Januzaj and Rooney have both been excellent under him, so I don't see why Mata should struggle. It'll mean one of Valencia and Young aren't playing as well, so double thumbs up. We'll have to alter the way we play and Moyes will know that, so it can only be positive.

I think the very best players will perform, no matter who the manager is. Ronaldo rose to new heights in spite of Mourinho, not because of him. There are loads of top players who didn't get along with, or who were used in the wrong way by their manager and still put in consistently great performances. I don't think Moyes can really do much wrong. He can pick him in one of two positions, both of which Mata excels at.

I think most people would be happy to see him as part of a trio of fluid, interchanging, Attacking Midfielders/forwards, which would include Rooney and Januzaj, with RVP in front.

Actually in the last month or so the midfield hasn't been our worst area, it is the defense and the inability of attacking players to create any sort of decent chances, and when we do we seem to miss them. I have forgotten the number of times I have said that we should have taken full advantage when the opposition was under pressure from us which we fail to do.

That is why Mata can be useful because he has a great end product both in terms of creating chances and scoring. So with him whenever we have the upper hand in a game, we can count on him to make full use of it and kill the game, which currently we really struggle to.

The true test for Moyes will be when everyone is healthy again + Mata. How we fare at that point will inform a lot of his ability to excel as a manager here.

The true test for Moyes will be when everyone is healthy again + Mata. How we fare at that point will inform a lot of his ability to excel as a manager here.

Exactly....If he can't get a team that consists of Rooney, RVP, Mata, Nani and Januzaj, playing fluidly and with creativity, then we know...

Jesus, just look at them 5 names....

Exactly....If he can't get a team that consists of Rooney, RVP, Mata, Nani and Januzaj, playing fluidly and with creativity, then we know...

Jesus, just look at them 5 names....

Well yes, have to agree there, Look at that attack, if he can't get that firing, then yes he'd best be off. Prepared to wait and watch what he does till Dec 2014; if, after that, it's still excuses, then yeah...

We wonder how Moyes will utilize Mata given he hasn't utilized Kagawa properly, but we also have to understand that Kagawa hasn't done best he could when given chances. He has been good in patches and except few flashes of brilliance, showing what he is capable of, Kagawa has disappointed a bit this season.

Players like Mata are different level. When you put together a group of exciting players, all you need to do as manager is create opportunity and environment for them to gel and get the understanding and chemistry going. Look at City team of 2012 which was scoring goal for fun as compared to previous year. Mancini is not exactly known for expansive style of football but City's football was entertaining. Point is, Moyes too is not exactly anti-entertainment. If we put together a team of creative players, and they gel, goals will flow and fluidity and creativity will return as well.

What time is he having breakfast? Does anyone know what's on the menu?

Pretty sure I saw some journo's saying it'll now be Monday. Boo.

I am hearing some people saying that everything is done, medical done, personal terms agreed and all they are waiting for is Chelsea to sign off on the deal.

Someone at Chevorlet has jumped the gun :lol:

BeslQIjIIAAzXCU.jpg:large

It has of course already been deleted.

Who exactly is saying we will win the league?

Not one for looking at things and putting two and two together. However, I'm sure Chevrolet have been told if he is joining or not, so them getting whatever information and the social media guy spilling, points to it being done for me. I'm sure once United were made aware of it, they were the ones in contact telling them to delete it.

Trust me, you'd know if we did.

This place right now is like the start of a F1 race. Once we get a green signal, we are gonna go mental. :devil:
I've already started a new master league career on PES 2014 with him at United :D

Status
Not open for further replies.