Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically as everyone is saying Ozil is better than Mata, Mata better than Cazorla.

Do you actually like our team? All you ever do is whinge.

I stood up for De Gea last night...Calling him brilliant!

I am constantly gushing over Januzaj...

For years (check the thread) I have lavished constant praise on Welbeck and said he would one day be our leading striker.

I said Fletcher is a fantastic example to all footballers. Before and after his illness

I have praised Rooney

I have praised RVP

I've stood by Nani unlike a lot of people

Maybe you just have some sort of agenda here against me as you just pick up on the negatives I say...When the negatives I talk about circle around, Moyes, Fellaini Young, Valencia, Ferdinand and our tactics, it shouldn't really surprise you that 95% of the board do the same as there is feck all positive to say about them lately.

If I bother you that much, put me on your ignore list. No skin of my nose. I'll try not to whinge about it

Spurs are our rivals come rain or shine. City are our competitive rivals this year.

Your rivalry with Spurs is pathetic and barely existent.

It's only marginally less tame than Fulham - Chelsea.

City are not Arsenal's rivals. They're your competition and after your disaster-feck of a March you'll likely be down scrapping with us plebs or in a mini league of one for 3rd.

I stood up for De Gea last night...Calling him brilliant!

I am constantly gushing over Januzaj...

For years (check the thread) I have lavished constant praise on Welbeck and said he would one day be our leading striker.

I said Fletcher is a fantastic example to all footballers. Before and after his illness

I have praised Rooney

I have praised RVP

I've stood by Nani unlike a lot of people

Maybe you just have some sort of agenda here against me as you just pick up on the negatives I say...When the negatives I talk about circle around, Moyes, Fellaini Young, Valencia, Ferdinand and our tactics, it shouldn't really surprise you that 95% of the board do the same as there is feck all positive to say about them lately.

If I bother you that much, put me on your ignore list. No skin of my nose. I'll try not to whinge about it

I was typing up a post in fb describing De Gea as our next Schmeichel when he made that mistake :(

Don't flatter yourselves.
You are absolutely right. Utds real rivals have won European cups/champions leagues, not little tin pot clubs who can be counted on to bottle it when the buisness end of the season rolls around .

Take your Holier than thou shit elsewhere. This is the Mata transfer thread not the 'We are Arsenal, arrogant and intolerable thread'

Why are you falling for such a poor wum? :lol:
Not wound up mate, just pitying the gooners, they have gone eight years without anything to celebrate, we have gone eight months, they are two months away from their annual collapse whilst we are 7 months away from beginning the season where we take our title back from whoever borrows it this season..... And they just don't realise the poor deluded fools

No. The best team going forward would be Mata on the right. He played there several times for Valencia and has done it many times for Chelsea. But he won't be playing as a winger just cutting in from the right. I think that will clearly be the strongest side.

Not saying we play that for all games but I think that would be the strongest side going forward.

It sounds suspiciously like the Kagawa situation to me.... "He plays on the left for Japan, so he can do it for us! His stats under Fergie were good, and he played mostly on the left then etc etc etc".

Spending nearly 40 million on the best offensive playmaker in the league, only to play him in his second best position in a style that doesn't even suit him, is just moronic. We play nothing like Chelsea did before Mourinho took over. If we're gonna change our style to something similar as the old Chelsea, then it's an even stronger argument to play Kagawa. Rooney does not fit as an AM in a fluid interchanging front 4. He's a striker. End of story

If we were going to keep playing the same style as we do now, with Rooney as a deep striker, then we ought to sign someone like Ronaldo/Ribery/Bale. Players like Mata/Kagawa/Özil/Iniesta/Silva have no business that setup. Rooney is too sloppy in the playmaking aspects, and our CM is far too static.

I think and probably want to see him on the right to begin with. A combination of Kagawa/Januzaj on the left, with Rooney behind RVP and Mata on the right. Obviously they can switch at will but I think he is more than fine performing and creating chances from the inside right channel.

... whilst we are 7 months away from beginning the season where we take our title back from whoever borrows it this season..... And they just don't realise the poor deluded fools
4 months away from sacking Moyes, that's the biggest event on your horizon.

It sounds suspiciously like the Kagawa situation to me.... "He plays on the left for Japan, so he can do it for us! His stats under Fergie were good, and he played mostly on the left then etc etc etc".

Spending nearly 40 million on the best offensive playmaker in the league, only to play him in his second best position in a style that doesn't even suit him, is just moronic. We play nothing like Chelsea did before Mourinho took over. If we're gonna change our style to something similar as the old Chelsea, then it's an even stronger argument to play Kagawa. Rooney does not fit as an AM in a fluid interchanging front 4. He's a striker. End of story

If we were going to keep playing the same style as we do now, with Rooney as a deep striker, then we ought to sign someone like Ronaldo/Ribery/Bale. Players like Mata/Kagawa/Özil/Iniesta/Silva have no business that setup. Rooney is too sloppy in the playmaking aspects, and our CM is far too static.
Kagawa playing on the left for us is totally different to Mata. Kagawa has never been proven in the league. It's not the position which has led to Kagawa's problems in my opinion. He's not exactly been anything great while playing as a number 10. He's simply underperformed and hasn't done enough. Doesn't impose himself on games enough too. Think it'll be totally different with Mata and how do you know Moyes isn't going for a slightly different change in style?

Arsenals big guns out in full force of panic at this transfer. Our number 10's better than yours and all that adult stuff. Wengers already been at it crying about how unfair it is, sad to say this train of thought is the underlying weakness, always looking to others strengths and advantages rather than ones own, Wengerites.

You do realise that Arsenal chased Mata before we bought him, and that they also wanted him up until recently?

You do realise that Arsenal chased Mata before we bought him, and that they also wanted him up until recently?
Look at it this way, instead of him playing for them for a few years before leaving to join a bigger and better club we have cut out the middleman, cheers lads

How many here think he will start at Stoke away? Feel Cardiff may come too soon.

Weird Im actually looking forward to watching United play Stoke now :wenger:

how do you know Moyes isn't going for a slightly different change in style?

I don't.

But if Rooney plays in the center, behind the striker, then nothing changes. We only get a slighly better winger than Kagawa tossed into the mix, but the problems will still be there. That's why I hope with all my heart that Mata(or Kagawa) gets the AM position. It's about time we play an actual AM behind the striker. Just because Rooney is involved in a lot of goals, it doesn't change the fact that our greatest struggle under Moyes has been creativity and creating chances. If we could fix that problem while still having Rooney's(or RVP's) goals, then I'd prefer that. I think it would benefit our entire team. The more chances we manage to create and the more we manage to keep the ball in the attacking third, the more our opponents need to drop back, making it easy for our CMs and defenders to pull off their defensive duties.

Arsenals big guns out in full force of panic at this transfer. Our number 10's better than yours and all that adult stuff. Wengers already been at it crying about how unfair it is, sad to say this train of thought is the underlying weakness, always looking to others strengths and advantages rather than ones own, Wengerites.
A Wengerism.

Status
Not open for further replies.