Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say that Ozil is better last week, but definitely Mata now for me

What I said about Mata at the end of last season. Don't see how much could've changed in 8 months. Hopefully can have the same effect on United.

Mata is the best footballer in the league.

Chelsea have spent an absolute boatload of cash but their team isn't actually all that special.

He pulls it all together and makes it more than the sum of its parts.

The amount of blunders company employees make on twitter is hilarious. Do they just employ idiots?

Ah here. This one is done isn't it. No way our new official sponsor would tweet that unless they had received some confirmation. Obviously they're slightly retarded for tweeting it before it's been announced but come on. This is done.

The world and his wife think Özil is the better player.

The world and his wife must be highly fickle then. Mata was easily on the same level as Ozil, if not higher, before Jose decided he didn't fancy him for whatever reason. Ozil has hardly been anything breathtaking since his move to Arsenal anyway. There's been plenty of players in your team comfortably performing better this past while.

Thank god I didn't stay up last night waiting for news. I was expecting to wake up and hear something but no, nothing.

Life of a United fan at the moment.

Just looking through some of my posts earlier in the thread, couldn't have been any more wrong.
Why would we buy him to waste him on the wing?
We're not gonna be interested in him for a number of obvious reasons, including his price tag and not having an available slot for him in the team.
"Hello, Juan? It's David. Aye, Moyes. The ginger one, aye. Listen, do you fancy playing out of position on the wing in the Europa League next season?"

*click*

"Hello? Hello? Juan?"

Does this signing signal the end of Kagawa's United career?

If Moyes isn't completely retarded: au contraire! With Mata in the AM position, Kagawa will most likely start to play really well, even on the wing! Januzaj/Mata/Kagawa looks like a killer combination! We'll create 15-20 clear cut chances each game. From OPEN PLAY:drool:

Januzaj - Mata - Kagawa
------ Rooney/RVP -----

4th place and CL final, easily.

Since when is Cazorla on the same level as Mata? :lol:
Mata is superior in every department bar weaker foot.

The amount of blunders company employees make on twitter is hilarious. Do they just employ idiots?
I doubt they look for someone with a degree to run a Twitter account! Although it wouldn't be surprising for someone who doesn't follow football to be a bit lost in something like this.

If Moyes isn't completely retarded: au contraire! With Mata in the AM position, Kagawa will most likely start to play really well, even on the wing! Januzaj/Mata/Kagawa looks like a killer combination! We'll create 15-20 clear cut chances each game. From OPEN PLAY:drool:

Januzaj - Mata - Kagawa
------ Rooney/RVP -----

Mata can certainly drag us to the CL Final from the stand #cuptied

:lol: chevrolet are bigger transfer muppets than us.

Januzaj - Mata - Kagawa
------ Rooney/RVP -----

Are you taking into consideration the fact Mata will be cup-tied for the Champions League. I will be happy with us making the Quarter-Finals, certainly surpassing my initial expectation at the start of the season.

Januzaj - Mata - Kagawa
------ Rooney/RVP -----

Kagawa is now behind Rooney, Mata, Januzaj, and Welbeck.

This seems the most obvious lineup. Mata will play more infield closer to Rooney.

Mata - Rooney - Januzaj
----------RvP-------------

Since when is Cazorla on the same level as Mata? :lol:
Mata is superior in every department bar weaker foot.
Since they played in Spain with Silva (there's never been much between them and Cazorla had the best 1st season in the PL of the three).

With regards to Ozil v Mata, Mourinho has managed both. He called Ozil the best No 10 in the world, and sold the other.

It's fair enough putting Ozil ahead of Mata even if you could make a case for Mata being the better player but he's quite obviously better than Cazorla. Cazorla is a very good player but he wont ever get close to player of the year like Mata has done.

Since they played in Spain with Silva (there's never been much between them and Cazorla had the best 1st season in the PL of the three).
I'd put Mata ahead of him but there's not a lot between them. Wouldn't put Ozil that much higher then either as well. Ozil makes the final contribution a lot more then both Mata and Cazorla, but is less involved in build up play, Cazorla is more involved in build up play and helps run games, but Mata I'd say is sort of in between. He's got a great end product but also gets involved more then Ozil and because of that is probably more beneficial to us.

It's fair enough putting Ozil ahead of Mata even if you could make a case for Mata being the better player but he's quite obviously better than Cazorla. Cazorla is a very good player but he wont ever get close to player of the year like Mata has done.
Yeah not like Scott Parker.

I think they're of similar abilities myself but Cazorla has been injured this year. He's just getting back some form. You'd probably have Mata based on the last two seasons but we're yet to see what he's going to do at United. He's been basically out in the cold for six months.

Ozil has a better influence on the team rather than individual highlights. Mourinho also had the pleasure of setting up Ozil to feed none other than Cristiano Ronaldo for three seasons. Mata has played 90 minutes on three occasions for Jose and didn't do a bad job for 2 years under different systems with incompetent forwards. Between him, Drogba and a lot of luck Chelsea were successful in 2012.

Mata is a level above Cazorla though.

And this view that Ozil hasn't shone in England is ridiculous. We were 4th by a thread last season. We're now top. I appreciate there's been internal player improvement but let's not pretend Ozil never happened.

And this view that Ozil hasn't shone in England is ridiculous. We were 4th by a thread last season. We're now top. I appreciate there's been internal player improvement but let's not pretend Ozil never happened.

What are you talking about, Al?

Status
Not open for further replies.