Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh feck sake, even if he signs don't forget 1 in 4 people get cancer at some point before the age of 65..

's alright...

juan-mata-2013-wallpaperred_zps633be267.jpg

That Carrie remake is a bit weird.

Just been looking at some Mata stats. In the 5 seasons before this one the lowest amount of starts that he made in the league was 33. This is not an injury prone player. It will be interesting to see if he picks up any niggles whilst adjusting to the Moyesian training method.

Nah.

For a start, their wide men didn't really cross, crosses came from full-backs, and even then, Coleman doesn't cross nearly as much as Baines. They were not exactly a Spanish team, but they passed and moved at great speed with great intensity. See Mirallas' goal in Everton's last home game of the season as an example.

Mate, you're talking rubbish.

Coleman crossed the ball more than Evra and Rafa last season. Coleman 97, Evra 87, Rafa 81. Baines... 353! Mirallas, 120 crosses, Valencia 163, Kagawa 22. I could keep going if you like? Heck even Pienaar had 95 crosses.

Everton last season were by very definition a crossing team. That's what they did.

This seems like one of those things that's repeated till it's fact. If I remember correctly, what was announced on the website was that United and 2 other clubs had their bids accepted by Cardiff leaving the player to discuss personal terms and pick, not that United had signed him
The point still stands: so far all we have is press rumours yet many take it for granted he's joining us. Even though in the case of Ramsey even the official announcement that we had agreed a fee meant feck all in the end.

Here's the Ramsey statement btw: http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2008/Jun/Ramsey-fee-agreed.aspx

Mate, you're talking rubbish.

Coleman crossed the ball more than Evra and Rafa last season. Coleman 97, Evra 87, Rafa 81. Baines... 353! Mirallas, 120 crosses, Valencia 163, Kagawa 22. I could keep going if you like? Heck even Pienaar had 95 crosses.

Everton last season were by very definition a crossing team. That's what they did.

Your stats show that Coleman doesn't cross nearly as much as Baines, and that their wide men crossed less than ours.

Your stats show that Coleman doesn't cross nearly as much as Baines, and that their wide men crossed less than ours.
But if it's true that Baines had 353 crosses then that's fecking insane. I knew they were very reliant on Baines to create stuff but that's on another level. How can you say they weren't a crossing team if that's the case? That's 10 crosses per game from Baines alone. Puts Valencia to shame.

Plus he's Englandese. Looking at all the foreign players linked to us in this forum, we could always do with a few more England internationals the squad.

Predictions for the number of pages we will reach before either we sign him, or the window closes and we don't get him, or the likes of PSG hijack the deal?

I predict we shall sign him, by sunday, and it will reach 290 pages by then.

Hopefully he will show Kagawa how a little man uses his body to hold the ball!

Those 2 should enjoy playing together though if we can fit them in.

I was hoping pics of Mata hiding under a blanket would have appeared by now....back to waiting cautiously.

Absolutely love the 'How dare Manchester United buy great players' attitude opposition fans (and managers) are showing atm :D

If you take Evertons two regular fullbacks and 3 regular wingers and compare to ours. Then Evertons total crosses = 675, Uniteds = 449.

I don't get where you're going with this. Everton were a crossing team last year. Their wingers crossed the ball 225 times compared to our 281, not much of a difference. Baines stat was mental though, over 350 crosses in one season. Christ.

Would you rather 44 degree summers?

After what seems a lifetime in snow and people who cannot drive in snow, I'd happily turn on my AC and chill. Also, you have THE SEA, albeit slightly shark infested, which is good for overpopulation I suppose.

I get your point though, as I tend to sweat bucket loads. Where the hell is that golden mean?

On eurosport.com

Lots of people on Twitter claiming Mata's helicopter has landed at Carrington. How a bunch of Malaysian teenagers would know is anybody's guess. ETA 1pm UK time.

Last edited:
I think the paper talk yesterday that a medical was scheduled for 12pm, but there's nothing to suggest it's actually happening right now.

Do they come with Rhiannon Fish in a bikini??
Nude beaches, get with the times Cina.

After what seems a lifetime in snow and people who cannot drive in snow, I'd happily turn on my AC and chill. Also, you have THE SEA, albeit slightly shark infested, which is good for overpopulation I suppose.

I get your point though, as I tend to sweat bucket loads. Where the hell is that golden mean?

For what it's worth, I love guys in trench coats and scarves.

I know I have already said it but a prospect of having Mata as our impact player off the bench is scintillating.

Status
Not open for further replies.