Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are speaking as if this is a foregone conclusion, may I remind people of a certain Mikel, even when someone's on our website, it's not a given..

Unless I've missed something reliable..

Everton were very good to watch last season at times. There were times when they went route one with Fellaini but people really have short memories when it comes to how they played.

The key ingredients to the current Everton setup were put together by Moyes. They were already playing decent enough football.

People are speaking as if this is a foregone conclusion, may I remind people of a certain Mikel, even when someone's on our website, it's not a given..

Unless I've missed something reliable..
Like said previously, I somehow don't think Chelsea will be swooping in and snatching this one.

its true, too many threads last season about our poor passing and no pace...people forget we only won because city didnt strengthen properly
We won because we got 89 points even with dropping off after clinching the title. Only three of those points came against City.

"We only won because City didn't strengthen properly" - feck this shit. They probably won't get 89 points this season.

Not having that, it's Fergie's brand.

Moyes bought the likes of Mirallas, has promoted Adnan and is buying Mata to play wide. Everton played better football than us last season too.

Everton played the exact same football throughout Daves reign. Play wide, cross the ball. Every season. If you don't believe me, ask an Everton fan. Look at their forums. Same brand of football, same formation. It's probably why he got the job, as its the same brand of football Ferguson set the current team to play.

I'm honestly not much bothered either way

Clearly :lol::lol:

Is Mata a signing that United urgently need?

Can't see it myself ... he ain't gonna fix your CM problems. So it's an awful lot of money to fix ... er .... not sure.

I'm pleased to hear that he's joining the ranks of all the many United players who are so much better than anyone at Spurs. However, the amazing quality of the United squad is no surprise really, since you always get what you pay for and that's what £82m net spend in 8 months will get you.

I'm sure Mata will single-handedly have you clawing your way back up the table to 6th place in no time.

With Mata arriving, by my reckoning you've now spent around £82m NET on 'improving' the squad that won the title just 8 months ago. (This includes the Zaha fee, since he took no part in last season's campaign ... not that he's taken any part in this campaign either).

£82m net. Just putting that figure out there.

Not bothered at all. Nope. Not even a little bit. You're totally unbothered.

You're a picture of someone who is unbothered.

You mean exactly like Fergie football?

People have a very short and very selective memory
All those heatmaps kicking around this place show that we're far more one-dimensional in our approach and place even greater emphasis on wide play than during the last year of Fergie.

And people were rightly complaining about our style last season. Now it's even worse which is a remarkable feat in itself.

My one hope is that Mata will signal a change in the way we play, and that we're stuck with his "pass it wide, cross it in" mentality at the moment because that's the only method we have the players for. Bringing Mata in might change that.

It's quite interesting how a lot of people who were convinced that Ozil was a superfluous signing now don't see Mata as being similar.

For what it's worth, I think he's vital in ensuring you play a different style of football, but seemingly others are changing their tune.

It's quite interesting how a lot of people who were convinced that Ozil was a superfluous signing now don't see Mata as being similar.

For what it's worth, I think he's vital in ensuring you play a different style of football, but seemingly others are changing their tune.
There was quite a lot of us that thought Ozil was a cracking signing for Arsenal.

Do you not see how our season has gone so far? I think people will be raving about anyone freaking person we sign right now let alone Mata. We are that shit.

Most people were unbelievably jealous when you signed Ozil tbf. Myself included.

Fantastic signing for the club. I could see Mata providing a real drive to get into the top four.

Not sure where we fit him in though with Rooney or RVP though. I think Rooney might well be leaving in the near future but while they are both United players we have the same problem as with Kagawa but with a better player.

Either way, looking forward to his debut and I hope we give him the number 7 as he is the first since Ronaldo to do it justice.

Had Rooney and RvP not been injured....

Probably because people didn't feel that Arsenal lacked creativity while it's obvious in case of United.

Do you think we should play in behind the striker though?

Status
Not open for further replies.