Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's quite interesting how a lot of people who were convinced that Ozil was a superfluous signing now don't see Mata as being similar.

For what it's worth, I think he's vital in ensuring you play a different style of football, but seemingly others are changing their tune.

Whether Dave will do that though is what some of us are questioning. I agree though, personally, I'd probably build a team around him as he's a very effective player.

It's quite interesting how a lot of people who were convinced that Ozil was a superfluous signing now don't see Mata as being similar.

For what it's worth, I think he's vital in ensuring you play a different style of football, but seemingly others are changing their tune.

I thought most of us were incredibly envious. Even though you bought a player in a position where you were overstocked anyway, it was still a world class signing which gave your entire team a confidence boost. We desperately need Mata for the same reason, only its in the middle of the season and we are fighting for 4th.

After watching last nights game, Mata got arrested trying to do a U turn on the M6.

by my calculations that's the 8th time he's done that in this thread, he's still on his way, boys!

I'll be as honest as I can here.. Nobody thought we're gonna be this bad before the season started.

I think Mata just wants regular playing opportunities and good wages. He probably doesn't watch United.
haha. Well, surely he's got quite a few options given the level of ability he's got. Wouldn't surprise me if Chelsea would accept 10m lower from clubs abroad, even though we're not really rivals today.

Every class player who joins surely wants assurances from Moyes about his vision and style. If not, well, it doesn't speak well of them.

juan-mata-2013-wallpaper.jpg

I'll be as honest as I can here.. Nobody thought we're gonna be this bad before the season started.

I did. We were pretty shite last season too. Without RVP/Rooney, the team lacks in many areas. We were dug out of very bad situations last season due to individual brilliance which covered up the cracks

All those heatmaps kicking around this place show that we're far more one-dimensional in our approach and place even greater emphasis on wide play than during the last year of Fergie.

And people were rightly complaining about our style last season. Now it's even worse which is a remarkable feat in itself.

Heat maps that would look different with our best player (RVP) fit and playing.

Some tweets in the twitter thread about Ross Barkley being lined up as a replacement at Chelsea. Quality quality talent.

Which one would you prefer at united?

I did. We were pretty shite last season too. Without RVP/Rooney, the team lacks in many areas. We were dug out of very bad situations last season due to individual brilliance which covered up the cracks
Agree with this 100%. Had Fergie and the backroom team as well. Too much change at all levels this season, even last season I thought they didn't play particularly great. Feel a bit sorry for Moyes in some ways.

Everton played the exact same football throughout Daves reign. Play wide, cross the ball. Every season. If you don't believe me, ask an Everton fan. Look at their forums. Same brand of football, same formation. It's probably why he got the job, as its the same brand of football Ferguson set the current team to play.

Nah.

For a start, their wide men didn't really cross, crosses came from full-backs, and even then, Coleman doesn't cross nearly as much as Baines. They were not exactly a Spanish team, but they passed and moved at great speed with great intensity. See Mirallas' goal in Everton's last home game of the season as an example.

Some tweets in the twitter thread about Ross Barkley being lined up as a replacement at Chelsea. Quality quality talent.

Which one would you prefer at united?

Mata. He's more ready now and we need quality right now rather than another talent to nurture.

Also, I dont see Everton selling him now at all. No way. If its in the summer, Chelsea will have competition. Maybe from us too if Rooney leaves.

Get Mata, get Alex Song, get Rooney and RVP fit, start playing the same cocking back four for a few games in a row, and let's fecking go.

I did think he was superfluous but that's because I dont see him being as effective as a wide playmaker. I fully expect Mata to be.

Though I must agree that our condition has a lot to do with it too, didnt think we'd be this bad.

The red picture looks like a horror movie. Reminds me when my mate says stuff like "Evra bleeds red", which has to be the most redundant statement there's ever been.

:lol:Derp its what you put on the floor to keep your feet warm. Of course I fecking know what they are..I also know we would
be playing more through the middle with RVP and Rooney playing.

I love those things! :p

Well you're right in some degree. As we don't play through the middle at all. With Rooney in the side we do at least have someone who plays in the hole. But RVP was running channels against Fulham away. While Rooney had most of his touches on the right.

Need to get to bed, it's 11pm in Sydney, not expecting any news for a few hours. Hope to wake up to the news.

Mata. He's more ready now and we need quality right now rather than another talent to nurture.

Also, I dont see Everton selling him now at all. No way. If its in the summer, Chelsea will have competition. Maybe from us too if Rooney leaves.
I do really like that Barkley is both technically superb and yet quite strong and quick.

Think Aaron Ramsey then, he was also announced on manutd.com.
This seems like one of those things that's repeated till it's fact. If I remember correctly, what was announced on the website was that United and 2 other clubs had their bids accepted by Cardiff leaving the player to discuss personal terms and pick, not that United had signed him

Barkley would be a great signing but he'd still be a bit of a punt due to his inexperience and inevitably high price-tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.