Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we not having this lovely bearded bastard on the manutd.com site then? feck the medical, let's go get this done.

Despite what Manchester United revealed to the public via the press regarding their transfer dealings of Summer 2013 they have got to know in their heart of hearts that it was a disorganized bundle of total and utter chaos. They approached things the wrong way, and I suppose that despite their status in football, they can be somewhat forgiven due to being new to United. I realize that's not really an excuse.

So this time around they are doing things extra cautiously. Even though it seems extremely lightly that Juan Mata is a red, that is how far they are taking matters to avoid another disappointment and public embarrassment.

All this 3rd part intermediate talk is part of it I reckon. United have had to move with the times in terms of transfer dealings, and quite simply, things have got to be air tight.

I know it's been mentioned above, but hats off to Jason Burt. He seems to be a man on the ball (no pun)

Mata's a great signing. He's much more creative than any of our current players, no mata what the stats say.

But our problems as a team run much deeper than lacking one or two top players. Defensively wise we are a joke right now. And a front 4 of Mata, Januzaj, Rooney and RvP won't help much in this respect, quite on the contrary.

Don't think Januzaj will start if we get RVP, Rooney and Mata starting together. We will need a balance as you mention, with our defensive issues.

Score our way to top 4 is the answer. Because we can't defend. Play Mata,Adnan,RVP & Rooney and just tell them to sort themselves out into a formation that suits them all because Moyes hasn't a clue.

Mata's a great signing. He's much more creative than any of our current players, no mata what the stats say.

But our problems as a team run much deeper than lacking one or two top players. Defensively wise we are a joke right now. And a front 4 of Mata, Januzaj, Rooney and RvP won't help much in this respect, quite on the contrary.
RvP
Mata-Rooney-Januzaj
Back 6​

We've defended like schoolboys on the break. Hopefully having another direct threat up front will dissuade teams from being so gung ho against us.

Well you know what Jose would say. Inserting Mata into the team will only make us worse defending because he doesn't track back well enough to be picked. I dont think Mata is too old to be encouraged to do a bit more defending

My bets on one of Rooney or RVP up front, Mata in the hole, Januzaj/Valencia on the right Januzaj/Young/Welbeck on the left. Definitely not what I'd pick

For some reason, reactions I have seen, Liverpool fans are taking this the worst. I thought Chelsea fans would be more upset than the scousers.

Don't think Januzaj will start if we get RVP, Rooney and Mata starting together. We will need a balance as you mention, with our defensive issues.
Agreed. Young or Valencia will provide necessary width as well as extreme defensive solidity.

Our defence has had little to no consistency this season, this to me has played a massive part in our troubles. We need a LB that much is obvious, but I'd he happy seeing the season out with what we've got.
In the summer I think it would be wise to invest in a couple of experienced defensive players.

Just been watching some YouTube clips of Mata, getting me in the mood for the coming hours.

I can't stop that little giggle. feckin hell he is a player.

Scousers just hate to see anything that could lift us back up.
Just been in my local merchants (all scousers, bless) and it was all jovial ripping into our cup game and how RVP isn't really injured he just won't play. When I asked if Mata would help United secure top four it suddenly became serious, not to mention awkward, they are shitting themselves was the conclusion I walked away with. I even put in that we probably have a smaller fixture list of the two clubs and a much larger squad, you know it's not gone down well when the Rooney shagging granny's jokes appear.

tumblr_mzty2afcna1t17j4bo1_500.jpg

Take a wager muppets.

Really? What makes you think Moyes will drop one of them?

I think its more that he can never get them both fit at the same time and will rarely have to make the choice. However, I can't see us spending £40 million on Mata and then playing him somewhere other than where he wants to play centrally. Plus in the summer he wont need to choose between RVP and Rooney.

David Moyes will do David Moyes things with our wingers, although being fair he's just continuing to pick the mediocrity that Sir Alex did before him, so Valencia and Young will probably continue to somehow start matches for us, but obviously with Januzaj being the key as to whether we need a left or right sided player depending on where hes playing. I havent got a clue what hes doing with Nani and anytime he plays Kagawa he talks about "players needing games" so I can't see him ever being his first choice. Just a rotated player. And again, probably not here after the summer.

Adnan gets 11 next season. Mata 8, I reckon we will sign our new number 7 in the summer.

Anybody here who can give min to min update on Mata medical? What are those lazy asses over at Sky doing? Copying news of others?

Have not heard anything in regards to what time things look like being done.

Wouldn't mind hearing something from the club.

From Sky sports transfer centre:

Fraser Dainton has been reporting from Old Trafford on the latest Juan Mata news. He insists there is a good chance a deal will be agreed today to take him to Manchester United, reminding us that the Spaniard did not train with Chelsea yesterday and that he has been saying goodbye to his team-mates. Our Sky Sports News reporters will be keeping their eyes and ears open throughout the day to keep us up to date on any developments.

Keep an eye people.

This feel's like Moyes and the Glazers have been out all night partying, and have come home pissed as a fart and tried to get a shag out of us. Clearly we had none of it, and sent him packing to the sofa. The next morning they've turned up with Chocolates and flowers to say sorry.

Oh my you shouldn't have :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.