Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night totally killed my Mata buzz.

I had somehow forgotten that Moyes was our manager. After the match all I could envisage was Mata joining; picking up loads of injuries after adjusting to the Moyes-Round Guantanamo sessions; being played on the wide as a winger and wearing the bemused look of an artisan on a production line. Cue endless threads on the CAF about how he doesn't fit our system, how he never tracks back to cover our capable full backs and how Moyes has now wasted 65m.

Admittedly I am quite a negative thinker!

Last night totally killed my Mata buzz.

I had somehow forgotten that Moyes was our manager. After the match all I could envisage was Mata joining; picking up loads of injuries after adjusting to the Moyes-Round Guantanamo sessions; being played on the wide as a winger and wearing the bemused look of an artisan on a production line. Cue endless threads on the CAF about how he doesn't fit our system, how he never tracks back to cover our capable full backs and how Moyes has now wasted 65m.

Admittedly I am quite a negative thinker!

I can envision something like this too though. Mata alone won't change the way we play, we need to adapt a new style and try to be more positive on the pitch, we already have the personnel to play good football yet it's been completely wasted this season while we sit 7th. At this point we won't even get past Olympiakos in the Champions League let alone move up in the table.

I was so excited yesterday before the Sunderland game, really took the gloss of this deal going through.

Yesterday it was "omg we are signing Mata, this is so fecking amazing" but now it just feels like "we are signing Mata, and we damn well need it to sort out how I feel about the game"

I think we should all grow our beards until he scores at Old Trafford. No one wears it like he does.

Going out of the Milk Cup on penalties doesn't put a dampener on my dinner let alone signing a world class player from our rivals for a club record fee, I'll be honest.

This feel's like Moyes and the Glazers have been out all night partying, and have come home pissed as a fart and tried to get a shag out of us. Clearly we had none of it, and sent him packing to the sofa. The next morning they've turned up with Chocolates and flowers to say sorry.

Oh my you shouldn't have :drool:

That analogy is troubling. The idea of a Moyes and Glazer gang bang is just too much

Having Mata's babies and adoring the little man's suit on the other hand. Those are the homosexual fantasies that this thread truly needs

I was so excited yesterday before the Sunderland game, really took the gloss of this deal going through.

Yesterday it was "omg we are signing Mata, this is so fecking amazing" but now it just feels like "we are signing Mata, and we damn well need it to sort out how I feel about the game"
The competition should be used as a chance to see fringe players. I'm not sure why we were using our first team squad this year.

Going out of the Milk Cup on penalties doesn't put a dampener on my dinner let alone signing a world class player from our rivals for a club record fee, I'll be honest.

Have to agree. We've signed Mata and broken our transfer record at the same time. Now let's thrash Cardiff next week

I have a horrible feeling we are being played by Chelsea on this, Woodwards time will be taken up over the next week trying to finalise the transfer, Chelsea will pull the plug at the 11th hour and we will sign no one in the window as a result. This season could go down down in history as amateur hour for Moyes and Woodward on and off the pitch.

I was in bad mood after the game last night, woke up this morning. Mata day :drool:

I have a horrible feeling we are being played by Chelsea on this, Woodwards tie will be taken up over the next week trying to finalise the transfer, Chelsea will pull the plug at the 11th hour and we will sign no one in the window as a result. This season could go down down in history as amateur hour for Moyes and Woodward on and off the pitch.

One of the worst WUM attempts ever.

I have a horrible feeling we are being played by Chelsea on this, Woodwards tie will be taken up over the next week trying to finalise the transfer, Chelsea will pull the plug at the 11th hour and we will sign no one in the window as a result. This season could go down down in history as amateur hour for Moyes and Woodward on and off the pitch.
You synical synical bastard :lol:

It's different this year though. Normally, I wouldnt give a flying feck about the CC except to see how the youngsters are doing. This year we've played our 1st team. But yeah, I agree with the gist of it. Mata or CC final? Not even a contest.

The competition should be used as a chance to see fringe players. I'm not sure why we were using our first team squad this year.

I agree that the reaction to last night has been predictably over the top.

Given our situtation a chance of silverware is v important. Look at the 2006 win. Fergie always cited that as a big moment for that team and one the helped it with future successes.

It's different this year though. Normally, I wouldnt give a flying feck about the CC except to see how the youngsters are doing. This year we've played our 1st team. But yeah, I agree with the gist of it. Mata or CC final? Not even a contest.

Playing the first team in the competition has annoyed me, especially given the injury issues we've had.

tumblr_mzty2afcna1t17j4bo1_500.jpg

Take a wager muppets.

8 just looks right. But I think someone mentioned earlier about the 8 shirt already being registered once this season. I dunno if it can be re-registered to another player, can it?

Meh, I don't care. Give him the #1 shirt, like Edgar Davids.

Good deal for all parties really. United get the creative, goalscoring playmaker they really need, whilst satisfying the masses and giving Moyes some breathing space.

Jose gets nearly 40 million for a player not in his first team plans, money that he will use to snag either Cavani or Falcao or our own Wayne Rooney in the summer.

I do have to admit, there is a part of me that does have that view. This photo confirms it for me. He is a troll of the highest order.

jose-mourinho-september-13_1194944.jpg

Spanish guy I work with reckons he can be as good as Iniesta. A bit much but I'll take it.

Can he track back enough? How is his crossing?

I think the fact we sold Anderson suggests that we were confident we were bringing another body in during January. That says to me that the Mata deal has been chugging along behind the scenes for a while now. I'm pretty sure that PSG won't be able to steal a march on us at this stage.

Last edited:
ah bollox

Kia joorabchin the third party ....

This is the only bit that bothers me. Anyone know the track record of the tweeter?

Joorabchian's not an agent. He's not a lawyer. He's still in the third party ownership (aka "player financing") business.

The phrase swimming with sharks comes to mind.

Chelsea have agreed a fee and Mata has a medical scheduled for today. I don't see where Joorabchian can mess things up now. If the deal falls through now it'll be for some other reason.

This is the only bit that bothers me. Anyone know the track record of the tweeter?

Joorabchian's not an agent. He's not a lawyer. He's still in the third party ownership (aka "player financing") business.

The phrase swimming with sharks comes to mind.
It sounds to me like the tweeter just associated the term "third-party" with the last third-party that we had to deal with (Kia and the Tevez saga).

Status
Not open for further replies.