Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
What news on Mata's blog this morning? Has he announced it there yet?

This is the only bit that bothers me. Anyone know the track record of the tweeter?

Joorabchian's not an agent. He's not a lawyer. He's still in the third party ownership (aka "player financing") business.

The phrase swimming with sharks comes to mind.

Yep. I'll believe it when I see Mata playing for United. No sooner. I refuse to get sucked into this muppetry anymore.

He shafted us over the fee to MSI. Chelsea have reportedly already agree the price, so now it's up to Mata to agree the terms. The most he can do is advise the player at this point. If JM wants it enough, he'll sign. Given the way Chelsea have treated him, Mata's place in West London is untenable. I can't see him being too much of a dick about the contract in a World Cup year.

I was angry for all of a minute last night before I started chuckling to myself (oh the manic laughter of the football fanatic!). I mean who else but Man United could conjure drama from a Captial One semi final like that! AND... who loses penalties 2-1 ?!?

I even chuckled at someone posting: "Breaking news: Juan Mata has just been arrested doing a u-turn on the M6"

My "chipper" mood is all dependent upon us signing Mata. If we pull this off there's genuine light at the end of the tunnel. Things WILL improve, 4th spot starts to look do-able. Mess it up mind (!) and the dark clouds will gather oh so quickly. I dont think its an exaggeration to say Moyes job hinges on getting this deal done !

I was angry for all of a minute last night before I started chuckling to myself (oh the manic laughter of the football fanatic!). I mean who else but Man United could conjure drama from a Captial One semi final like that! AND... who loses penalties 2-1 ?!?

I even chuckled at someone posting: "Breaking news: Juan Mata has just been arrested doing a u-turn on the M6"

My "chipper" mood is all dependent upon us signing Mata. If we pull this off there's genuine light at the end of the tunnel. Things WILL improve, 4th spot starts to look do-able. Mess it up mind (!) and the dark clouds will gather oh so quickly. I dont think its an exaggeration to say Moyes job hinges on getting this deal done !

Last night really would have been all the more glum if it wasn't for this marquee signing. The football was gutting, but somehow I wasn't overly angry about it, as I knew this was happening, and seems to be almost nailed on. If it wasn't for this signing, then last night could have sparked our biggest meltdown yet.

Last night really would have been all the more glum if it wasn't for this marquee signing. The football was gutting, but somehow I wasn't overly angry about it, as I knew this was happening, and seems to be almost nailed on. If it wasn't for this signing, then last night could have sparked our biggest meltdown yet.

Absolutely spot on. That's how big a deal signing Mata is. Losing in a semi is normally the worst thing in football, but it pales into insignificance in the light of this deal. Praying they dont cock it up. Need to see him holding the shirt and FAST :-)

That's a report from last night FFS. Nowhere on the web is there an official announcement that a bid has been accepted.
All the people that should know / need to know are saying it's a done deal.

Even Tubes from Soccer Am who is a huge Chelsea fan and lives in cobham has said he's gutted Mata has left.

It's as good as done, just be patient.

Even Tubes from Soccer Am who is a huge Chelsea fan and lives in cobham has said he's gutted Mata has left.

Hope so. But we've been here before and I just don't trust Chelsea.

I don't know why I found this funny. I think it might be the thought of Tubes being some sort of stamp of authenticity. Tubes hath spoken.

fecking love Tubes.

Jamie Carragher says he is "perplexed that United are spending £40mil on a player who can't get into the Chelsea team"

lol, feck off Jamie...

Mine too, last night even though it was only the COC Cup was the lowest point of the season so far for me.

I really thought that the Mata news would lift the spirit of the team but we still couldn't fashion a chance from open play in the first half. Poyet had Sunderland looking the better footballing side FFS. It really is an abomination when we are sat back defending a 1-0 lead against Sunderland at Old Trafford. I think that Moyes was happy with the first half. We got a goal from a set piece and didn't concede. Sunderland came out with a purpose in the second half and that set the tone for the rest of the game. The penalty shootout was the most embarrassing moment of Manchester United supporting life. The lack of bottle we showed was pathetic.

Jamie Carragher says he is "perplexed that United are spending £40mil on a player who can't get into the Chelsea team"

lol, feck off Jamie...

Carragher lol. He doesn't know the meaning or the spelling of the word 'perplexed'

lol, feck off Jamie...
Is that what he said? I couldn't understand a fooking word coming out of his mouth.

I am refreshing Skysports transfer centre every minute even though that page is on auto-update!

lol, feck off Jamie...

:lol: Sad cnut. Wonder what his reaction would have been had it been Liverpool signing Mata.

Mata seems like a really genuine, nice guy. I remember seeing that show on sky sports maybe 6 months to a year back where a reporter basically followed him around London to see the 'real' Mata. Not sure if anyone else saw it. In the documentary which was about 30 minutes long, i was thinking he would fit nicely at our club and Chelsea were lucky to have a player like him. The only problem is, i remember him saying his best mate was Sideshow Bob!!

Mata seems like a really genuine, nice guy. I remember seeing that show on sky sports maybe 6 months to a year back where a reporter basically followed him around London to see the 'real' Mata. Not sure if anyone else saw it. In the documentary which was about 30 minutes long, i was thinking he would fit nicely at our club and Chelsea were lucky to have a player like him. The only problem is, i remember him saying his best mate was Sideshow Bob!!
Who seems like a very nice bloke. Not only seems a great friend between the brazilians, and kinda of a leader too, but also with everybody else. He's a great player, and seems like a genuine nice guy. Him being a cnut and not been showed red card against United, has more to do with the referee. He did what he was told to by Mourinho.

Anyway, I trying to contain my hapiness. Mata is like a dream. He's like a pretty Rooney.

Leaving all the Chelsea shirt crap aside here, look at how polite he is! fecking want!!

His sister looks nice too...

431px-Juan_Mata_Chelsea_vs_AS-Roma_10AUG2013.jpg

Wait lads, I am coming.

With Mata arriving, by my reckoning you've now spent around £82m NET on 'improving' the squad that won the title just 8 months ago. (This includes the Zaha fee, since he took no part in last season's campaign ... not that he's taken any part in this campaign either).

£82m net. Just putting that figure out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.