Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only 3 years and wages won't mean a thing since he's going to a much richer club.

Three years is huge. If a player has an average six year peak between the ages of 24-30 then Chelsea are only getting the latter stages of that. It's a massive difference.

Chelsea might be less restrictive in their spending but they are still a business and do not have unlimited funds.

If this does go through, I think it's a massive show of player power. We are probably the prime team right now to get him into the World Cup team. It really shows his self belief as he will have to turn our fortunes around.

Three years is huge. If a player has an average six year peak between the ages of 24-30 then Chelsea are only getting the latter stages of that. It's a massive difference.

Chelsea might be less restrictive in their spending but they are still a business and do not have unlimited funds.
As evidenced by the need to do this deal with us over a smaller deal with some foreign club.

Highly doubt it. Not the amounts being throw around. £35m + Rooney? There is no way anyone would agree to that sort of deal.

Is the 35m all in cash up front or is there say 20 million to be paid immediately and the balance to be paid in the summer?

Guess we will have to wait till the details become known

Highly doubt it. Not the amounts being throw around. £35m + Rooney? There is no way anyone would agree to that sort of deal.

I was thinking more that we've agreed a separate fee for Rooney.

45M euros apparently, this from people who mentioned the Cavani rumours as "usual transfer hoo-ha" so I suspect they have a good basis for confirming it.

I'm surprised he's leaving, as he's currently in the American show, The Following at the moment.

250px-MikeWeston.jpg

He doesn't play for them though and they're getting the best part of £40million - not bad for their second choice number 10

It also makes us far more likely to let Rooney leave, now that we have a perfect replacement. If that happened the transfer would suit both parties, in the sense that Chelsea get their world class striker and we get a replacement.
I understand all that but what are they thinking...

Apparently Mourinho wants Mohammed Saleh now. Liverpool fans have been saying he's been in bag to sign for them since the start of December.

Would almost be worth it just for the scouse reaction. We get Mata, Chelsea steal Salah, they... hope Suarez isn't hungry again.

It
Is the 35m all in cash up front or is there say 20 million to be paid immediately and the balance to be paid in the summer?

Guess we will have to wait till the details become known
It doesnt mata. If we are paying £35m for him, there is no way Rooney is going to be involved.

Hopefully was concluded before the game. Does he realise what a steaming pile of shite he's walking into? :lol:

Tyler says it's already done and that he's having meds tomorrow yet Sky only goes with 'Man United make Mata bid'.

I was so excited over this all day, but that match has drained me. Hopefully he can somewhat save this disaster of a season.

Great, day going fantastic. Mata looking likely, a goal up and going to a final and them just like that the day turns to shit. Out of the cup and now just had to sit through thirty minutes of sheer bollocks awaiting an interview with Moyes for him to possibly comment on Mata and because we went to extra time and eventually lost, we get feck all.

I don't even care anymore. That match has brought me back down to reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.