Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
ESPN are saying that we want to sign Vidal either this month or in the summer. Just imagine getting Mata and then Vidal...

It would be great but we need more than that. We need 5 or 6 top class players to get this team up to the level required.

I reckon we may see another big name if the Carrick injury turns into a 4/6 week time out

So you agreeing we need him now?

Obviously we need a CM. But no world class ones are available in January.
What team doesn't need world class?

Of course we always need to improve and that's what Mata does. However, my initial point was in regards to probably NEEDING something else. That takes nothing away from Mata's arrival. I understand the difficulty of bringing in a top midfielder in January.

ESPN are saying that we want to sign Vidal either this month or in the summer. Just imagine getting Mata and then Vidal...

feck it we're that desperate, if it took 10 million extra to get him now as opposed the summer it would be completely worth it. Getting Vidal and Mata in midway through the season would almost certainly make us favourites for 4th spot and with some more reinforcements in summer we could be back to challenging for the title next summer. Both players are that good.

200 pages by this time tomorrow? Come on muppets, you can do it.

Do muppets not go back to being normal human beings for a while when the transfer is 99% going to happen? There's no muppetry to be achieved now. It's onto the Vidal thread for them now.

It would be great but we need more than that. We need 5 or 6 top class players to get this team up to the level required.
You never need that many. Once we get Rooney and RVP back fit, that'll be 2. We need 1 top class central midfielder, then just another very good one to go next to him and a good left back and we're sorted. We don't need 5-6 world class players at all. Bringing in a player like Mata lifts the game of eveyrone else, and put in a quality central midfielder (so just 2 top class players) and we'd have a pretty complete team.

Don't agree. As Neville says I think people wildly underestimate our squad which is top heavy with injuries and bottoming on a lack of confidence at the moment. Get all fit, one centre midfielder, Vidal for instance, and a full back and we're away. It's not like Liverpool at the end of their era, we've got money to spend and if we keep hold of our players we'll be back next season challenging for honours

Hard to get excited about this at the minute. The performances have drained all optimism for the time being.

Yep. I've heard plenty of people saying he could for us what Ozil did for Arsenal and, before the game today, I thought that way too.

Now reality has come crashing back in. No one player can lift a team playing this badly.

Hopefully Mata isnt going to retracted his signature.. Especially after the Sunderland result.

I doubt it. It's not like we're shite since yesterday and he'll be a regular first-team starter for us. We're doubling his wages too - from 70k at Chelsea.

I bet not winning a CoC fixture (Mata's cup tied anyway) is a major issue for him when deciding whether to sign or not.

Have to laugh at the "not what we needs", if there's one thing that has shown above all else this season, its that we have a team of technically terrible footballers, like seriously atrocious.
Our midfield is generally made up of ugly, dinosaur footballers. Bar Januzaj but he's a child, it's pretty embarrassing that we constantly pass the ball to him desperately seeking him to create that something. Carrick is okay but his passes aren't ambitious and so he adds little creativity to the team.
We're so so predictable when we play because of this, it'll be nice to get some creativity, a ballsy player, and another player other than Januzaj that actually wants the football. A player who's idea of playing football isn't to run up and down the flanks blasting the ball into the shins of full backs or gimpishly running around with a stupid hunchback cowardly passing the ball backwards over and over again.
Or a player who doesn't have the first touch of a dead retarded dinosaur or one that doesn't constantly get the ball trapped between his legs 24225289 billion times during a game or one who spends most of a game playing as if he has no idea that the other players on his team are his team mates.
Yeah it'll be nice to get someone who doesn't play like the aforementioned.

You never need that many. Once we get Rooney and RVP back fit, that'll be 2. We need 1 top class central midfielder, then just another very good one to go next to him and a good left back and we're sorted. We don't need 5-6 world class players at all. Bringing in a player like Mata lifts the game of eveyrone else, and put in a quality central midfielder (so just 2 top class players) and we'd have a pretty complete team.

From what I've seen of Moyes, he needs true exceptional world class players to bring the gap of his failings in terms of his overall management ability. Great players can win you matches even if the manager doesn't have a scooby. He can't get these mainly average players performing to the levels Fergie got them to, thus he needs to buy the quality.

I know he's leaving and I'm sad for that but I'm not gutted because it's Man United he's joining.

Saying that, it would be delicious in here if PSG swooped in and stole him.

Yep. I've heard plenty of people saying he could for us what Ozil did for Arsenal and, before the game today, I thought that way too.

Now reality has come crashing back in. No one player can lift a team playing this badly.

You'll have Rooney and Van Persie as well though. Those two and Mata into your side is an almost ludicrous improvement.

Yeah I agree, i've been saying it myself. Mata isn't the answer to our problems, but he's the start of a much needed rebuild. Sign 1 world class CM, and then sign a top class LB and we're back in contention next year.

I bet not winning a CoC fixture (Mata's cup tied anyway) is a major issue for him when deciding whether to sign or not.

Yep, I've read that the deal was dependent on us still being in the League Cup. Apparently it's a massive tournament in Spain and he grew up dreaming of winning it one day.

Oh well, on to the next target I guess.

I'm surprised he's leaving, as he's currently in the American show, The Following at the moment.

250px-MikeWeston.jpg
Thought the same watching it last night

The team was utter gash today but you bring Rooney, Van Perise and Mata into the starting XI of any side and they are going to improve dramatically. Let alone this shower of shite.

Arguably best chances creator in the league is not what we need apparently.

I know he's leaving and I'm sad for that but I'm not gutted because it's Man United he's joining but it would be delicious in here if PSG swooped in and stole him.

You'll have Rooney and Van Persie as well though. Those two and Mata into your side is an almost ludicrous improvement.

That's a good point. We've had RVP and Rooney out, imagine united signing Mata and then having them 2 back in the fold, we'll be battling nicely for top 4.

From what I've seen of Moyes, he needs true exceptional world class players to bring the gap of his failings in terms of his overall management ability. Great players can win you matches even if the manager doesn't have a scooby. He can't get these mainly average players performing to the levels Fergie got them to, thus he needs to buy the quality.
Oh, I thought you meant just like overall team quality wise. But yeah, even with all the players I'm not sure if Moyes can make us into title challengers. We should be able to get top 4 if Mata comes and Rooney and RVP stay fit though. Lets hope he changes our style and tries to make us into a more fluid system when we do sign Mata because otherwise he'll be a bit wasted I think.

Arguably best chances creator in the league is not what we need apparently.

Well, we need a lot of things. Quality-wise Mata is perfect: Creativity, quality, mentality etc. Position-wise? There are other areas that need strengthening more.

I doubt it. It's not like we're shite since yesterday and he'll be a regular first-team starter for us. We're doubling his wages too - from 70k at Chelsea.

The level we have sunk to… compensating a player to play non -CL footie next year…

When has he ever managed world class players before now?

Read the rest of my post. He can't motivate the average players to perform above themselves, therefore he needs to buy world class players who will perform no matter what.

I know he's leaving and I'm sad for that but I'm not gutted because it's Man United he's joining.

Saying that, it would be delicious in here if PSG swooped in and stole him.

After all we've been through tonight, and you still unleash this on us?

Cold, even for a Chelsea fan. :lol:

Well, we need a lot of things. Quality-wise Mata is perfect: Creativity, quality, mentality etc. Position-wise? There are other areas that need strengthening more.
Which means we need to find players for different positions we need to strengthen as well. Not that we don't need a creative, proven in big games international to link the midfield with the attack.

Exactly how I feel. All this excitement for Mata made me almost forget just how shit er look atm. No way one single man can change that. Well as long as it's not the manager

Status
Not open for further replies.