Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Er its an odd one.

Its not entirely similar to RVP in that RVP was obviously still first choice at Arsenal and a massive part of their team, if he had gone abroad, 37 million, cash for a new striker would be excellent. We arent suffering without Mata so it would make sense.

However to United, with no player coming the other way is a bit of a strange one. Yes there's a very small chance it might assist us in winning the title this season, but its more likely it would make it harder in future seasons.

Plus hes a lovable guy, very weird feeling.

The fact he's had more impact in less gametime than Oscar makes this even more exceptional, dream signing for us really. It's a terrible judgement really given your now one injury away from a right fecking mess, I am still utterly shocked this is done.
Cheers Rob and send thanks to any Chelsea supporters you might know too. Thanks all round.

Anyone else thinking that we've agreed to let Rooney go the other way?

Not sure what to think of this one. Central midfield is the priority, but then again the signing of someone like Mata can't be a bad thing. Still think it's crazy the extent to which Chelsea have underused him since he's a fantastic player.

Wouldn't say so. Maybe we said they can have first dibs as long as they pay up - but if we get a mission going for the top 4 now, we could get Rooney to stay. Signing Mata will only excite Rooney surely? I mean, the team he "wants" to join, has just lost Juan Mata to us.

Twittersphere and all the decent papers saying the deal is done. :drool:

Can't believe we've gone from initial interest to signing so quickly. Seems it is rather easy when you just pay asking price and don't go in at 50% of asking and expect it to be accepted.

Is this honestly happening, then? I can't see anything definite on the SkySports website.

I refuse to believe it. I've been hurt before.

Even if we have, the value sets a precedent for what they'd have to offer for Rooney. No more derisory bids of 25m for a player much more valuable from a marketing and playing standpoint.

Even if we have, the value sets a precedent for what they'd have to offer for Rooney. No more derisory bids of 25m for a player much more valuable from a marketing and playing standpoint.

And much older, and on higher wages.

No.

Though it would be hilarious if we told them we'd let them have Rooney in the summer and then the day after signing Mata we announced Rooney had signed a new contract with us.

Meanwhile, we're hanging on at home to a shite Sunderland side. This signing is badly needed.

Nope, I think if that was the case we would have known by now or something would have been mentioned about it. Signing Mata should only excite Rooney anyway, sure this is what he has wanted all along, big names, signings with intent.

Of course Mata could be looking at the Sunderland game right now thinking. "feck this. They are shite, Im not going to play for them. cnuts."

lol.

I'm not stoked by this transfer, but then again, I wasn't by rvp either.

How can you not be excited by the signing of big players? Forget the fact you may think we might need strengthening more in other areas, it's one of the best things as a fan when your club signs a world class player.

Not what we need.

Not particularly impressed by this, especially if it forces Young out, which would be ludicrous.

Waste of money imo.

Only fecking kidding.......cock out, big time!!!!!!

Not what we need.

Not particularly impressed by this, especially if it forces Young out, which would be ludicrous.

Waste of money imo.

Only fecking kidding.......cock out, big time!!!!!!
That would be one good reason to buy him.

edit: Didn't notice the white text. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.