Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect an interchanging three behind RVP is the plan. We'll have four players capable of doing it - Kagawa, Rooney, Januzaj and Mata. Rooney the most central, with the other 3 cutting inside and being flexible. We have 3 potential sitting midfielders, Carrick, Fletcher and Fellaini to play in a two behind the attacking four. Perfection.

Should be fluid and fecking sexy as shit.

Watch out Europe.

Are you serious?

If you read the full interview he says that we have always played with wide players in midfield and that to accommodate Mata we have to either play with 3 in midfield or reduce our reliance on wings by using narrow-wide players and so it's not an easy fit for him here...because if Rooney and VP play up top then we'll waste him out wide on the left, much like Kagawa when he has played there...valid point don't you think given DM's preference towards wing play?

If we have to play him centrally, we have to play 3 in midfield or move to a diamondish formation

You know Mata can play on the left or right. His best performances have come from the right.

Mata has also played out wide better than Kagawa ever has.

Watch Moyes get asked about it after the match tonight and this site go into absolute meltdown when he says anything other than "It's on!".

Watch Moyes get asked about it after the match tonight and this site go into absolute meltdown when he says anything other than "It's on!".

As I said last night I fully expect Moyes to respond with "cocks out muppets"

We will get him, can't believe it. Absolute genius of a player. Can't wait to see him play.

If you do this and still lose to City and Arsenal you do realize I'll be slightly annoyed!

A couple of seasons ago we prefered to sign Ashley Young for a few million less, even though Young had a year on his contract. Now we're almost paying double what Mata cost back then. I wonder if Ashley Young is expecting a big money transfer as well

A couple of seasons ago we prefered to sign Ashley Young for a few million less, even though Young had a year on his contract. Now we're almost paying double what Mata cost back then. I wonder if Ashley Young is expecting a big money transfer as well
Who gives a feck?

You know Mata can play on the left or right. His best performances have come from the right.

Mata has also played out wide better than Kagawa ever has.

Yes but he's not a traditional winger who hogs the touchline and crosses, my point was that GN is right about us using traditional wide players and the system needing to adapt

I think we both agree that the current system isn't working as our wingers are below par

I'm just pointing out that GN wasn't necessarily wrong in what he meant

Yes, but there's always next season.

It's just too short-termist for words. It can't be happening. He's gone mad.
I agree but at the end of the day you cant horde a player because you dont want him to go to a rival. If Mata was playing it would a different story but Jose obiously does not rate him and if he has no future at the club it begs to reason the player himself would want to go as soon as possible.

Going away from this point, all this business about a third party doing the deal could it be that one of our sponsors is funding the purchase?

In the small hope of this transfer going through, I've just booked my boat and tickets for the Cardiff match!

Woodward on the phone for longer than it would to say "Get in!". Its off :(

Woodward talking on the phone! He better not be fecking things up.

Everyone watching Sky Sports??

Breaking News!!! Ed Woodward is on his phone.

Must be on.

Status
Not open for further replies.