Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope we have some sort of plan here, if we sell Mata and dont get another player either from United or at all I will be livid. Ok even with Mata United arent going to catch us this season, but as has been said a few times now, it will make United a force for future seasons.

Not Rooney in summer, we need Rooney in January if Mata is to go.

You'll be fine waiting till the summer. Mata is just a player your manager didnt like as much as De Bruyne or Schurrle from the start of the season, its not like you'll miss him

I've got a terrible feeling that it's actually City and the usual Manchester type confusion is there again.

That's all well and good BUT WHY DID WE BUY FELLAINI????????!?!?!?????

What's our current system?

It's broken and time for a change.

I agree I want him.

I'm just relaying what his points were. He didn't say that we shouldn't get Mata or that we shouldn't change system, just that we might need to and that he's not the most typical signing for us. Though I do think that the whole philosophy thing is constricting because our successful periods which have somewhat definied our 'philosophy' or whatever came under just two managers. The latest successful period spanning over 2.5 decades.

Has Ballague ever got anything right? I want this to be true so much but he's such a bullshitter

I really hope we have some sort of plan here, if we sell Mata and dont get another player either from United or at all I will be livid. Ok even with Mata United arent going to catch us this season, but as has been said a few times now, it will make United a force for future seasons.

Not Rooney in summer, we need Rooney in January if Mata is to go.

There would be more chance of Chelsea throwing Hazard and Oscar in to sweeten the deal than Rooney going to Chelsea this month.

If Chelsea sell him to us for £40 million its because the French clubs with all the money and the top spanish clubs aren't willing to offer about the same. Else they'd obviously choose them instead, not having to face him domestically in years to come.

Is Ballbag bullshiting? I will cut his balls and feed them to goats if it isn't announced by the time match is over.

I can't imagine our board will let Rooney go, maybe in the summer but definitely not this month. I hope anyway.

I still think Rooney was on a "one more season" Ronaldo style promise. One that we agreed to knowing we needed to keep him for Moyes' sake but also with our transfer activity in mind, we could change his mind.

If we buy Mata, Gundogan/Vidal/Both and a top left back, will he really want to leave us so quickly?

If Chelsea sell him to us for £40 million its because the French clubs with all the money and the top spanish clubs aren't willing to offer about the same. Else they'd obviously choose them instead, not having to face him domestically in years to come.
Tbh I don't give a damn about why they'd sell to us. Let's just sign him.

Neville is so wrong, if he believes that he wouldn't fit in here. I do think people go overboard about him as a pundit and wanting him as a coach.

Especially when England play the dreaded 4-4-2, which we need to move away from. We won the champions league with a 4-3-3 and players interchanging.

Neville most likely would prefer us to sign another Valencia or Young.

Are you serious?

If you read the full interview he says that we have always played with wide players in midfield and that to accommodate Mata we have to either play with 3 in midfield or reduce our reliance on wings by using narrow-wide players and so it's not an easy fit for him here...because if Rooney and VP play up top then we'll waste him out wide on the left, much like Kagawa when he has played there...valid point don't you think given DM's preference towards wing play?

If we have to play him centrally, we have to play 3 in midfield or move to a diamondish formation

I still think Rooney was on a "one more season" Ronaldo style promise. One that we agreed to knowing we needed to keep him for Moyes' sake but also with our transfer activity in mind, we could change his mind.

If we buy Mata, Gundogan/Vidal/Both and a top left back, will he really want to leave us so quickly?

Sign all of those and we will annihilate the champions league for years to come, with or without rooney.

If we manage to pull off these deals and maybe give him the captains armband along with an improved deal then I can imagine it being hard to turn down.

I thought the caf was bad, I'm reading Shedend and by the time I get to the end of a page 2 more have been added.

Ahhhh we're all the fecking same.

Lack of other bidders. I can only imagine there wouldn't be too many teams willing to shell out 40m for him.

As for not doing business with Pool, I always get the impression Jose hates them almost as much as we do.

Sahin and Moses? There was no real source that we actually big for Bertrand.

ah bollox

Kia joorabchin the third party ....

If his sources are as reliable as caf Al, then you can consider the deal to be as good as done.

Status
Not open for further replies.