Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't need to have had a medical for us to announce anyway.

A few mates at work, who are mostly Liverpool fans still refuse to believe this is happening. To be honest, I still find it hard to believe. If somebody told me we'd be signing Mata a year ago, I'd have recommended they see a doctor.

Can't see a doctor before Friday apparently. Maybe if we'd booked last year.

When its being reported on Sky, BBC, Telegraph, Guardian, Mail, ESPN, CNN....why does some cnut called @ManU_NewsBLP, or whatever, think that people following the saga won't believe it until HE confirms it under the banner 'Breaking news' ?
I think you should ask him that question.

I really hope we have some sort of plan here, if we sell Mata and dont get another player either from United or at all I will be livid. Ok even with Mata United arent going to catch us this season, but as has been said a few times now, it will make United a force for future seasons.

Not Rooney in summer, we need Rooney in January if Mata is to go.

Just on the role of third parties.
We (and Atletico) used Mendes as the third party go-between on the DDG deal.
We (and Real Madrid) used Mendes as the third party go-between on the Ronaldo deal.

If any of the Mata stuff is true then we'd have already have checked with Mata's agent (who we know) if Mata would be interested, before this even started. There's every possibility that SAF checked with Mou to see if it was a non-starter.

If the speculation on this one is right, after that agreement in principle (with price to be confirmed maybe) was done after the Chelsea game.

The idea that we haven't made "an offer" yet just means that things like cash Vs stage payments etc make the final figure open to debate. In the end we offer them what they're expecting and they accept.

Third parties could mean anything from his agents to our lawyers - they'll just be people who can put the mechanics of the deal together so the final contracts are just a matter of getting the pen out. All that Mata's is we get the right Juan.

Cheers. That should calm a few nerves here.

I really hope we have some sort of plan here, if we sell Mata and dont get another player either from United or at all I will be livid. Ok even with Mata United arent going to catch us this season, but as has been said a few times now, it will make United a force for future seasons.

you never know mate.

Shedend said:
To all the plastic manc Surrey Day tripping c**ts spying on here
smiley.gif
Enjoy midtable!

:lol:

Maybe he might be able to cast his mind back a bit and remind us what its like.

What am I thinking, he was probably a Utd supporter at the time.

Mourinho must have a plan out of all of this.

The only alternative is that Chelsea really are scared of FFP and are operating accordingly.

I don't think there's any real mystery.
A) He doesn't rate Mata.
B) He doesn't think we're any threat.
C) He would probably find 40m a lot more useful, particulary as he still has time to strengthen this window.
D) There's an increased chance we'll take points off their title rivals.
E) Also does no harm to their chances of signing Rooney. If nothing else we'll certainly be less desperate to keep him if we already have a player like Mata here.

Rooney's going nowhere in this month. Suspect there has been an agreement on both sides that he moves in the summer and we get Mata now because the lad needs to play football to make the WC squad.

I honestly can't believe this. :lol:

It is too good.

Ballbag said:
All agreed. Juan Mata will play for Manchester United for 45 million euros. To be announced soon

Right, thats it... I'm having that shower now!

No chance of Rooney leaving United this month.

What are Chelsea up to? Surely Rooney the other way?

Or even personal terms. Always hear "...subject to a medical and personal terms" in announcements.
After the debacle in the summer I wouldn't be surprised if the club wait til he completes his first game for us before confirming anything!

I can't imagine our board will let Rooney go, maybe in the summer but definitely not this month. I hope anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.